Apple M1 support

Thank, didn’t see that post. I just applied for being part of the beta team. Fingers crossed :wink:

I’m hoping M1 support is soon!! I’m having withdrawals from BFD…

1 Like

Yes, all my third-party plug-ins and virtual instruments are natively supported, only bfd3 is not

Dev sent a screenshot tail end of last week, showing BFD3 running natively on an M1 machine. Still got some fat binary development work to finish off, and to implement some 3rd party DSP effects that we licensed for BFD3, which we want to continue to support.

11 Likes

Thanks again for the flawless customer updates.

That’s top of the shelf communication

It’s good to hear progress is being made…

Please add Retina/HiDPI graphics support for BFD3.

Thanks.

That isn’t on the cards for BFD3 I’m afraid.

Currently running an internal M1 build here. Shouldn’t be too much longer before it hits the beta team, and then usually 1-2 weeks after that, we make it public (assuming no showstoppers are thrown up!)

7 Likes

Yay, thanks for these news. I’m so looking forward to it …

I’m excited! It’s great to hear

Fingers crossed, the beta folks will get the M1 build this coming week. touch wood

8 Likes

Will this beta be for Mac users only or will there be changes pertinent to PC users as well?

A few bug fixes I would expect. Need to double check that tomorrow.

1 Like

Great news Drew. This is of the last I’m looking forward to working nativity on M series

It might help : A Collection of Premium Wood-Shell Snares Expansion Pack for BFD3| BFD

M1 hitting beta tomorrow. fingers crossed

5 Likes

Awesome!! It’s xmas in august!

1 Like

M1 just hit testers. If anyone wants to be extremely cutting edge and do their best VSTi impression of Stallone in Cliffhanger, PM me and I’ll send you the build to test too.

3 Likes

I get that you’re just messing about, whilst also erring on the side of caution, in the event that it falls apart, but you should sound more confident with these build releases. Something like…

“Hey guys, This M1 build is gonna knock your socks off. The devs worked their asses off, did a super job and it’s a huge step forward for the future of BFD3. I’m so proud of the team and excited for you guys to finally be able to use BFD3 natively on M1 Macs!”.

:laughing:

2 Likes