Apple M1 support

ahem… < insert get out of jail free card here >

1 Like

:rofl:

When VST3 comes out, we’ll be flooding the forum with Rocky clips. “Andreooouuuwwww…” “Andreeeeoooouuwww…”

1 Like

Hiya Drew! Now that I can run BFD3 on my M1 machines, I’m looking forward to perhaps actually contributing something to this process. For now, my massive library (almost everything FXP ever made) loaded just fine, and seems to be working great in native mode. That ain’t “beta testing,” but just thought I’d share my auspicious start. :slight_smile:

I hate to ask this, since the long-awaited M1 build just appeared, but do you have any predictions about when the plugin versions will be added? I’m a Logic developer/user, and I’m looking forward to hacking away on BFD in that DAW.

Congrats on this big-deal release!

Whoopsie! I realized after reading other testers’ posts that this build was intended to load the plugin versions. Sorry! The installer DID load the AU plugin, but it doesn’t appear in Logic. But I’ll cover that in a proper bug report.

Unless I missed something, it’s been a bit quiet here for almost a month. Any news on a native M1 release for the non-beta crowd? It’s my last (important) piece of software that’s waiting to be updated. Any info/timeline would be helpful - thanks!

I thought it had been released but it’s definitely being tested by the beta team as I type.

Steve

Thanks, Steve . . . it seems that the beta team has been testing for a few weeks and nothing new has been reported since. According the BFD website, M1 native is still not officially supported, and I’m trying not to run anything in Rosetta since everything else seems to be working well (using DP as my my main DAW). I’m itching to get some drum tracks going ASAP . . .

I’m surprised it hasn’t gone public yet.
I’m a windows user so haven’t really been paying attention to any M1 related bugs with the new release but I haven’t seen much action on the beta forum lately so I wouldn’t be surprised if it dropped this week or next.

Steve

It hasn’t gone public yet because the audiounit is completely broken right now. We’re working on a fix but it is taking some time. Cheers!

8 Likes

Is there any more news on AudioUnit progress for m1?

6 Likes

同样的问题The same questionThe same questionThe same questionThe same question

No updates for a while on M1, very concerned. I’d love to get on with making music rather than trying work arounds and moving everything back to old mac. Every single other plugin now works on my new machine except BFD3.

It’s such a great sounding platform (despite the various glitches with authorising and bugs etc). I fear with all the issues and now ‘radio silence’ on here that things aren’t looking good! Please tell us otherwise as still remaining hopeful!

The silence is deafening. I…like many people am up and running with all my softwares working M1 compatible except of course BFD. At some point it’s time to move on.

1 Like

Radio silence == hard at work.

M1 is coming. Just don’t know when. We have a beta build that gives M1 support for everything except the audiounit. If you want it, throw me a PM.

8 Likes

Thanks for the message breaking the radio silence. I’m repeating myself here, but I’ve seen sooooooooo many companies sinking into the no-communication zone with everyone getting increasingly pissed, that I think we should emphasise the importance of these tiny updates.

2 Likes

They’re not tiny updates. Due to technical debt and required codebase upgrades, these are pretty big architectural changes for us, and we don’t have the luxury of just working solely on BFD3.4.5 at the moment, which is why it is taking so long.

2 Likes

By tiny updates I meant you giving us small bits of informations about the ongoing work. I wasn’t talking about the “BFD update”. Sorry for the confusion

3 Likes

Pretty frustrated here, too, with BFDs slow support for Apple Silicon. I have recently discovered, however, that BFD VST will run inside of NI’s Komplete Kontrol, at least on Digital Performer 11. This is a workable temporary solution. If you have KK, you might want to give it a try.

1 Like

Yeah, I use various plug-in containers… but I find most of them unstable

1 Like

I don’t have PM permission yet but I’d love a beta build, thank you!!

1 Like