How to use BFD2 Content in BFD 3.4?

You have to PM Drew or sent support a ticket and get a new serial number to run BFD2 content in BFD3,

There is no way around this

ALL BFD Content has to have a NEW serial number under the new diabolcal owners, InMusic Brand

Thanks for the reply

Id really like my old BFD content to work since I updated…

Id really really like my old BFD content to work since I updated…

This isnt real fun…

So is there a form to fill out so I can get my BFD2 license number updated so I can use the content I paid for?

Your BFD 2 content/serials through Fxpansion won’t work, as they are legacy products no longer supported, but you can get a replacement serial# for London Sessions which is the same library.

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve messaged Drew to get a replacement serial number.

Cheers
Mark

1 Like

Dont stress bro, the London kits are just as screaming loud as when you used BFD2, haha

Once you have the serials you will be fine, it installs just like an expansion kit.

IF you can’t find the kits/presets/grooves. on a Mac scan Library/App Support/BFD Drums/BFD2/System.

On PC I don’t know where BFD2 Kits/Presets are located

2 Likes

Drew sent me a new serial and its all sorted…

Thanks for the reply…

1 Like

My post was just to fulfill the posting requirement so I could PM…

My post was to try and help

Glad you are good

Posting until i can pm.

Posting so i can pm. Posting do I can pm

Posting again so I can pm.

@Rdl95 Apparently, you don’t actually have to post anything to be gain privileges to PM. It just requires reading posts for at least 10 mins. Have a look here:

Or you can not do any hoop jumpng at all, and just notify the PRODUCT OWNER with an @

@BFD_Drew

Of course, none of this would matter if the issue just got resolved at BFD’s end.

Thanks…scrolling now

Hello, Steve,

I’m sorry to bother you.

Should all kits/presets/maps from all expansions and BFD1 and BFD2 be in those folders in the BFD Drums folder in documents?

Can those folders be empty in Library>Application Support>BFD Drums, or, should there be a copy in both spots?

Joe

I am all set now with all of the expansions showing up in License Manager and I’m able to access all drum pieces, but, I can’t figure out how to import the older presets.

I have presets for BFD 3, BFD Horsepower, BFD London Sessions, BFD3.3 and BFD3.4.

I have a folder in Library>Application Support?BFD Drums that has a folder for BFD Eco and BFD2 which appears to have all of the older Presets, but, when I try to import them BFD3 doesn’t allow me to select them. Is there a trick to importing them?

@josephlevie You can try, Add BFD2 Paths and Rescan System Paths in content locations section under the Tools menu.

Alternatively if that doesn’t work, you can physically move presets from that “system” location to the users directory and rescan. users/Documents/BFD3/Presets

With the exception of the core library presets, I keep all my presets in the users path instead because I was having issues with presets not showing in the system location, no matter what I did.