[EXPECTED BEHAVIOR] License manager not responding

I was just about to say what @ggmanestraki said.

The download location is the only configurable option in the LM so it had to be that.

Should have spotted it earlier.

Steve

Well, you DID point to that datapath xml, so the general idea was touched upon.

Maybe the LM should default to a local path if it doesn’t find the allocated download path?

1 Like

i think that would certainly help… it would have saved me a big headache. again thnx all

the thing is… i don’t really see why it would even look for or to a download location for any reason for starting up. that is just there for downloading installers. if the location were in the datapath.xml it would have been located when i scanned the whole xml file for “G:” the only “G’s” i found in the datapath.xml were things like the word “Groove” which is just in folder and file names.

Then the only place to change the path is the LM itself, and the path is stored somewhere else.

It’s a good thing that you got it sorted. It’s been a bumpy ride so far, and until things settle and BFD runs smoothly again, I’m happy we’ve got this place to help each other!

2 Likes

Hey there,

Thanks for raising, we will look into this.

Regards, Callum

3 Likes

While reading this forum it came to mind that iMusic’s server is not large enough to handle all the fxpansion traffic after the migration.

I’d be surprised if that were actually the case. The transactions for this auth stuff would be very small, even at it’s maximum. That doesn’t mean there aren’t other performance issues, i.e. location, server side bugs, client side bugs, state and tracking, etc. But sheer capacity is the easiest problem to detect and solve. Usually, any pernicious problem is more nuanced and complex than that.

For starters, why is the LM being called up at all? When the client is working correctly, BFD barely looks at licensing at all. It’s only when things go south that any server transaction comes into play. So, why is that happening in the first place?

from my understanding after corresponding with inMusic support that the license manager/software does call home periodically on it’s own even if things haven’t ‘gone south’ lol i suppose to combat piracy and/or unauthorized usages as does many other software packages these days to protect their IP (intellectual property). most probably to check for authenticated (verified) machines that the software is being run on. as to the why that is

as to the server capacity… do you know how BIG inMusic is? if i am not mistaken they own quite a few companies and i don’t think you have to worry about server size, capacity or bandwidth on their end. pretty sure their service end is quite adequate.

cheers

So sorry that I upgraded to the latest version. Several of my expansion packs are now de authorized in the software though they show authorized in the manager!!! WTF…

Closing as per ggmanestraki’s comment.