[RESOLVED] BFD can't find libraries

Thanks very much for the help-

I unchecked the middle option and removed selected content path which leaves me with the other two

For the second part, I can’t see any separate installers for grooves and presets- Only the main installer which I ran through the license manager…Should I be seeing something else?

I apologise in advance if I’m being completely stupid and the answer is obvious- the chances of that are quite high :laughing:

thanks for your advice on the thunderbolt drive also.

1 Like

So the BFD3 Core Library Installer. Double click that.

Every installer has one of those files, and it needs to be run.

I ran the BFD3 core library installer. I restarted BFD3 and rescanned content paths but I’m still getting the yellow warning flags flags next to kit pieces… :weary: Would completely uninstalling and starting again cause any problems for me?

The grooves and presets installers I was talking about were the Sonic Reality ones. Those I might install in your users/Documents/BFD Drums/Grooves + then /Presets.

Where are you installing the actually sample content for libraries/expansions, in the same Documents/BFD Drums location? If you’re installing everything to that single parent folder location, add that content path in BFD3 Prefs. Upon scanning, it should find what it needs to and add those content paths.

For using one drive, I might suggest installing the samples themselves in users/Music. Add a folder named BFD Drums and install there. The BFD3 Core Library installer will install the presets, grooves and kits for that in, Library/Application Support/BFD Drums, even if you’ve chosen a specific location to install the samples. Wherever you choose to install, you have to add that parent folder location in BFD3 Prefs.

I’m not sure this made sense? :rofl:

1 Like

It made perfect sense- thanks so much for helping out- It works perfectly now in the standalone application.

However, when I open it in logic, and click on ‘kits’ or ‘drums’ I get this…

It just says the word ‘searching’ and never loads anything. Do you have any suggestions about how to fix this issue?

If anyone can help me fix it I’d be happy to make a donation to them

thanks

This user just posted a fix for what may be your problem as well. Not sure, but check it out.

1 Like

Thanks again mate- I’ll give it a try!

1 Like

Ok so, It appears the problem is that the plugin won’t authorise in Logic…I’ve tried resetting and rescanning selection to no avail…Would uninstalling and the reinstalling cause any problems or is it safe to try?

Hi Josephus,

I would contact inMusic support for re-authorization.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Hi Joseph, I have the exact same problem as you. New Mac Studio . I have read through this thread carefully and done everything correctly. I can run BFD stand alone, but I get the endless search in Logic. It hangs when you try to scan in the tools section…
Where are you at with this?
Thanks

Hey Drew
I am having the exact same issue as Joseph. Works fine in stand alone, but freezes in Logic when you run the Tools to search for content. It is default to the drive set up in stand alone so it should see it but I just get the spinning wheel.
I am happy to post pics.
Latest OS, Mac Studio, latest BFD.
Thanks.

Okay so I believe I fixed it.

Go to applications folder and right click Logic Pro and click ‘get info’. Half way down this list is an option that says “open using Rosetta”- check the tick box and then start Logic. Go to plug in manager and then rescan selected plug-in and try opening BFD to see if it’s fixed

Thanks
Will try asap.
I guess this means we are running logic in Rosetta and not natively?

I guess so yea. I don’t really know what that means in the grand scheme of things but now I can record with BFD so personally I don’t care what mode it’s in :grin:

Thanks that did the trick, and Logic seems ok running in Rosetta as well.
Really appreciate it .
Cheers

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue. So are we saying on ARM Macs BFD3 will only run as a plugin under Rosetta? That’s a bummer if so, because it will negatively effective the performance of your DAW by about 30%. Can anyone from FXpansion confirm this?

No one from FXpansion can confirm it, because FXpansion no longer owns BFD! :wink:

But yes, currently we only support Rosetta. M1 native support is in development and scheduled for a 3.4.5 release, hopefully before the end of July.

Thanks. I’m just discovering all of this and transferring licenses to inMusic. urgh. What about running BFD3 from inside Komplete Kontrol?

Ok, I just tried that and it works. I guess because its a VST host, not AU. I think this is a much better option than Rosetta personally.

josephus,

I created an account to say thankyou. Months ago I contacted support directly and heard literally nothing back, it’s great to find someone like you willing to help others.

It’s good to hear that an M1 version is on its way. I’ll wait until then.

Thanks again,

Steven