BFD3.4.0.24 - Bug Reports

Yes, for me it’s doing it with factory presets and it’s not just the metal and wooden snares.

I tried loading snares from the horespower expansion and got the same thing.
Also does it with the BFD Crush snares.

The Virtually Erskine gives me 2 bottom mic channels and no top so swings and roundabouts huh? :wink:

It doesn’t seem to be 100% repeatable here.

I just loaded a BFD3 preset (60s pop 126bpm PG) then loaded the Horse-Power snares (no bottom mic channel) and then went to the metal snare and bottom channels did show up this time.

I might try and make a video at some point but got a lot on at the moment.

Steve

As Steve mentioned, I also tried different factory presets. And an additional sn instrument only produce 2 channels.

The migration was a complete shambles for me, and the new version is unfit for purpose. This is on a Mac (Catalina); continuously crashing, not finding libraries and more. And I consider myself fairly experienced.

Thankfully, I have managed to reinstall the previous version thanks to another poster uploading it, and all is back to normal.

‘The BFD migration takes less than a minute,’ said the e-mail. I’ve wasted a few hours so far and don’t recommend it.

1 Like

Chinese login issues
My Chinese friends can’t access new server successfully!

• Steps to Reproduce:
    Start up BFD3. This happens every time I run BFD3

• Expected Result:
    To run without any messages.and have all of my stuff scanned.

• Actual Result: & Steps To reproduce

Every time I start BFD3 in either Reaper or as standalone it comes up with a pop up window saying:

"Do you want to copy your BFD3 settings and presets from FXpansion into DFD Drums folders now? We recommend doing this as soon as possible for a smooth transition. If you cancel, BFD will defer the migration until you are ready. You can trigger the migration later in Preferences Panel/Data/Migration

Press OK to migrate now, or CANCEL to defer."

I press OK.

Then the next message comes up: “There was a problem copying your BFD factory system settings files.”

Then I press OK.

The program hangs for a few seconds and then 2 windows pop up. The back window is the BFD3 Content Locations. No boxes are checked.

The top windows says: “Your new BFD3 content is now setup and ready to use”

I press OK and the program works normal.

In the first step If I press CANCEL instead then I get the message:" You can always migrate later using the preferences panel"

Then the program still works as normal after that. In the standalone I don’t get the additional Metal Snares that I added.

I have to go and re scan to get the Metal Snares pack I added.

• Reproducibility:
    Happens every time I open BFD3 in stand alone or in Reaper DAW.

• Additional Notes:
    Windows 10 Home edition.Version 2004. 64bit

I get basically the same issue.

I did these exact steps and it still doesn’t work for me. Still get the pop up messages.

But I did the regedit thing that you posted and that fixed my issue perfectly. Thank you Drew! I only had to change the status of fxp2inm_migration to migrate.

Hi.
I cant open BFD in standalone or within Protools, it just wants to run licence manager. Its been like this since i migrated a week ago. Would really like to get BFD up and running again. Im on Mac, Mojave and Protools Ultimate 2021.3.0

1 Like

Heya. Are you definitely running 3.4.0.24, you didn’t roll back to 3.3 did you??

Hey Drew.

Im still on 3.4.0.24

BFD 3.4 won’t recognize non-ANSI(?) characters. I have a favorite that won’t load upon launch, and all Groove Palettes and Grooves with non-ANSI characters don’t load. 3.3 was ok in this regard.

• Same issue with the constant nag to import BFD3 content. I didn’t HAVE BFD3 content until I bought BFD 3.4 during this migration. Side note: my content is on a different volume from the default configuration. I generally don’t customize things, because that’s where testing fails in the QA process, but I needed to do it this way due to storage constraints.

also:

• Sorting content by name (like grooves) does not handle numbers correctly. It’s doing individual character comparisons, not a comparison of full numbers. 11 should come after 10, etc…

Mac OS 10.13.6

There are repetitious nags for the user’s OS password on Mac OS when loading BFD3.4. It does not seem to care when the “always allow” button is chosen, as it keeps nagging. This happened in standalone but seemed to stop(?). Then it happened again, with even more repetitions, when starting Logic X (scanning plugins seemed to trigger it). No other plugin has done this to me.

Note: My BFD content is installed on another volume, for whatever that’s worth. The standalone application and license manager applications are also not located in the default folder (I’m desperately trying to organize my Applications folder and slowly losing the battle).

[goes to check things]

Oh… look at that: there’s a new copy of BFD License Manager in my Applications folder where I never put it. THIS is a PROBLEM. If I move a program, DON’T engage in some kind of warfare against my own system management!

Mac OS 10.13.6

EDIT: If you need to trigger the start of the license manager and don’t know the path, instead of forcing a new copy where I don’t want it, USE SPOTLIGHT to FIND it. It’s in the API.

This is a neverending battle with me, not specific to BFD. I basically gave up on organizing Applications itself. I’ll never win that battle. Too many programs don’t want to cooperate.

I dealt with it by creating a new subdirectories in Applications, where I put aliases to specific apps. I then put those subdirectories in the docker bar. So, there’s one for recording applications and one for photography apps. I have a further subdirectory to recording applications just for aliases to recording application license tools and downloaders.

I should probably make another one for productivity apps by now, and another for developer apps. It’s a headache.

1 Like

This whole thing was never an issue with Mac OS. What started this damned trend? Unlike Windows, applications are usually self-contained packages (folders), and can be run from anywhere. So WHY are we being forced to have a monolithic mess of an Applications folder?

It’s like allowing us control over this would mean the Launchpad was just a pointless feature addition to satisfy corporate desire to make Mac OS more like iOS… which IT TOTALLY IS, especially when Launchpad is inundated with usability BUGS.

I haven’t seen here, so here it is:

• Open BFD3 (standalone or plugin)
  • Click the panic button (with exclamation mark, at the top of the GUI)
  • Expected: panic performed
  • Actual: crash to desktop of BFD3 standalone or DAW (REAPER in my case)
    Happens every time

Windows 10 Pro x64, REAPER 6.28 x64.
BFD3.4.0.24.

1 Like

Tested. Same specs.

Confirming.

1 Like

Confirmed here too, it just disappears.

Steve

[post edited for clarity]

@BFD_Drew

BFD3.4 images for kit pieces and keymaps get mixed up in Logic:

Re-opening the UI does not solve this. Removing BFD3.4 from the project track and adding it back doesn’t solve this. Closing Logic and restarting it and loading the project fixes the image problems, but then the sounds are wrong.

The ambient mic bussing is set wrong on load of presets/projects (ie: Snare “Room” send was going to "OH’, instead of “Room”). This seemed to be the primary difference in the sound of a snare being wrong on one project… However, while editing another project, BFD3.4 changed something else upon reloading the project file, with the same sounding effect, but these controls seem not to have any impact on the sound any more. EDIT: Possibly the levels for the Ambient Mic busses are wrong. I’m comparing them and they’re all wrong in BFD3.4, compared to BFD2.

Also the panning was flipped, and I found a Gain FX value off, too.

Logic 10.4.8, High Sierra 10.13.6

I have never had crashing problems with Logic before but I am now.

I went back to BFD 3.3 to be able to work offline. Has this been fixed? I don’t dare update to 3.4.0.24 unless I know it will work offline. It took me so long to get 3.3 back as the 3.4 update fritzed my old version.