Apple M1 support

What do you mean, no end in sight?

They’ve just released the update so that surely is ‘the end’?

Steve

Ok, so I might be off the mark here, but I seem to be up to date, according the licence manager. BFD runs stand-alone, but not properly within my DAW where I need it. Contents Locations don’t scan. Also, my libraries are quite messed up and much of the content is missing. It is quite a new install so I don’t see that being an issue, though it could be. I basically check in every now and then to see what progress has been made beyond testing. So… I’ve been out of action with BFD since it was taken over.
I am running an M1 Max and use Ableton and Logic.

1 Like

Okay, I’m an idiot, there was a new update put out last week but it’s for beta testers.
By all accounts it’s working well but I’m a windows user so can’t say any more and shouldn’t have mentioned it any way.
My bad.

I would hope for yours, and all M1 users it will go public soon.

Have you tried to reach support about Ableton and the locations not scanning and have you checked to make sure you’re running the no9st up to fate versions?

You’ll need to download the licence manager here (BFD Downloads) and then download the most recent BFD3.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. Your reply is appreciated. I should have included more info in my ‘rant’. And it’s not so much a rant any more. It’s more of a resignation of hope. It’s quite laughable really.

2 Likes

What the status of this, anyone know?

1 Like

Beta is currently being beta’d

Can the Beta version be downloaded?

@Ludwig You can try to send a PM to @BFD_Drew and ask for it.

Thank you I will do that!

@BFD_Drew Hi Drew, is there a way for me to download the beta version of BFD3 for Apple M1?

Thank you for your help. This is my first post.
Sorry if my english is not good enough.

I finally found that getting BFD3 to run in Logic on M1Mac works by running BFD as a VST plugin within KOMPLETE KONTROL. I think this is a relatively easy alternative method.
The para out is a stereo 16-channel output, but I’m using Logic’s built-in “Gain” plug-in to make some tracks mono.
It’s an informal use and makeshift, but I hope it will be helpful to anyone who wants to get it working in the M1 chip environment right now.
(It’s working fine so far, but if you know of any problems with this way, please let me know.)

I love BFD, it’s a great tool.
I will wait this way until the next version is officially released.
I know the development is a lot of hard work, but I support you from Japan!

1 Like

Hello Drew,

would it still be possible to get a Beta for testing on M1?

Kind regards
Elia

1 Like

Shocked no news I can’t believe that this developer is just mixing his salary and not doing anything. It’s beyond the limit. I really think everyone is so polite. The rights and interests of consumers are left here. Shirking responsibility and delaying time are your forte, and everyone can see it. Maybe you don’t care about our life and death at all, if you cheat our hard-earned money into your hands, it will be an ending, and you will maintain everything in the later stage. I have already seen your faces clearly. The problem with the m1 AU plug-in has been going on for several years. You solve the problem every year. Is this efficiency really good? Everyone complained very politely, but I don’t think that’s enough, I thought I was also very polite before, it seems that you take this kind of politeness as an attitude that can be ignored. Being polite doesn’t do you any favors, and neither does being rude, but I want to do it differently because I don’t think it’s worth being polite anymore

Hi all, I applied via the form they had up for a while but never got a response. I’ve been waiting for 2 years (!) to get BFD running again. I have completely moved over to other drum plugins but still have old files I want to open every now and then. When and where can I get this beta update? Can someone send me theirs?

EDIT: @BFD_Drew can you send me a link via this forum?

Hi, I bought BFD3 during Black Friday 2022 but haven’t really been able to use it yet since the M1 Rosetta version is very slow.

I signed up for the beta several months ago but haven’t heard anything back. @BFD_Drew would it be possible to send me a download link for the beta?

Thank you and kind regards.

PM’s responded to. Anyone who wants the M1 build, let me know via PM and I’ll sort you out.

4 Likes

Good day Andrew, I can’t seem to find how one sends a PM to you. Could you please help me out?

hi, someone has kindly posted the details here:

https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/how-to-private-message-in-this-forum/685/2

2 Likes

Hello, thank you kindly.

Thank you Drew for sending me the M1 build. It works great and I love having BFD 3 back and running.

1 Like