I want to delete all BFD content and then reload it so maybe it will all work

I have asked for help for many months. Many months without response. The Support Page does not work, Nothing happens when I press submit inquiry. I have tried 4 other methods of seeking help. I am using Win 7 and clearly explained this and your help told me to download the latest BFD 3 update for Win 10. I responded with a “once again, I have Win 7.” I never received a reply.

I have never been able to get Horsepower to work. It was my gift for moving over to inMusic. I download and install HP. License Manager says all is fine but when I set up content locations it says I do not have a registration for HP.

For months I have downloaded the software and did my best to understand content locations. Now, it is all a mess. I want to fix this.

I have owned BFD since version 1.

Do you know anyone at your company that is qualified to help me. I am running Windows 7, so I cannot use any of your Win 10 updates.

People on the BFD forum have tried to help. I have been told to complain here.

I want to delete all BFD info, reload BFD 1 (if necessary), BFD 2, BFD 3, and Horsepower.

Please help me.
Michael Richards

1 Like

This is a tricky situation, as BFD hasnt supported Win 7 since before they left FXpansion, so you will be needing to go back to an older version that did support Win 7.

Tbh, the one thing that finally made me update to Win 10 from Win 7 was this dropping of Win 7 support. Considering Win 7 is now 4 versions old, this was inevitable at some point.

Anyway, if I understand correctly, it leaves you with little option but to go back to the previous version of BFD you were running prior to updating it, or move to Win 10.

I am not going back to an old Win 7 version. I am using the last version made for Win 7. So, all was good until I downloaded HP. It does not work.

Everything has worked perfectly until the contents location says Horsepower is not registered. License Manager says it is and actually says everything is great, have fun.

1 Like

Ah ok. Interesting.

Does all your other content work? Is it just HP you’re having issues with?

Everything worked fine. No problems with all my BFD, BFD2, and BFD3 drums and presets.

I received limited to no help from inMusic. I think I downloaded my free Horsepower in May and gave up in June. I was on my own. I followed every direction multiple times with no success. I then had major spine surgery. A month later I was able to turn on the computer. I soon realized numerous requests of help were left unanswered. I figured I was on my own. I tried to force everything to work. Now, I have a big mess. Most presets don’t work, but I can fix that. I’m just fed up that I can’t get HP working.

I have several projects that need to be finished. So, I want to start from scratch and reload everything. This should not be a problem. I never used a BFD software designed for Win 10. Nobody told me, nor have I read, that HP cannot run on BFD Win 7 software.

1 Like

There’s no way of knowing if deleting everything and then reinstalling all your BFD software will get everything working, including Horsepower but it seems you have nothing to lose other than 4 or 5 hours of your time if it doesn’t work.

You say you tried 4 different ways to contact support?
I can only think 2. You can PM staff here, @BFD_Drew or other staff, or you can email support at, support@bfddrums.com

At the time of migration back in April/May the on line ticket support wasn’t working but I can’t say if it’s been fixed or not so I’d go with the email support.

Neither this forum, nor the old fxpansion forum was ever the official channel for technical support.

Is there any particular reason you’ve held off upgrading to windows 10?
I would seriously think about doing so, it’s quite a lot more efficient than windows 7 and you may still be able to get if for free.

Steve

1 Like

Or dirt cheap. The version of Win 10 I’m running was a mere £15, legit version.

Ok, got it. So you’re already using the last version made for Win 7, its mainly just that HP isnt working, but the installer says it should be. I do wonder if this is related to the installer expecting an up to date version for Win 10? Im just pulling this out of thin air tho, I dont have a clue, but with regard to Sonic Reality’s expansions, they need new installers to work correctly with the latest versions of BFD. Could be that the new installers dont like Win 7’s BFD?

Anyway, @Steve63 has already tagged a member of the BFD team, so hopefully Drew will be along to help out at some point.

I was at the support page today, it still does not work,

Also, I replied to emails from inMusic. So, there are more than 2 ways to contact support.

You just said the on line ticket doesn’t work so apart from the email support and sending private messages on this forum what are the other ways?

I wouldn’t include the on line ticket since it doesn’t work.

Steve

Is this an inquisition?

Well I am a catholic.

Steve

Some of my messages to tech support. I do not have all the emails handy, with me now, but from the very beginning I explained I was running Win 7.

---- Forwarded Message --------

To: support@bfddrums.com
Subject: help me authorize bfd3 expansion pack BFD Horsepower
Message-ID: 20c22153-e842-743d-3dd0-17507c90bbdd@viamichael.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 16:57:15 -0400
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/78.10.1
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------C72D41C228432F4F4D5C9038"
Content-Language: en-US

Here is my registration # for BFD Horsepower that I cannot authorize, even though it did say it was authorized at one point, but when I reviewed my Content Locations it said I needed a license.

BFDHP-TFX8L-2NFMV-E2A08-48SCE-Xxx

Thank you,

Michael Richards

———————

Please, I need your help. Will somebody help me? It has been well over a week and nobody has attempted to help me register BFD Horsepower with this serial # BFDHP-TFX8L-2NFMV-E2A08-48SCE-xxx.

Please read my emails so you understand the problem.

Michael Richards

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: Re: Fwd: help me authorize bfd3 expansion pack BFD Horsepower
To: BFD Drums Support support@bfddrums.com
References: 20c22153-e842-743d-3dd0-17507c90bbdd@viamichael.com e040275d-78ec-c6da-6cdd-368f66991061@viamichael.com2xijF000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000QUI59200C5yEQx0ySfOX_Ip_s_ebOA@sfdc.net
Message-ID: 4eb7f168-ceb7-89e9-f01f-5ef1b0e2f54b@viamichael.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 17:21:56 -0400
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:78.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/78.11.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
In-Reply-To: 2xijF000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000QUI59200C5yEQx0ySfOX_Ip_s_ebOA@sfdc.net
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------1CEDDD0949F4839E7E9DD6AC"
Content-Language: en-US

Still need help.

I cannot reinstall the 3.4.1 update. I am running Win 7.

Also, I keep putting the serial number in and I get the same error: serial number was not recognized.

I have to manually insert the serial number because if I paste it all the registration numbers and letters go into the first box. They do not spread out across the boxes like it does with all the other companies I work with. Using that tedious method, repeatedly, yields this error: serial number failed validation, please check you have typed it correctly.

I need a different solution.

Thank you, Michael Richards

Poor guys been waiting four months or so.

Can anyone help over there, @BFD_Drew ?

1 Like

I like this reply. I am also Catholic.
Michael

1 Like

The newest content from BFD Drums (inMusic) do not work for any old FXpansion versions of BFD. So that is why your Horsepower is not working.

BFD only supports Windows 10 going forward.

You need to do one of two things:

1. Stay on the old version of BFD3.3 from FXpansion and forget about the free pack.
  2. Upgrade to Windows 10, install BFD3.4, and then your free pack will work.

I highly advise you not to delete all of your content. You have BFD3.3 data that will work with BFD3.3 (FXpansion) and BFD3.4 (inMusic) but if you delete and download any data from inMusic, none of that content will work with BFD3.3.

1 Like

Did I not read that Horsepower does not work in Win 7? Did not a soul from tech support tell me this?

BFD3 itself and all of the expansion packs were upgraded after the inMusic acquisition (new installers and a new authorization system) and they support Windows 10 only. All of the bfddrums.com product pages reflect this.

I realise this isn’t what you want to hear, but even Microsoft don’t support Windows 7 anymore; for almost 2 years now.

And tbf, @Viamichael, considering HP was free… its not like you’re losing out, tho obviously migrating to the new servers was a world of pain you didnt need to go thru.

Win 10 is well worth the upgrade if you’ve been putting it off for a while.

I guess its time to forget HP (unless you go Win 10), and just focus on getting everything you had working before all back to normal.

Thank you Drew and maximumdembo. I can live with this. Not what I wanted to hear, but life marches on. The past 3 years have been so busy that I haven’t been able to put the time aside to set up a Win 10 computer which I think I will build myself. I have a good habit of building or buying a powerful computer, and a bad habit of holding on to it far too long. I also have a side business as a photographer. The older I get the more difficult it becomes to juggle all my endeavors. Just like all of you.

I wonder how many BFD users only use the program as a stand alone product, like gigging with an electronic drum set. The rest of us have to master BFD, a DAW, mixing, mastering, and for people like me we have to write songs and play everything. I don’t sing so that’s one job I get to skip out on, yet it would be the job I would want if I were very good at it.

1 Like