Apple M1 support

Hi, it looks like the beta is going well for most.
Is there an official release date in sight by now?

I don’t really feel like running a beta on my main computer. But I really want to get back to using BFD properly.

Hey Drew,

I’ve PM’d you, could I please get a copy of the M1 Build?

1 Like

Is anyone able to use BFD3 with Pro Tools Silicon, NOT Rosetta?

1 Like

And me as well please. BFD user since it was introduced. Sure would like to use on my M1.

Hi Drew, would you send me Bfd 3 M1 version to me please?

I would also love the beta please. I have filled out the beta tester form at least 3 times with nothing as a result.

M3 is about to be born, bfd3 can’t support apple sillicon yet, it’s really helpless,,

See my response to your other post

Steve

The stable version is out, the wait is over !

1 Like

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but the newest version isn’t stable on my M1 with Logic or Standalone. In Logic BFD3 crashes often and the Standalone won’t open at all. I’m just hoping the next update smooths out these problems….

Been waiting cautiously before installing the new update. Will still likely wait until I do a completely new OS=install, next month. But I thought I’d come to check if all the dust has settles and we have a working M1 version. Definitely a bit saddened to see your experience, Grant. More so because your post seems to have gone unaddressed.

Can anyone confirm what to expect i.e known issues vs stability?

Thanks

Hey @GrantBordan

Please see this post. If you think your issue is something different to the issues mentioned there, please don’t hesitate to raise a bug report and contact support.

Thanks,
Joe

1 Like

Thanks! I had two audio interfaces that I couldn’t run at the same time in stand alone.