Version: BFD 3.4.2 build 4
Steps to reproduce:
- Opening BFD either standalone or in my host DAW
- Loading a user preset with already assembled groove track
- Going to Groove Editor
- Dragging one more groove from the palette into the track around measure 109. The track ist already consiting of multiple parts.
My groove track should be extended by one more part and my arrangement should be finished by now.
BFD3 crashes the moment I release the click of my mouse after dragging. When running as a plug-in it causes my DAW to crash, too.
10 out of ten in my user preset and groove track arrangement
The bug happens in other projects, too, where I start with a clean preset and empty groove track instead of my saved user preset. This however is inconsistent and the exact cause is unclear to me. I tried the following steps trying to isolate the cause:
- Including just the “Grv” when loading from the presets menu → reproduces the bug 10/10
- Clearing all parts from the groove track and randomly dragging grooves into the track arrangement → no reproduction of the bug.
I suspect something in the way how I arrange my drum track triggers the crash. Maybe every two out of three projects. This usually happens towards the end of an arrangement. There’s something happening here, but what it is ain’t exactly clear.
I’ll glady provide anyone on the BFD team with the preset or groove track that causes the bug. Just let me know to what email address I should mail it to.
Here’s a link to a video of the crash: