Apple M1 support

Are there any plans to add native support for the Apple M1 processor?

Regards
Peter

Heya,
Yes it’s coming within the next few months.

4 Likes

Thanks Drew, that’s great to hear.

Yes, great to hear :slight_smile:

On my M1, the standalone is actually working fine. Seems the Rosetta translation is o.k. The AU plug-in opens in Logic, but doesn’t load kit pieces etc. (it says “searching”). Also, the record button seems to be stuck. So in short, standalone is o.k., plug in not (yet). However, I am not fully sure whether the plugin issue is M1 related or has something to do with the issues other users are facing with the plugin. Will probably do some more experimenting with this. In any case, this means that BFD isn’t fully ‘gone’ for M1 users, and that it may work on Apple Silicon systems even now - at least as standalone.

@TQUnderground. Maybe you already know. But the AU plugin works just fine with Logic if you run the DAW in Rosetta mode.

Peter

Hi Peter, yes, I know, but the Rosetta Logic is no option for me, as most of my other stuff runs in the native Logic very well… TQ

Excellent news, thinking about upgrading to new Mac.

Hey it’s been a few month already… what’s up with M1 support ? :wink:

1 Like

More than a few! :slight_smile:

Where is BFD ARM? :slight_smile:

@BFD_Drew

It’s in progress. We’ve hit some speed bumps with the auth system and we’re focusing on tweaks there, as well as general stability with the BFD3 build.

BFD3.4.4.x build coming soon. M1 support next year at this rate, sorry!

1 Like

That’s unfortunate…. But bad news really beats no news. And I am aware that it can be painful to announce delays to customers so : thank you

The auth really is a priority (it did drive me a bit nuts) and I actually planned on selling my licence with no M1 support in sight…

but knowing that, I will hang to it a little longer :slight_smile:

There is a lot of waiting for M1 support among creatives (looking at you, iZotope!). But nice to know it’s coming!