How to use BFD2 Content in BFD 3.4?

My post was just to fulfill the posting requirement so I could PM…

My post was to try and help

Glad you are good

Posting until i can pm.

Posting so i can pm. Posting do I can pm

Posting again so I can pm.

@Rdl95 Apparently, you don’t actually have to post anything to be gain privileges to PM. It just requires reading posts for at least 10 mins. Have a look here:

Or you can not do any hoop jumpng at all, and just notify the PRODUCT OWNER with an @

@BFD_Drew

Of course, none of this would matter if the issue just got resolved at BFD’s end.

Thanks…scrolling now

Hello, Steve,

I’m sorry to bother you.

Should all kits/presets/maps from all expansions and BFD1 and BFD2 be in those folders in the BFD Drums folder in documents?

Can those folders be empty in Library>Application Support>BFD Drums, or, should there be a copy in both spots?

Joe

I am all set now with all of the expansions showing up in License Manager and I’m able to access all drum pieces, but, I can’t figure out how to import the older presets.

I have presets for BFD 3, BFD Horsepower, BFD London Sessions, BFD3.3 and BFD3.4.

I have a folder in Library>Application Support?BFD Drums that has a folder for BFD Eco and BFD2 which appears to have all of the older Presets, but, when I try to import them BFD3 doesn’t allow me to select them. Is there a trick to importing them?

@josephlevie You can try, Add BFD2 Paths and Rescan System Paths in content locations section under the Tools menu.

Alternatively if that doesn’t work, you can physically move presets from that “system” location to the users directory and rescan. users/Documents/BFD3/Presets

With the exception of the core library presets, I keep all my presets in the users path instead because I was having issues with presets not showing in the system location, no matter what I did.

You need to import them one by one.

Unfortunately BFD3 won’t do a batch conversion so you will have to load them one at a time as they will need converting to BFD3 format.

If you hit, ‘import preset from file’ you will see a drop-down box where you can choose to import BFD3-BFD2 and BFD files.

I’m pretty sure you won’t be able to import your BFD Eco presets as Eco doesn’t ave the ambient channels but I did actually convert all my Eco presets to BFD2 and was then able to load them into BFD3.

Steve

I never had to import any of my bfd2 presets in bfd3, just to get them to display and load. If I want to save changes to an older preset, then it will prompt you to save it as .bfd3 I believe.

1 Like

It’s been a while but I think I put them in my default folder and they showed up as blank icons in the browser. I had to open and then save them individually to get the icons to display correctly.

Memory is a bit fuzzy though.

Steve

1 Like

Fender_Bender,

When I choose Add BFD2 Paths, I get a message that says “No PFD2 paths found”, but, when I chose Rescan System Content Paths, by golly, that worked. Thank you!

Steve63, when I tried to Import Presets…, I couldn’t get the files to be accessible and had no drop-down box.

The Add BFD2 Paths and Import Presets… were both things that I had tried before posting. I thought BFD had already scanned everywhere, so, didn’t think to try the Rescan System Content Paths. I appreciate the suggestions from both of you. Knock on wood, my BFD is now working at full capacity which it had not been for quite a while.

Edit: By the way, I did not move anything. Everything worked from right where the presets were sitting.

1 Like

It’s only there when you go, ‘import file’ as an idividual preset.
Singular rather than plural if you know what I mean?

Steve

Good morning, Steve63,

I had tried that before too and it didn’t work. I tried it today and it did. The difference may be that I hadn’t chosen that path before.

Thank you!

Joe

1 Like

Really sorry for the delayed responses everyone. Just got through my inbox. Let me know if you never got a response.

2 Likes

Thank you, Drew! I got it worked out. I’m knocking on wood, but, I think everything’s working at the moment. Let me just update to Ventura… Just kidding!

I am new to this form and I just upgraded to 3.4. And I’m having the same problems. I started with the original BFD and I have BFD2 & XFL. I would love to get the problem solved as soon as possible. Should I reply on one of Drew’s posts?