Apple M1 support

also on Logic, confirmed

How do I private message you?

Any updates on M1 audio unit progress?

3 Likes

Let me tell you a joke, Apple sillcon is still not supported after a year, and the discount this year is terrible. I bought it for 2000RMB, and it was only about 300 RMB after the discount. It feels like they are going to harvest the last wave, then release new products, and harvest another wave

The only thing fat about me is the kick drum sound I get from BFD3 :smile:

No need to be sorry, just remember how much everyone loves you and BFD3 Rules

Hi Drew, I would love a link that you offered to the beta build for M1 to give it a try. Thanks!

1 Like

I would love to have a beta as well.

Could I also get a copy of the VST3 M1 native beta? Just bought it without checking beforehand.

@BFD_Drew Please message me a beta invite

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

@BFD_Drew I would love to try the new beta so please send me an invite.

Ok I signed up for the beta thanks

I will ask too :pray:t2: @BFD_Drew

Wow disappointing to see this is still open. After years using BFD exclusively and thousands of dollars sunk into FXpansion I have now fully migrated away and just accepted the cutting of my losses with the various sample packs I collected over the years. The extended Apple Silicon support delay alone would have been painful enough, but we already got stung with a similar situation a decade ago with the very inconvenient and pricey upgrade of old projects from BFD2 to BFD3. To add massive insult to injury I haven’t even been able to give other people my unusable sample libraries which have sat gathering dust in the meantime because of the hundreds of dollars I would have to pay in “transfer fees” I mean come on guys, really?. Serious question, how can any of us have the faith to invest more more time and money in FXPansion and BFD after all this and knowing we will likely just have the same issues again when BFD4 comes around?

3 Likes

I think it got cleared up that it’s just a flat $50 fee to transfer all your products at once? I think that’s assuming they’re going to one person.

I think it got cleared up that it’s just a flat $50 fee to transfer all your products at once? I think that’s assuming they’re going to one person.
[/quote]

Thank you, that’s useful to know. Doesn’t help me in my situation right, now but knowing could be very helpful in the future.

Yeah, with the sales right now, you’re not going to unload anything. Maybe after the new year? You can try searching, License transfer fee on here and you might find the post that was talking about it.

Yeah I’m not in a major rush as stopped using these packs years ago, it’s just one of several annoyances. Ideally we would just get an Apple silicon update to the FXpansion software we paid all that money for and for which Apple has had developer releases available for well over 2 years now.

1 Like

The fact that they are still updating a 9 year old product for free, is actually pretty good on their part. A few devs out there like McDSP are actually charging for an M1 update and others like Avid still do not have native apple silicon support.

2 Likes