What have you made with BFD?

Hi, most of my track use BFD. This track uses Evil drums (warning it’s in danish :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Sounds killer man… very emotional stuff. Love the chorus, it really opens up. Did you play all the instruments, including the drums?

Thanks a lot Fender_Bender I sing and played alle the instruments myself, except the drums are from GrooveMonkee and partly programmed (by myself). I think your tune is really great too. Great song. Love that vibe, and the drum sound is amazing.

1 Like

That was really well produced. I don’t understand the words, but I like it! :+1:

1 Like

Just released this, I wrote & recorded it during lockdown in 2020. Drafted in my friends Stefan on bass & David on lead guitars, they’re such great players.
The video also doubles up as a “how to” on the art of developing dad dancing moves as you hurtle towards 50. :laughing:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Lee, really appreciated. Also great track and great moves from your side🕺. A really funky vibe!

1 Like

I’m about to have made a loss of around £600 as this software needs the internet to function.

BUYER BEWARE

1 Like

That sounds really good, well done :+1:t2:

1 Like

Wow man so much talent on this thread, great work on the drums, BFD RULES :metal:t2:

1 Like

I used BFD3 on this EP:

3 Likes

This is absolutely fantastic. Great stuff.

Thanks for checking it out :slight_smile:

Trippin video bro, crazy sounds, which kit did you use on this one? Really enjoying The Ear of Dr Yes too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah thanks, appreciated.

Ooooh, now thats a great question, I have a tendency to load up kits or pieces and not really pay attention :smiley: Its often any kit with brushes tho. I LOVE BFD’s brushes. I honestly have no idea what kit it is! :smiley:

Listening back to it now, its definitely brushes on that snare, and I suspect brushes on the whole kit. It’ll be maybe a jazz n funk kit, or jazz noir? Hang on, BFD3 stock sounds have brushes too.

I dont know! :smiley: Something something something brushes something something. The rest is all hardware tho, BFD was the only software instrument used, the only software instrument I ever use tbh. Reaper just for recording, mastering and the video edit.

1 Like

Sounds great, yes I am also that way mostly, only BFD on my tracks as vst, now and then there’s a bit of a synth somewhere here or there.

The last time I recorded professionally with a full analogue system was in 1986.
Since then , with the move to digital recording - everything sounds like synth to me!

Even acoustic guitars recorded direct to tape using a Neve desk and Neumann mics. The second it goes on You-tube - it’s Synth.

1 Like

1991 for me. Now everyone is a ‘studio’ LOL

2 Likes

Im going ‘backwards’. Last five years has seen me save and spend every penny on mostly analogue gear, nearly all really small companies with incredible customer service, instant exchanges of faulty goods without having to jump thru hoops, with drop offs of a new item and picks ups of the old.

Even the open source company I bought from did that. Open source, friendly, instant help with issues, instant send of a replacement product for a very slightly faulty one sight unseen on their behalf. Its been amazing.

I even got a great deal on a TEAC 70’s reel to reel 4 track, all recently serviced with mods from later models.

Not a single bit of firmware needs updating on anything I bought, it all just works. Not a single manufacturer has come round every 3 months and held any product hostage. Its amazing.

Haha, yes. Just a phone can be a ‘studio’ :slight_smile: There is so much choice out there today.

2 Likes

I think that’s part of the problem hahaha. Like most things in life nowadays, too much of everything.

1 Like

Definitely, thats also a thing about the hardware I chose. Things where I can embrace the limitations and not just having everything in front of me on a screen, always available and giving me a brain melt :slight_smile:

1 Like