What have you made with BFD?

My Performance guitars are all 1987.
Main Amps are 1994. (I also have a modern Sheriff 44 with 1960’s Mullards in it)
Speaker simulators are 1984.
Compressors are 1986.
That is my ‘core’ sound.
All my live ambient rack-gear is pre-1994 , with 1982 digital-delays and 1984 Rane mixers. I use an Alex reverb , which was the last of the true audio-friendly 16-bit units. All on stereo-mixer send-returns , using gold relays for switching.
My Tannoys are 1994.
The Bryston SST amp is 2006.

All cables , power-distribution boxes , and connectors are modern however. Almost all of that is silver-coated and shielded. Some of it silver/copper composite cores. Silver fuses!

Now , direct to the power-amp from my Joe Meek VC1 , or stereo VC2 - sounds bloody incredible. But I never do it like that. Instead it goes through a little box with two Burr-Brown ADC chips that probably cost £10 each. To me , it’s game-over after that.
But hey - never mind that. Look at the pretty screen!

2 Likes

Speaking screens - how do I post video clips?

Just the Youtube link should do it, just paste in the reply window and let it load it, then post.

1 Like

I made this piece of music using only BFD3, the onboard effects and the Black Album Expansion pack. DAW was Cubase 12 Pro.

3 Likes

Thats great. Can I remix it please, or just sample it? I’ll give you a full credits if I make anything with it :slight_smile:

Yeah go ahead and sample it if you like :blush:

Done. You are now part of my Mick Smiley’s Magic remix.

The initial demo has been described as Ballroom New Order. Positively or negatively, I dont know, or care :slight_smile: I like the description.

Tracks that I’m A/B-ing with it include Eno’s Seedpods, Ministry’s So What and Thieves, and a Don Caballero track with a name too long to type.

1 Like

haha cool I look forward to hearing it!

Thats a terrible idea! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s badass man and it has more groove than Lars.

2 Likes

My fridge’s gurgling has more groove than Lars :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He’s ahhight. He did come up with some cool stuff… back in the day, but he’s such an ass that I can’t help myself.

3 Likes

The joke was low hanging fruit, for sure :slight_smile:

I was a real Metallica fan up until the Black album when James decided crooning was a good choice :slight_smile: Strange band really. The Some Kind of Monster documentary is one of the funniest films, just pure Spinal Tap all the way.

The album with Lou Reed is just the most hilarious true experimental thing, but also horrible to listen to :slight_smile:

1 Like

This track is BFD triggered from a 2Box Drumit 5 kit. My son and I produced/engineered this track.

3 Likes

Well, it’s been a long time (months) since anyone has posted anything in this section so here it goes. Here is a song that was composed by myself but I ended up playing drums on it. A friend of mine put lyrics to it and the band fruited the song out. We recorded it back in 2014 when I used the stock TD20 drum sounds to record it. We recorded about 10 songs and thought we lost the recordings but ended up finding the recordings recently on a missing hard drive and using Studio One and I ended up re-recording the drums using BFD! Huge improvement!! BTW None of this programed, it was all played by myself using my Roland TD-20 Kit.

Like to get your opinions about the drum sounds and mix. I’ll be happy to tell you what I used on this recording if you are interested.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, solid drums there and a good mix too, nice live vibey sound. Well done. The drum sound is great! What kit did you use for the sounds?

Thanks! Very appreciated. I remixed the entire mix from the logic pro files from the 2014 sessions.

Well, it’s a custom kit that I put together. Mainly I used the Yamaha Oak and Maple packs for the Kicks and the Toms, the Zildjian Pack for of course the cymbals, and a Ludwig Snare out of the London Sessions Pack.

3 Likes

You have a talent. Please, keep it up. Who knows, maybe you will sell your music via spotify or some developers in gaming sphere will use your music?)

/sending hugs/

Thank you very much! We really plan on making an album in the near future.

1 Like

Are you going to share a link with us? I would like to listen to it :3