BFD3.4.3.7 Released

Thanks, Drew. That seems to have fixed the issue.
This cym. choke issue did not occur before, so it must have been set by default with a preset I tried out, or with the new update. Glad it’s not a software glitch.

For anyone else who encounters this problem, the “choke with aftertouch” setting is found by clicking on the “tools” button in the key map editing section.

1 Like

I think it just means that your Preference settings were overwritten with the last update you did? If the migrate BFD3 settings dialog is checked for installation, I think Prefs would be included with that. Not sure. Regardless, always a good idea to back up your system before a BFD3 update. Then you could always just copy the Prefs file from the BU to the updated install location.

I uncheck the migration for each update and my settings have remained throughout the last two updates. It may have been something with the preset. Doubt it, but that’s all I can think of.

Daylight savings? You gotta be effing KIDDING ME. How many MORE examples of “this DRM is a nightmare” does your company NEED before ripping it all out and actually SERVING THE CUSTOMERS?

5 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 5.28.49 PM
not OK. At all.

3 Likes

I was extremely upset

3 Likes

really?

2 Likes

@BFD_Drew the link provided in the OP is taking me to the download page for LM 3.0.5.3 and not 3.4.3.7. How can I update LM on my machine?

Thanks in advanced.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Updates are delivered via the License Manager. Install 3.0.5.3, login to your account via LM (follow the browser prompts) and then select BFD3 in your list of products. You’ll see the 3.4.3.7 download available there.

Cheers!

Thanks for the prompt response @BFD_Drew. However, I have been waiting for several minutes for the License Manager to finish logging in. As it is right now (and has been) it’s asking to wait.

I also experienced the server connection problem when opening BFD and authorizing my licenses (which were previously authorized already).

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

I have to give up. I’ve got other things to work on now.

Somebody at inMusic/BFD, please plug the server(s) into the network so LM and BFD can connect.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

2 Likes

I’m back because I finally connected with the server (thanks to whomever plugged it into the network). I have updated LM dated successfully.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

3 Likes

I rolled back some time ago to the pre-InMusic version of BFD3. I will not update until this crazy authorization system is eliminated….period.

2 Likes

Be nice to hear a step by step of how you did that, I’m also fed up with all the interruption to my work flow.

What interruptions have you been seeing?

1 Like

Same as many others, re authorise required too often just when an idea strikes you boot up bfd 3 and it wants re authorisation. I’ve gone back to using bfd 2 just to avoid it. ? Why did I buy bfd 3 ?
Roy

1 Like

This will be improved in the next release, but the re-auth should be happening every 90 days. If it isn’t, can you please let me know, and let me know if you’ve had any OS updates, hardware changes, or anything else on your system changing that might affect this - if you’re going offline also, let me know.

2 Likes

So the 90-days crap is staying? Could we have an announcement as to BFD Drums intentions on this? I’d rather just know now that it will be there in some form or other so I can move on.

2 Likes

In another thread, Drew implied that inMusic isn’t going to budge on this, so expect the calling home to definitely be staying in some form.

But offline is def a thing thats being worked towards IIRC, the 90 days wont matter unless you wanna update, in which case going online is needed anyway.

However, needing to get that specific computer online is still a sticking point/stumbling block. An offline installer is the next best alternative I think.

Gonna be interesting to see how this shakes out.