BFD3.4.4.29 Release Notes

I think its cause you should of been a KORG and not a Roland, just sayin

Have to admit though, Iā€™ve got a name that fits perfectly into the music business. Certainly easy to remember when watching bands onstage and seeing reminders everywhere: ā€œRolandā€ this, ā€œRolandā€ that. I always thought that was funny. Me and all the other Rolands who play music. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You and Roland Orzabal have got it made! :smiley:

I am so confused. I have BFD3 version 3.4.4 and License manager 3.0.6.19.
If I want to download the latest version of BFD3 it might tell me that License Manager is older or newer. Iā€™m afraid to get rid of the one I have because it might negate the fact that I have a great working BFD3 now. Is there a way you could help me understand this?

I downloaded this last night, thinking this would be my last download of BFD, likely ever. May as well install it.

I then read the T&Cā€™s and thought ā€˜nah, if its going to self destruct, and Im having to buy a competitors product just to have an acoustic drums vsti, why am I bothering?ā€™.

So I didnt install it and now its time to uninstall BFD completely.

This is what got me thinking ā€˜do I really wanna update it when its working atmā€™, but then I know my install is going to self destruct at some point in its permanent time limited demo mode, so really, it isnt working properly at all. Its fundamentally broken, so why am I bothering keeping it around?

Uninstall time. Its hard to make a break sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always backup a copy of the last known working BFD3 build and LM. If you update and it breaks, you can easily revert back in 5 mins.

1 Like

No need to do that with 3.4.4. Generally if there are huge changes that might cause something to go awry, we will leave the last version in place. If itā€™s a fairly straight forward update, or an essential update, then weā€™d really rather people didnā€™t roll back and instead worked with us to resolve their issue - most things can be resolved after a very quick investigation.

1 Like

I understand your point, but in general, for all plugins/apps, keeping the last known working installers is sound practice imo. I for instance, have 3 separate backup locations for all my audio plugin installers and Iā€™m always updating these when a new version comes out. Overkill perhaps, but in the audio production world you can never be too prepared.

Agree with Fender bender. I keep copies of the LMs that I know work and installers of my current installer that I know works.

1 Like

Old versions of LM will not work with any version past 3.4.4.29; literally no point keeping them. To be honest, all youā€™re doing is setting yourself up for frustration and annoyance in the future when you try to roll back and it doesnā€™t work.

not quite true. First, I have been working with support because I have not had one LM that work with standalone and my three DAWS (PT, Logic and LUNA). I still have to use LM3.0.5.3 to run Version 29 in Luna and Logic. I get the error about not authorized if I use LM 22. LM 22 does work with standalone and PT. its crazy. Had this problem ever since I upgraded to Monterey.

1 Like

My point of backing up is not to be able to mix and match the LM with any BFD3 build, itā€™s to be able to revert back to the last working release of the LM that released with itā€™s corresponding BFD3 build.

I understand youā€™d rather have users troubleshoot any issues that arise with new releases, but for a lot of users on here doing professional studio work, that just wonā€™t cut it when you have a paying client and you need the product to work now. Wasted time is money potentially lost.

Now for those using BFD3 and arenā€™t in a professional environment with timetables, they might not have the same urgency to have a working version, though waiting out for a fix can surely kill any creativity that you had.

I mean BFD3 has a shit ton of beta testers anyways for sorting out and working through bugs. I precisely didnā€™t sign up because I donā€™t have the patience for that, but all the respect to those that do.

2 Likes

No different from the advice to do a back up when updating anything such as the daw or plugin

Pro studios arent going to look at any of this and decide to buy into it willingly considering all the other options. The future is only looking more open source and A.I. driven atm.

The LM is unintuitive, not user friendly, isnt being made with the end user in mind. Its being made with corporate future plans in mind, primarily. When these suggestions comes up with the end user in mind, the answer is usually ā€˜noā€™ until it gets reasoned endlessly, with logic, by end users. The answer then might be a begrudging ā€˜OKā€™.

There are so many other options these days, that the only reason to keep putting up with this is sunk cost fallacy, a familiarity with the complex software and a hope that things will change.

It makes way more sense to go with any other option that doesnt require an argument with the software once every few months, or not to go with a company that cant fathom how much hassle it is to not have an option to revert back to a working version if an update breaks things. To go with software that means the work gets done quickly and to a high standard. People need to be able to swap files, and move projects on the go with as much ease as possible.

BFDā€™s current methods seem like a strange way to do business IMHO, a strange way to attempt to get back on top.

This is the most frustrating company Iā€™ve dealt with in years.

5 Likes