BFD3.4.2.4 Released

My Funny Story (UPDATE)…
Here’s what I learned today which might help some of you long time users.
If you have both BFD1 and 2 content as well as the replacement Eldorado and London:
Don’t Let BFD auto scan for content. It will find both and load them both creating redundant kits, but without some of the icons.
-Today I went through the computer and removed all files related to BFD and Fxpansion. (stored them in a safe folder)
-I then RE-installed 3.4.2 which now becomes a fresh install. No content, no prefs. etc

• I could then manually direct it to scan each expansion pack - One at a time.
  • All factory drum kits, presets, and drum libraries displayed proper icons and content. (nice and neat)
  • Next I chose the Import Presets to navigate back to my ‘Safe Folder’ and loaded in my user preset kits which BFD instructs me that it needs to convert them and store them in the new BFD preset folder. (easy and straight forward- perhaps they could simply have been dragged in - not sure)
  • tested it out, and everything seems to work perfectly in Stand Alone - Logic - and Protools.
  • I then turned off the WIFI - Shut down the computer - restarted, and with the WIFI still off, Loaded up a Logic session and everything worked as promised. ( I will ck again tomorrow to see if it holds)
  • I now suspect that many of the problems that people are running into might be because of old files, content, improper installations over these many years have created conflicts which BFD has a hard time resolving (reminds me of HAL from 2001:ASO )
  • If you do this, my suggestion would be to make screen shots of your BFD prefs pages.
    So for now it seems I am up and running on 3.4.2 with no apparent problems.
    If it remains that way then MANY THANKS TO DREW AND THE TEAM.

Stay tuned…

Strange thing just happened on my desktop, I opened BFD3 and got the, BFD3 disabled because of unauthorised content (or whatever it was) so I opened the licence manager and all my kits had to be reauthorised.

No problem reauthorising them as my DAW is on line but would not have been fun if like many BFD3 users here, my desktop was off line.

No idea what caused it as it was fine last time I ran BFD3 3 or 4 days ago.
Thought maybe I’d ran ccleaner so I ran that again but if it had been the cause the first tmie, it wasn’t it this time.

The laptop seems fine though. :thinking:

Steve

4 Likes

This happened to me too a couple of days back. For no reason everything had become unauthorised. The authorisation stuff is still a bit flakey obviously. Still not safe to be used in a gig scenario where Internet access might be unavailable.

3 Likes

20 characters of this needs resolving.

It happened to me just after I un registered stuff from my fxpansion manager. After I re started bfd licence manager all content was registered/Authorised again.

Neil

It’s odd that it happened on my desktop but not my laptop but maybe that’s to come.

Steve

Eh? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :confused:

Steve

I’m saying this needs resolving for live use. Arranging some live work and suddenly being locked out of BFD would suck. But I couldnt post that unless I used 20 characters or more due to posting restrictions…

1 Like

Haha :slight_smile: A bit more random confusion is welcome. This is the madhouse after all, where they tell you nothing important and nothing quite works properly

Are you sure?

My reply to your comment only has 8 characters, 10 if you include emojis.

Steve

Yes, I’m sure. Your post has a quote in it providing extra characters.

I see

:roll_eyes: :hot_face: :face_vomiting: :crazy_face: :kissing_heart:

Steve

1 Like

Still no Manu Katche bonus snare here in case that was supposed to be fixed. It showed up in my library list after I updated to 3.4.2.4. When I tried to select the drum I got a dialogue message stating that it was being removed from my library because the license is no longer valid.

I couldn’t find it so I re-downloaded it and discovered it was there all the time.
It’s called Snare Katche Stick On.

Steve

Hello everyone, my BFD3.4.2.4 displays detailed information and the pictures overlap. Is this a mistake? The overall GUI on the Mac Retina screen is also blurry

Yes, happening here too, definitely a bug but probably not top of the list to be fixed unless it’s a really simple fix.

Steve

BFD unregistered itself again.

Had to launch the LM, and log in to the website.

1 Like

Be good if @BFD-Drew could comment on this because it’s happened to a few of us now. Is it a bug or is something triggering the de-authorisation?

Can anyone help me?
Maybe because I have put all BFD audio to another SSD other than C drive?

My LM3.0.3.1 doesn’t respond whenever I launch it.
This means I cannot get BFD 3.4.2.4 at all.

@Steve63 have you tried to load and use it? It appears in the browser after rescanning the content location, but displays an "alert’ when selected;

"Previous licenses for some Drums could not be found. They will now be removed from the browser.

They can be re-enabled in the Content locations panel when correctly licensed."