BFD3.4.2.4 Released

I didn’t uninstall 3.3 but installed 3.4. It will take precedence. However do follow the instructions carefully. Have you checked that your version of License Manager is indeed 3.0.3.1. Help>About BFD License Manager. If you don’t shut down the old License manager the new one won’t be installed and BD3.4 will not work and neither will the LM. (Instructions 5&6). I had the same issue when first trying to install.

1. Once downloaded click the magnifying glass to open the download location in Explorer or Finder.
  2. Close BFD License Manager, and start the installer for BFD3.4.2.4.
1 Like

BFD3 disabled has happened to me twice in two days. I thought the first was somehow due to a Pro Tools update I did, but then it happened again the next day opening a session. I believe my track with BFD3 on it was inactive and when I activated the track, BFD3 was disabled.

Had to sign in to inMusic via web browser and re-authorize my content in LM. Is this a feature, or bug?

I think I may go back to the previous release, as it was less wonky for me.

1 Like

I just had this yesterday. I had 8 days of not having to re-register everything. Then yesterday, 3 days after previously having to re-register everything, BFD was disabled again. I ran the license manager to see if that would help, and yep, everything needed re-licensing again.

This isnt a feature, its a complete inconvenience and if I was doing a random set in the wilderness, which is in my plans for the future, this would have completely destroyed any chance of using BFD.

Hopefully, another update is coming very soon.

1 Like

Yeah, I was just being cheeky, calling it a “feature”.

2 Likes

I’m not good at recognising sarcasm :smiley:

Nor am I good at delivering it. :wink:

2 Likes

So I’ve tried messaging Drew with my serial numbers for BFD (1) and (2) and had no reply yet I’ve now got BFD 3 back to 3.3.1.33 but still they dont show so should I change the License manager to an earlier version. Mine is 3.0 1.3 I have a copy of 2.0.15.0.
Thanks Roy

Yes I would definitely change the LM if you have it.
I’m guessing it will try to log into fxpansion rather than BFD-Drums so it’s worth a try.

Steve

Thanks Steve.I’ll try that when I get back to My computer.

You can always use the /s tag :wink:

This is true. For some reason, I tend to only do that on Reddit.

Hi. I’ve been trying to get support for some time (weeks actually) but just as I think I’m getting somewhere, everything goes quiet. I have over 40 libraries with many not showing up. Also many presets are not showing. I cannot register some products and am feeling quite dejected by the situation.
Don’t know what to do next.
Hoping someone takes some time to reply and help!

Which libraries aren’t working? There are some licenses that need to be reissued by BFD. Did you perform the migration steps to have the licenses moved to your inMusic account?

Also, what platform? Mac or PC?

Hi.
Thanks for getting back to me.

I guess to start with, I followed the migration process to the best of my knowledge.
I’m using Mac / Big Sur / M1

Here’s what isn’t registered.

BFD 2 Core Library
Manu Snare
Yamaha Cases
Zildjian Library

I’m really after the BFD2 and Zildjian libraries.
I gave Drew my licence numbers a couple of weeks ago but I haven’t heard back.

Also when clicking “Libraries” in the Presets or Kits menu, I only see limited selection options.
I have however been able to find individual kit parts under the Drums option. Maybe some libraries are working after all.
However, many presets seems to be missing. I don’t know how I’d pinpoint exactly what’s not there, but the list just looks much shorter than I remember.

Also, I’d like to know what will happen to the synth plugins like Strobe2, DCAM Synth Squad, Cypher and Tremor as I own these too.

Regards,
Scott / Orphy

I see you have already messaged @BFD_Drew for the BFD2 serials.

I uploaded the Yamaha cases for someone else here who said they worked so hopefully they’ll work for you too.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for that.

I did email codes to Drew but never heard back. This was on the KVR forum a week or so back.

Scott

I would maybe email him from this address if you can, just as a reminder.
I know he’s a very busy man.

Steve

Actually I didn’t email him codes, but rather pm’ed him my codes. I did follow that up with another pm on the kvr forums, but he hasn’t replied.

I’m not sure how to contact him directly otherwise.

Yeah sorry peeps. I’m juggling a lot of plates right now. I’ll get some codes out to people waiting today.

3 Likes

Any timeline on the next update ?