BFD3.4.2.4 Released

It was there in my library too, but it was removed by BFD3 once I tried to select it because of a license issue. Also, there appears to be multiple versions which is confusing.

how do I correctly license it?

Yes, just loaded it and it plays fine.

If itā€™s available for download in your license manager, I would download it, delete the old one and install that.

Also, I would remove the old one from the contents page before deleting it, otherwise youā€™ll get the missing kit notice and BFD3 will try and scan for it.

Then add the newly installed one and see if that does it.

Thatā€™s what I did.

Steve

@Steve63 Thx for the reply.

Not displayed in the current version of LM
Existing license # ā€œFails validationā€¦ā€
Confirmed the license # is indeed the same as it ever was.
Still listed on my FXpansion account, but apparently was not migrated.
Canā€™t seem to re-download from the FXpansion site, may have a copy archived somewhere.
The files are currently installed under BFD Drums/Audio/BFD2 Extras along with YSi/YS2 Snares which all work just fineā€¦

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah, I had duplicates, too. I had to make sure that I didnā€™t let BFD 3 scan folders OTHER than the BFD3 Core content and the two expansions I was given to replace my BFD 1 & 2 content. That means keeping that content in a differently rooted folder tree.

Previously, I spent time checking to see if old presets existed in the London/El Dorado expansions, as they SHOULD BE, and they DO all seem to be there. BFD1 content was changed for BFD2, and I found that I still had BOTH present in my FXpansion folder tree, and then the BFD3 & expansion stuff made it THREE copies total. That was mostly on me for not removing old content folders.

Duplicate content or presets has not been part of my complaints about BFD3. My real complaints are all over this forumā€¦

Yeah, this happened to mine, too, when I opened the license manager to download this latest version. Everything was back to being not registered. This is unacceptable behavior. Iā€™m not even a live performer; I just happen to respect the way it screws with people who are. I think computers are terrible for live performance reliability, but that doesnā€™t mean I think people should throw up their hands and say ā€œhey, letā€™s just let every company make it as bad as possibleā€.

Iā€™ve found the kick drum pedal activates the kick drum sample, but the hihat pedal does nothing.

Is this a bug? Is this just my system? Is this by design?

EDIT: This wasnt very clearā€¦ By kick drum pedal, I mean in the main graphic of the kit in BFD.

I think itā€™s by design, I mean most hi hat hits are done with sticks as in, the opening and closing of the hats using just the pedal isnā€™t actually an articulation in and of itself.

Thatā€™s my best guess anyway.

Steve

There is a pedal hihat articulation (if Im using the right word) there in the piano roll tho, and its a legit way of playing the hihat, so it seems a bit odd to have the kick pedal do something but the hihat pedal do nothing at all.

1 Like

True true, not sure itā€™s on all hats but definitely seen it on some

Steve

I wonder if its just that Iā€™ve got a kit loaded without that pedal articulation then?

I guess I need to go and check :slight_smile:

EDIT: Checked, pedal hihat is there on the piano roll, actual pedal graphic does nothing. @BFD_Drew Is this a bug I need to report or a by design decision?

I donā€™t see one on The Bosphorus Hats but do on the Paiste Signature hats.

Steve

Drummers use the pedal to use the hihat without sticks. It has its own sound.

1 Like

Perhaps it is a cockup with the mapping? Presumably you have checked.

On the kit I have open at the moment the Pedal HiHat is G#0 and is working fine. Perhaps it is mapped wrong? What kit are you using?

Edit: I have just understood what you mean the hihat pedal in the graphic does not work.

1 Like

I was just typing out an explanation, but your edit beat me to it :smiley:

Yes, the pedal graphic for the kick drum, when clicked on, activates the kick drum, whereas the hihat pedal does nothing. Its not just my system then, good to know.

@BFD_Drew Is this a thing you guys are aware of or shall I make a bug report?

Indeed, that is annoying, same here.

This is nothing new and did happen also before. Solution like you suggested.

Hi,
I already own a copy of FXpansion BFD 3 version 3.3.1.33. Do I install **BFD3.4.2.4 over this version or do I leave this version and do an install in its own folder?
Greg

Welcome to the club. 3.4 is not working at all for me.

As I understand it, the ā€œpre- migration ā€œ BFD 3.3 and version 3.4 are unrelated. But I really donā€™t understand much.

My BFD 3.3 works fine. But my 3.4 license manager does not launch. I have tried everything I can think of and everything recommended here, and nothing. No actual support or information from BFD directly.

However, Iā€™m getting some strange pop ups in pro Tools that suggest BFD 3.4 is somehow interacting with 3.3. I imagine itā€™s because I have downloaded ā€œ the London Sessions and Oblivion ā€œ post migration.

I know this wonā€™t help you, but Iā€™m venting. Thanks for listening

2 Likes

All my audio is on a separate drive (D drive, called BF :slight_smile: ), so that shouldnt be the issue.

Shouldnt and isnt are two completely different things tho, obviously.

I hope this gets resolved for you soon.

1 Like