BFD3 v3.4.3.7 - "BFD3 has been disabled..."

in interest of fairness, too many simult. auths was a thing with fxpansion BFD as well, which also need someone at the office to clear 'em out.

2 Likes

Hello @BFD_Drew ! I just got “maximum simultaneous authorizations” for just a moment.

I just got a new MBP16 M1 with Monterey because my old laptop just broke, so here I am again. My email account is darkestromantic@gmail.com. Would you mind clearing out my authorization for me? I appreciate any help you can provide.

If you need more info, I’ll send a message to you.

I have the same issues with my Windows 10 machine, but this seems to be a Mac-only topic now!!! Is there Win fix for the license manager?

2 Likes

Thank you for the Monterey fix - I am so very grateful! i dreaded rebuilding my Mac M1 having everything otherwise perfect. You will go to heaven…assuming you want to of course :slight_smile:

I’ve got BLM 3.0.5.3 installed, I’ve deleted the SESSIONS file, I’ve logged out and back in (all in that order) and I’m still getting the “BFD3 has been disabled…” message when trying to run BFD3.app standalone or as a plugin in REAPER.

Wondering if there is a step I’ve missed, or some information I can pass along to the developers to help figure this out.

I followed the sets that have been discussed in this thread. BFD3 now opens in Logic, the only problem is, it won’'t find the libraries. When I try to scan for them, the scan freezes. Any advice?

Inside of BFD when you go to scan your libraries, only do one location at a time. If you select all locations it will freeze up in my experience

I’ve tried that. It freezes no matter what I do.

OK, Ill ask

1. What OS X version?
  2. What Mac are you using?
  3. Are the BFD libraries on the internal drive or a secondary one?
  4. Have you use the STAND ALONE BFD app and tried scanning them there BEFORE opening up Logic? This has worked here a few times

I’m running Monterey
2020 MacBook Pro with M1 Chip
Everything is on the same drive
The stand alone works fine. The one in Logic is the issue

So when you open up BFD in Logic and do the library location scan that is when it freezes yes? Got ya

Which version of Logic?

1. I would go to the plugin manager in Logic and make sure BFD looks good there as well. Maybe Reset and Rescan.

2. If the stand alone is working then it is something wonky with the current Logic/plugin setup with BFD
    Im guessing BFD is the bad guy here as my SD3, SSD, AD, EZ2 all scan just fine here.

3. In my and many others the library scanning in BFD has ALWAYS been an issue

4. Im on Big Sure here, I will check it later today to see if I have that issue as well with Logic

I’m running the latest version of Logic.

BFD checks out fine in the plugin manager

I would try another DAW to rule out Logic. Any free one will work to check it.

Hello @BFD_Drew
I am using BFD3 on Win 10, this morning authorizing thing shows up as always.
Open LM and hit the authorize button it says “authorization complete have fun” then back to LM main page it says not authorized.

here’s what’s happening:

is there anyone having the same issue?
totally messed up in the middle of urgent work situation.
I already contacted to support but I have to finish it tomorrow and no hope they get back to me…

thanks

I have tried sign in and out, uninstall and install but it didn’t work.

Just finished project using Superior Drummer3 and checked LM again and it shows Authorized and everything is fine now…
What the f was that…?
Anyways, apologies for messing around.

I am totally regretting getting BFD3. I had the stand alone working for a few minutes, but that doesn’t help me in Logic. Logic won’t find the libraries, it only freezes up. Now neither versions will login.

What is the problem with just making software that you install and it just works? Why are we all jumping through hoops to run this software?

4 Likes

Because nothing compels the computer industry (nor most any other) to be better than awful. The free market is a myth, corporations determine “demand” with supply and illusion of choice, competition is sparse to nonexistent, and where competition exists, the same anti-user/customer treatment is also present (ie: EULAs, software “licensing”, subscriptions, and zero warranty).

The whole computer industry is a mess, and it has been for decades. The religious obsession with laissez-faire capitalism keeps us from having legal remedies (in the USA especially) for garbage product and abusive companies that do not stand by their product and abuse their employees. The culture of “it’s too complicated for you to understand why this is fine” that tech geeks promote only helps perpetuate the abuses of tech industry companies.

3 Likes

Although I can’t imagine anyone would want to pirate such a painful bit of software as BFD3, I would maybe blur out your serial numbers in case some insane person tries to use them. Actually, that might be a fitting punishment for the hackers.

1 Like

I was thinking to also blur out the email address.

1 Like