How to use BFD2 Content in BFD 3.4?

With BFD3.3 (3.3.0.43) i can use my old BFD2 Content. With BFD3.4 it doesn’t work. On my PC the old License Manager and the new one is paralell installed and in the old one BFD2 is authorized. So BFD2 works Standalone 64Bit and in Cubase 64Bit without Problems. In the new License Manager the BFD2 serial Number isn’t recognised. The old BFD3.3 64Bit is as a standalone type running because it’s in the old FXpasion Folder an the BFD3.4 is in the new BFD Drums Folder. So i can test side by side. V 3.3 runs BFD2 Content, V3.4 not. Is there any workaround to use BFD2 Content in BFD V3.4 or to authorize BFD2 in the new License Manager?

Greetings jhkaufi

4 Likes

I’m having this same issue. BFD2 serial number not getting recognized in the new license manager for v.3.4. I’ve sent an email to both BFD and inMusic support, so hopefully we can get an answer to this.

2 Likes

Heya! We’re working on getting BFD2 owners the London Sessions pack, and BFD1 owners the Eldorado pack. Watch this space!

13 Likes

With the fear being that BFD3 v3.4 no longer supports certain BFD2 content (which is what this sounds like) can you make v.3.3.1.33 available?

No need for fear. BFD3.4 will support all BFD content, we just have a bug in our migration setup where people aren’t getting the Eldorado and London Sessions packs.

3.3.1.33 is still available from FXpansion, but with that version I cannot guarantee how long it will authorize for. Best to get everyone onto 3.4.

We will be releasing a 3.4.1 update to fix some outstanding bugs, and we are improving our migration process too.

2 Likes

That are good news. So now i can sleep much better… :wink:

Greetings jhkaufi

thank you Drew for these informations and please let us know how we can re-migrate or update our BFD1 and BFD2 content as soon as the issues are solved.

I cannot work with the new v3.4 without having all my kit pieces available as I organized my favorites and user kits without caring about version numbers (I wonder if that’s proper or at least ok english ;-))

2 Likes

I am wondering if this will be an automatic procedure (checking fxpansion’s user account for BFD1, 2 and then issuing an El Dorado, London Sessions license), or should we start providing support with serial numbers in a per user basis?

3 Likes

I have migrated but don’t want to install until BFD London Sessions is available in my account. Any idea when this will happen?

Hi Drew.

Any more news on the London Sessions pack.

I’m lost without my bfd2 content. It’s very noticeable (to me). As I try to rebuild all the kits content.

As I posted this week, I tried to get the wooden snares pack purchased/licenced and installed. I’ve now had a refund from the company I purchased it from.

Surely the company could supply us with this content for all the mess it’s caused through meeting so called deadlines. To which I can only say “writers and musicians do not use deadlines - works of art take years to perfect.”

The London Sessions pack would solve 99.9% of my problems since migration.

That being said - I can’t take the chance on buying the pack because of the licencing issues presently faced.

I find it sad to see all the bfd2 content sat there in it’s folder and unusable.

2 Likes

Yes, this is bad. I have migrated - I upgraded and can’t use my existing kits - which are in use in live projects. I have a malfunctioning PCI interface. I don’t know if changing it will promote a requirement to re-authorise BFD2 so I’m totally stuck. A week ago you were ‘working on it’. How hard can it be to give us the expansion packs that cover our lost content???

Yo yo yo!

Okay, so anyone who needs replacement serials for BFD1, BFD2, SP1, SP2, and ZP1, please private message me. I will need your:

• FXpansion username
  • Product serial number(s)
  • inMusic Profile username

I’ll then get back to you with serial numbers. Apologize for the rather manual way of doing this, but it’s the best I’ve got right now!

9 Likes

Hi Drew!
I want to PM to you but can’t find any buttons like “message” when I click your name.
I created BFD Forum’s account 30 minutes ago…

1 Like

I can’t find message either.

1 Like

Maybe this is easier way to send PM to Drew

Please follow 3 steps
1: Click the link(KVRaudioforum) and make your account
2: Post 2 topics or 2 reply on the board(anything)
3: Then you can send PM (This means you can use PM function on KVR forum)
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543822&start=465

I’ve got a london sessions and now BFD is working perfect for me.
Drew is so kind and helpful.
I hope you guys can enjoy your creation without any problem.

7 Likes

If only it were possible to message you!

Maybe this is easier way to send PM to Drew

Please follow 3 steps
1: Click the link(KVRaudioforum) and make your account
2: Post 2 topics or 2 reply on the board(anything)
3: Then you can send PM (This means you can use PM function on KVR forum)
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=543822&start=465

I’ve got a london sessions and now BFD is working perfect for me.
Drew is so kind and helpful.
I hope you guys can enjoy your creation without any problem.

Can’t find Drew on this forum anywhere? Has he another username there?

@BFD_Drew is the man. :smiley:

edit: you mean the other forum. Amberience

1 Like

edit: you mean the other forum. Amberience

Thank you!

is Amberiance Drew in kvr?can he confirm?