BFD3.4.4.29 Release Notes

Can you drag MIDI grooves into the timeline?

I haven’t done the update at all, but open a project with it or as standalone and it will not connect to the server. I just re-authed a couple of days ago (because I needed to load a VE Pro project which borks its tenuous connection to the LM (one LM allows it there, the other allows it in Nuendo. It’s catastrophic in VEP.). I can’t use it now, and nothing changed like that here.

IE: I can’t access the download for the new LM, and no products are refreshed, from either use case (standalone or in Nuendo).

Not really sure, what you mean with “drag MIDI grooves into the timeline?”

Go to the MIDI grooves palette, click on one and try to drag it into your DAW. If it crashes, you’ll know what I’m talking about. :slight_smile:

Ok thx, never did that before. And it is working, no crash for me.
P.S.
Drag and drop from the left side “Grooves” also no problem.

1 Like

I reinstalled XFL which was no success, License manager still didn´t list either expansion as installed + the XFL folder didn’t show up after a regular content scan.
However “add BFD2 paths” added the Deluxe and Sphere folders as paths but strangely not the XFL folder.
I had to add XFL by “search folder”.

I tried restarting the manager but it still doesn’t list Deluxe, Sphere or XFL as “installed products” while all my “registered products” are listed and authorized.

After adding the respective paths via “add BFD2 paths” and manually as mentioned above they do seem to work in BFD3 so now the only problem of sorts is that they don’t show up as installed in the license manager.

Edit on 22-05-27: Latest update on my problemos - I tried running the XFL expansion installer directly from the HD, it installed fine but still didn´t show up as installed in the manager = irritating.
So I thought I’d try running it through the manager since the installer folder was in the download folder but the manager didn’t “see” it so I had to settle for installation through the manager and downloading the expansions again - which solved the problem. Did the same with the other 2 expansions too.

Now everything seems to run smoothly and I’m happy again. :slightly_smiling_face:

Standalone and VST working well here on macos 12.3.1, Cubase 12 (rosetta).

1 Like

So, later I was able to connect to the server. It does the authorize everything, then BFD is still kaput.
The first several tries, the download of BFD3.4.4 has a fatal error. One supposes this is the server overloaded or with some errors. It installed, it works so far, the new LM does appear to work with the standalone. First launch of a Nuendo proj crashed, now I have it working. Whew!

This is a great video, not much different to BFD’s instructions on reporting bugs, but more importantly is has some good pointers with regards to behaviour on public/private forums:

Settle down boys. We’re all friends here. No need to go down this road, though I suspect misrepresentation of internet words are to blame here. Fwiw, I don’t recall being offended by Murt’s initial post. I just saw it as someone who was trying to update to fix things and it just made it worse for him. Totally reasonable to vent like that, especially with this windy BFD3 road.

2 Likes

As a user from China mainland I successfully login and actived my BFD yesterday! :joy:
That’s the biggest update of version 3.4.4 to me

2 Likes

Please folks. There are plenty of places for throwing out a bit of aggro on the internet, I enjoy many of them myself. But the BFD forum isn’t really one of them, and particularly a release notes thread where other users are not going to want to wade through this.

6 Likes

Is it all working for you now?

The problem of not being able to log in in China has been successfully resolved, thanks to the BFD team for their efforts!

2 Likes

Now where was I? Ah yes, dragging MIDI grooves from the palette. Can anyone confirm that this is generally working in a DAW — someone who has experienced this problem? Prefer Studio One.

Free Caribbean luxury cruise for each reply. See details below.

[Oops, I lied.] :smiley:

re; dragging MIDI grooves from palette — anyone wish to respond?

As MIDI? As Audio? To DAW? To Desktop?

As MIDI. I have experienced crashes in previous builds when dragging both into the Studio One timeline and also onto my desktop in standalone mode. But it works in DP. Mystery, for sure.

I will when I get back to the palace
Im 4 hrs away at the moment

1 Like

Cubase here, no problems when dragging MIDI to the track in the project.

2 Likes