How to use BFD2 Content in BFD 3.4?

HOW I FIXED BFD3.4 - MAJOR ISSUES (Mac)!!!

If you follow these instructions, you should not have anymore missing drums, or having BFD take 2 minutes to disable BFD3 when inserted in Pro Tools (that’s how I knew ours was corrupted), crashes, etc. I was told that BFD2 is not compatible with BFD3.4., and that “London expansion pack” is the replacement for it.

DELETING ALL BFD FOLDERS (besides content)

1. I first backed up Presets, at User > Documents > BFD Drums or was Expansion (copied entire folder with “kits, presets, maps”)

2. Used BFD2 and BFD3 Uninstallers. Also used CleanMyMac to uninstall “Fxpansion License Manager”, to make sure it completely trashed.

3. I went to all locations and deleted BFD files, such as the main Library >
    App Support > Fxpansion and BFD folders.

4. As above, User > Documents…

5. Then deleted all User > Library > Preferences for BFD and FxPansion.

INSTALLING BFD3.4 (don’t install any older installers)

BFD was still not showing all my Expansion Packs in stand alone BFD3.4 under the “Library” button. Many drums were still missing, such as all the BFD3 drums said “0”.

CONTENT

What actually fixed the issue (drums not showing and taking minutes to disable bfd plugin inserted in Pro Tools, was when I basically deleted all my content, and redownloaded each Expansion Pack and install it from the BFD License Manager. I ended up deleting BFD Rock Tambourines, BFD2 (London Session is replacement for BFD2), and BOMB (Marching Drums and Orchestral is the replacement for BOMB).

COMPUTER and OSX

Mac Pro 2013
OSX Mojave 10.14.6
Pro Tools 2021.12
Interface 003 Rack (Black Lion Mod)

1 Like

Just a reply to ignore as I’m in the same position as you (needing to create pointless posts) Sorry, Have a great day !

Sorry, Just trying to get my post count up so I can access messaging ability to request London Sessions :slight_smile:

Hi @Surrealist It doesn’t work by post count.
Here are the official rules for getting bumped up a level so you can message:

Get to trust level 1 by…
*** Entering at least 5 topics**
*** Reading at least 30 posts**
*** Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts**

By reading they just mean slowly scrolling by a post. So 10 minutes and you’re good to go. No posting required.

Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

Thanks m8, I realised that eventually, Sorry for the pointles spamming. Have messaged Drew, but no reply yet, no worries though, I guess he is a busy guy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also email the same info to support@bfddrums.com. Someone else may be able to get to it if @BFD_Drew is busy.

Okay, Thanks, Will do if I don’t hear anything in couple days. No rush here :slight_smile: Cheers

Hi Drew, I’m unable to use the BFD2 content in the new version of BFD3.4 since the move to inmusic, I have seen the threads on forum directing users to contact you with their serial numbers. I’m not certain if this message in private so haven’t included the serial number until I’m certain that I’m not publishing it to the whole community. Please could you confirm that this is the correct process to enable one to use the BFD kits/ groove in BFD3.4 cheers Pete

@Fordee You need to get to trust level 1 so that you are able to send direct messages on the forum. Once you do that, you can PM Drew directly with your serials and email address. Absolutely, do not post that info on any of these public posts.

https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/read-this-if-you-need-replacement-eldorado-london-sessions/194/171

is this BFD2 content thing fixed yet?

If you can stick with BFD2 do so, InMusic BFD 3 is 90 day time limited demo needing the internet to run.

You have to PM Drew or sent support a ticket and get a new serial number to run BFD2 content in BFD3,

There is no way around this

ALL BFD Content has to have a NEW serial number under the new diabolcal owners, InMusic Brand

Thanks for the reply

Id really like my old BFD content to work since I updated…

Id really really like my old BFD content to work since I updated…

This isnt real fun…

So is there a form to fill out so I can get my BFD2 license number updated so I can use the content I paid for?

Your BFD 2 content/serials through Fxpansion won’t work, as they are legacy products no longer supported, but you can get a replacement serial# for London Sessions which is the same library.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve messaged Drew to get a replacement serial number.

Cheers
Mark

1 Like

Dont stress bro, the London kits are just as screaming loud as when you used BFD2, haha

Once you have the serials you will be fine, it installs just like an expansion kit.

IF you can’t find the kits/presets/grooves. on a Mac scan Library/App Support/BFD Drums/BFD2/System.

On PC I don’t know where BFD2 Kits/Presets are located

2 Likes

Drew sent me a new serial and its all sorted…

Thanks for the reply…

1 Like