BFD3.4.3.7 Released

Hey @kperry

Has there been any change with the issue you are seeing when scanning for content? Does reinstalling the update make any difference?

Kind Regards,
Joe

LM isnā€™t getting validation from the server for anything here.

Now, Iā€™m on M1 MacBook Pro under Monterey (I didnā€™t have a lot of choice). Does this not work?
I donā€™t see documentation beyond here, one supposes not.

1 Like

What are you seeing exactly? Could you start another thread under the bug reports section and tag me in it? See if we can figure it out.

What I was seeing was ā€˜cannot be validated by the serverā€™ after doing the log in by browser. At this point, click on any in the list and they all fail with that message.

Today I tried it, in order to make a screenshot, and after log in by browser they all authorized. Nothing was installed, I installed BFD3 and now all red again so the process had to be repeated, but they all authorized.

LM claims all authorized. Run BFD (standalone or plugin to VE Pro 7.11) and it tells me Iā€™m not logged in, it canā€™t work. Logging in has no effect, this is in no way true.

unimportant grievance/deleted

Hi, Drew.
Iā€™ve downloaded the latest BFD and installed it on Big Sur. It works fine as a standalone, but fails validation in Logic 10.7. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Deleted. Deleted. Deleted.

1 Like

And now VSL has gone iLok, which is catastrophic. BFD3 kills the project dead, it will not do it. Oddly it works fine in Nuendo 11, only Iā€™m probably looking at authorizing it anew every start. Good times.

Stable in Nuendo 11 now, it quit making me re-authorize virtually each time for whatever reason.
This is again LM 3.0.5.2. .3 in this configuration is untenable, it works only for the plugin in VE Pro, which performs insanely poorly on this system, it brings it to its knees a setup that without that performs far better than anything Iā€™ve ever experienced. Nuendo takes an extreme amount of time to load the BFD output channels in a project but ok. This is all under Rosetta 2.

yeah its weird LM 3.0.5.3 works for Logic, Luna and standalone but Pro tools needs Lm 3.0.5.2. I keep both in the doc and lanch the right one and authorize before opening the DAW I am going to use. Has seemed pretty solid. Have not had any problems with authorization so far.

Hmmā€¦ Iā€™m using LM 3.0.5.3 with Pro Tools 2021.6 and no issues there.

I recently ran into problems with LM 3.0.5.3 and PT 2021.11. Iā€™m on Intel Mac 12.3.1. I can survive because it works in VE Pro. I should check Bluecat when I get a minute. Itā€™s especially weird, because I was good on PT until recently.

I think the underlying authentication system using the browser is weird and wonky, and subject to the whims of the OS engineers. I feel like a lot of the strangeness and aribitrary failures would probably go away if that dependency were severed, and werenā€™t OS specific.

Are you on Monterey?

No, Intel, High Sierra.

Iā€™m running Monterey with 2021.10. Both the latest. Kind of funny the new LM works on the old high Sierra and the older LM works with the new.

Enter the world of BFD3ā€¦ where sometimes, nothing makes sense.

1 Like

forced to reauthorize today. This is no 90-days, apparently the last time according to this forum was somewhere between 10 and 21 days ago

Your machine probably triggered one of the machine ID checks. Weā€™ve tightened those up in the next 3.4.4.x build, which is currently in beta and final QA rounds.

BFD 3.4.4.29 is functional with PT2021.11 again. My guess is probably some kind of a cache reset of some kind? Since all that LM stuff was updated, it seems likely. Anyway, it works fine for now.