BFD3.4.4.29 Release Notes

Thanks, guys. Helpful to know.

Hello

I am in BFD3 3.4.3.7 and License Manager 3.0.5.2. All my expansions (plenty) work okay. I migrated to InMusic months ago, everything good.

Now, I downloaded the new BFD3.4.4.29 update and did proceed to install but cancelled in the “Please choose optional components” step.

There is a “Migrate BFD3 files” option in that step, and I am scared to check or uncheck without knowing what it does.

Could you please advise?

Thank you!

I did NOT check the migrate option. I guess that the option must be there for people still using fxpansion BFD and wanting to jump in at the current version. It’s them that should check the box.

Edit: Everything working after as it did before.

Thank you ggmanestraki.
Installation went smooth, everything works.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

DOH! Crashed again. (When dragging grooves).
Just installed 3.4.4 and have it fully authorized. BFD3 has just crashed again in both standalone and in Studio One (v4.61) on Mac Sierra. My content is spread out onto two internal drives — the samples are not on the boot drive. It’s also crashing Digital Performer, whereas 3.43 D&D worked fine there.

The same crash occurs in Win 10, so it’s not just my Mac or the OS. Something else is happening here.

I don’t absolutely have to have this D&D feature, but it would be convenient.

I’ll start a separate thread to not detract too much from the main release topic.

UPDATE: Restarted computer. Still crashing in Studio One 4.61 - drag MIDI groove from right palette.

1 Like

Ableton and logic won’t get me started. in the standalone the kits are shown; in the plugin it shows nothing, just searching. Also in the standalone when turning the knobs it doesn’t change the numbers which are shown under the knob. when trying to put a drive effect on the snare, it totally don’t work.
when changing the hihat volume, the snare fader moves along.
effects work on the kick channel, not on the snare. it think this is enough troubleshooting; maybe you need some m1 beta tester, if so, drop me a message; better than waiting endlessly until things work.

this feels like no finished version sadly… I remember when some guys told me in the past superior drummer is good, but if you want the best realism, take bfd. What happened to the former so great software??

m1 MacBook 12.3.1

I always leave “Migrate BFD3 Files” unchecked. Better to just manually migrate anything you need to. If you’ve already been using the BFD Drums versions, most likely you’ve already ported everything over from FXpansion that you wanted to at this point, so there is no continuing need to migrate. My guess is this option is still there for people who are jumping on board from FXpansion for the first time?

Also, I should say that maybe the, “Migrate BFD3 Files” in the installer should default to, unchecked?

3 Likes

Hello, I just installed BFD 3.4.4.29. and the VST plug in does not work at all. Yesterday it would not get off the BFD disabled screen even when I pressed start the license manager button. Today when I try to insert the plug in into a Cakewalk by bandlab project the entire application immediately disappears from the screen and terminates. I have had on going problems with BFD crashing Cakewalk and have an extensive collection of crash logs in my desktop folder. I really like the versatility of BFD but I think you have failed to fix the stability problems that have been plaguing it. Also it appears you have improved the licensing so much authorized used can’t use it.

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about those crashes. It’s best that you report those in the Bugs forum (Bug Reports - BFD Forum) just in case you haven’t already. I use Cakewalk too and I am not getting any crashes (none).

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Did the install of the new license manager and downloaded the update. Everything went quite well actually. Runs in standalone no probs. It opened up in my DAW (Reaper). The only thing that I did notice was that in my project it did not keep the output assignments of the kick and snare setup in BFD within my project. It did for the hi-hat and toms though. Bit weird there. But in the short time of just doing this it is good. Windows 10 21H2

1 Like

SYSTEM:
2013 iMac , Monterey 12.4, 32 GB Ram
ALL BFD is on a separate TB spinning HD

StudioOne 5.5.2
Cubase 11.0.41

BFD3 3.4.4.29
LM 3.0.6.22

I think you need to update your Studio One bro to 5.5.2

I did the Groove Editor Palette and also the the Grooves Browser on the left for giggles

1. Drag from Stand Alone app to desktop = NO CRASH
  2. Stand Alone into an open Studio One= NO CRASH
  3. BFD as an Instrument in S1= No Crash

**Cubase will NOT let me drag from the Grooves Browser when using Stand Alone or as a VSTi inside of Cubase. The file turns into a blue file folder and not a midi file as we usually see when trying to do that.

No crashes with Cubase either here.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Hi folks, my 1st post here.
I would like to update my BFD3 to the 3.4.4.29 new version but don’t know what to install between both contents I find in my BFD licence manager.
Before all, I made the migration of my account to the InMusic website. Everything worked fine. Then I updated my Licence manager to the 3.0.6.22 version as suggested.
Then I authorized all my serials in the LM, no problem with that.

In the LM window I have now two things :

BFD3 Coftware installer
BFD3 Content installer

What do I start first? What is it recommended to do? The content is seemingly the core of the VST. Should I install it too if a previous version of BFD3 is already installed on my computer?

Thank’s for your help. :wink:

in strong agreement with this; I’d even say just don’t do it that way, after half a year of seeing the results people tend to have. Lose everything from the past and start with a clean slate like taking a long-needed bath.
ALL of the samples in their own folder under a single top folder

2 Likes

It isn’t really the core of the instrument itself, it’s just another library that happens to be included in the product BFD3. If it’s already there and it’s not causing issues why bother? That said it isn’t going to hurt anything unless you botch the installation or something causes it to be borked.

Thanks Civilization3. I will only work with the download of the update then.

I will look in throughout the day ,and if you run into problems just post.

Unless its asking you about getting this time limited demo mess resolved.

So, I have precious few months left with BFD. Are you going to honor your sales, as they were made at the time and allow offline use? Im asking you because you’re here and representiing, its not blame. If its above your pay grade, put me in touch with someone above you.

1 Like

Just to inform you : the installation of BFD3.4.4.29 is done. I don’t get any problem. I only use the update download, not the library content. When I opened BFD for the 1st time there was no sample in. Then I used the drives scan option to put everything in place. Now it’s okay. Everything is working fine. Thanks to everyone for his direct or indirect help.

4 Likes

Just wanna be clear about my earlier post. My crashes are related to dragging MIDI grooves. BFD3 works fine and dandy otherwise.

2 Likes

Hi Drew. One week ago I updated to ver. 3.4.4.29 on two PC´s. The first PC authorized without any problems, but the second failed…“Authorization failed, maximum simultaneous authorizations reached". I mailed BFD Drums Support a week ago, but haven´t received any help yet. Is there anything I can do to get up running again, as I really need BFD on the second PC in my tracking studio. Also I hope this problem does not occur every 90 days.