BFD3 v3.4.3.7 - "BFD3 has been disabled..."

Hey, I’m getting the same error with BFD 3.4.3.7. I ended up reinstalling BFD 3.4.2.4, and it’s working fine, and I’ll just stay away from BFD 3.4.3.7 for now.

New Apple M1/Silicon laptop, running macOS 12.0.1.

Noticed something weird, I don’t know if it could be related. When I install the BFD License Manager, it shows version 3.0.5.3. Then I proceed to install BFD3 3.4.3.7, but it asks me to quit License Manager to update it. I quit License Manager, complete the installation of BDF3 3.4.3.7 and when I reopen License Manager it shows version 3.0.5.2 which is one version behind.

When I open License Manager, it asks me to log in.

I log in and all my licenses show up, all authorized. I can quit and reopen License Manager, and it stays that way.

Now trying to launch BFD3. If I open the standalone app, it says it’s disabled, and I have to launch License Manager. The same happens when I open BFD3 in my DAW.

When I open License Manager, it says I’m no longer logged in, and asks me to log in again, which I do. But the standalone app still shows the same error when I restart it.

Every time I try launching BFD3, it logs me out of License Manager and I have to log back in. And BFD3 never works.

Not sure if it’s related: when I try uninstalling BFD3 from the License Manager, I get an error as well:

I tried removing everything manually and reinstalling but still the same issue. So I removed everything again, and this time I reinstalled BFD3 3.4.2.4 and this version is working.

Hope that helps!

I spoke too soon… The standalone app works now, but I still get the error in my DAW, although I’m logged in to BFD License Manager and everything’s authorized…

1 Like

HI. Did you find a fix for this? Mine also can’t find libraries, however at least it doesn’t freeze.

Same here. the linked Licensed Manager works for the standalone. ProTools 2021.12 will display plug-in windows however still getting the BFD3 has been disabled.

Logic Pro won’t even scan it so it doesn’t show up in Plug-in Manager… and UAD LUNA won’t display either.

I also when back and deleted the session file in the app support folder, it didn’t help.

Monterey 12.1

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro18,2
Chip: Apple M1 Max
Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)
Memory: 64 GB

Just to add an experience user.
Since I bought BFD all is complicated … had to upgrade from eco to v3 because they decided to discontinued it and had to convert all session from one version to other which is not fun at all.
Now it’s no more an Fxpansion VST but roli product and you need to convert account to an inmusic one.
And now have to go to forum to find a version of the licence manager that need an online autorisation that is not working …
Sorry but this is not what I can call a simple user experience.

1 Like

Anybody find a fix for this yet? I’ve done everything in the thread and nothing is working. I tried to open BFD3 in Luna just to see if it was an issue with Cubase and Luna isn’t even recognizing it. Very frustrating.

Mac Pro (2013)
Monterey 12.1
Pro Tools 2021.12

Since I’ve only been able to either use the standalone version or plugin version (AAX), I updated LM to 3.0.5.3. I was at LM 3.0.5.2.

After updating I could only use in standalone mode and couldn’t auth plugin in Pro Tools. I followed clearing “com.inmusicbrands.softwareunlock” procedure and the problem persisted.

I ended up re-installing BFD 3.4.3.7, which apparently re-installed LM 3.0.5.2 along with it, and now the AAX plugin can authorize in PT.

So, basically I’m back to where I was. Either the standalone is authorized or the plugin is authorized, but not both. While standalone not working sucks, plugin not working is a killer. I hope this information is helpful toward resolving these issues.

@BFD_Drew Yes. This situation is very frustrating. However, I am hopeful that these problems will get worked out in a timely fashion. I very much prefer BFD3 over all the other drum software out there and I have tried all of them. This ecosystem is worth development and care and I appreciate all of your efforts to help us all out during this transition.

Let me know if I can provide any information to help with fixing these issues.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi… just thought I’d add another voice to the mix. I’m also using a M1 mac, OS Monterey. Again, the Licensed Manager works for the standalone version. However when using BFD3 as a plugin in either Reason 12 or ProTools 2021.12, the pop up display window says that BFD3 has been has been disabled. I’ve deleted the session file as suggested, but that makes no difference. It’s poor that thorough test scripts were not properly run before launching the new license manager update.

1 Like

Same issue with AAX version and Protools; AU versions appears to be working fine in Logic and LUNA, M1Pro / Monterey.

Can’t use BDF3 at all with LPX, Monterey. Tried all of the above. Licence manager works but after opening BDF3 during scan app crashes.

Already a solution coming???

I could use the hot fix as well
mykbro@comcast.net

This hot fix aint worth $ht, not working. I’m completely fed-up with BFD3 support. Either amazingly slow , sucking mega

@BFD_Drew - Let me begin by saying thank you for posting the link to BFD LM v3.0.5.3. in this forum!!

This past Xmas, I upgraded from the original BFD and could not get past the disabled message and LM v3.0.5.2 authentication issues described in this thread until I saw your post!

Thank you again!

BFD3 v3.4.3.7 on Mac mini M1, OSX 12.2 and LPX 10.7.2

1 Like

Have a mist something?? Mine still not working

BDF3 3.4.3.7 LM 3.0.5.3. iMac 3,6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i3. OSX 12.2 LPX 10.7.2

“You are not logged into your inMusic account.”
that is a website, it doesn’t mean ‘not logged into BFD LM’.
you should get a link to the site from this message, logging in there sorts the problem

Thanks for trying to help! When I click the link, it takes me to the site. I log in, but BFD3 still shows the same message, unfortunately.

However, I managed to get BFD3 working in both Logic Pro and Reaper by:

1. I installed the latest version of BFD License Manager 3.0.5.3.
  2. I installed BFD3 from there, and it installs BFD3 3.4.3.7.
  3. For some reason, installing BFD3 3.4.3.7 also asks to “update” BFD License Manager. It installs BFD License Manager 3.0.5.2 which is actually a downgrade, so I let it do that.
  4. This breaks BFD3 for me, asking me to log in again and again, and it never works.
  5. I redownloaded and reinstalled BFD License Manager 3.0.5.3 from the site, then I reopened BFD License Manager 3.0.5.3, I logged in and re-authorized everything again.
  6. This time, it works both in Logic Pro and Reaper! No error message about logging in to my inMusic account.

From my testing, I think BFD3 3.4.3.7 doesn’t work well with BFD License Manager 3.0.5.2, which for some reason gets reinstalled. So I can get BFD3 3.4.3.7 to work with BFD License Manager 3.0.5.3, or BFD3 3.4.2.4 to work with BFD License Manager 3.0.5.2.

I really don’t know why installing BFD3 3.4.3.7 on my computer made it reinstall BFD License Manager 3.0.5.2. It makes no sense. It seems other users posting here didn’t have this issue.

Just my experience…

At least, it’s working for me, so I’ll just leave it like this now and I won’t update anything any more.

This worked for me too - running DP 11

I am stuck in a loop of License Manager and BFD not being auth’d even though the license manager says everything is good.

Really starting to make me give up on BFD… Aaaargh

FWIW after deleting the whole package including all add-packs I did a complete new install of latest BFD3 and all the drum and looppacks. Took me beter part of a whole weekend, downloading cursing and installing sweating but it did pay of. It works now
After new install no more crashing of licence app nor standalone. Working flawless in LPX.
Happy again.
iMac , MacOS 12.2.1, LPX

1 Like

I still can’t get this authorised properly… Says it’s all good in the license manager, but says it’s Not Authorised in BFD!!! Aaargh!!!