Does BFD have a Future?

Sure I’ll give an update here. And in case they won’t react on Monday to my phone call and I would have do pay back the money to the eBay buyer I will make sure all over audio and music production forums that people are warned what a scam BFD3 has become. it’s such a shame…

1 Like

Lol - response in one business day. Come on guys, it’s inMusic we’re talking about here. I’m still waiting.

1 Like

*One business week, or two.

Why would you have to give the money back so soon? Is the buyer hassling you?

As long as you demonstrate good faith and keep them in the loop e.g link to these forum posts, i don’t see why they’d have any reason to doubt you.

Not saying you’d have the right to refuse them but the deal’s been done and it would be to both of your advantage to just hold on for a while

1 Like

Does BFD have a future? What sort of a damn question is that? of course it has.

I’ve been there since the early BFD days, got my BFD, BFD2, Deluxe, XFL, Jazz n Funk, boxes sitting there in the cupboard. Own 60+ expansions, and they all work fine. Owned, bought and sold every other Drum vsti on the market, and the only one that’s stayed is BFD. Solid as a rock, never had issues, except for some expansion installation problems way back, but as for actual running, as I said, solid as a rock. The best sounding drum vsti past and present, and I’d wager future as well!!!

Bring on BFD4!!!

Here’s a tip, get away from all these bitchin’, whinin’, complaining yoyo’s, they’ll only bring you down. Remember that dude, can’t remember his name, but he was gunna do this, gunna do that, bring BFD down at every opportunity he had, was going to take InMusic to some sort of court, made it his mission to head off any new forum member with his tale of woe, doing his best to turn people away, well I think he’s gone now, but that type of shit is no good for anyone, poison the mind if you let it, best to stay away from it, I rarely visit here anymore, really just a quick look, see if there is any action with updates, new expansions or the like, then back to business.

Oh well, until we meet again, don’t let the bastards get you down!!!

4 Likes

It’s great you’ve never had issues, but that doesn’t invalidate other people’s experiences.

Also the change in licence manager may be a deal-breaker for new users who don’t know about the subscription model that is now being used as it’s still not mentioned on the purchase page.

Enjoy your two-year wait for BFD4.

Dont’t worry, I’ll be gone soon too if inMusic get a move on and transfer my licences.

I second that, problems happen everywhere, I have had excellent experiences with BFD and a couple no so excellent, they all got sorted out, as I am sure everyone else’s will. I hope so anyway, so that the whining can stop ad we can all share positive thoughts on here. Eventually the people who want to leave here will leave, and if not, then it’s easy to ignore and mute the whining posts.

1 Like

So legitimate issues are whining now? I guess this should just be a fanboys’ forum then, sweep all the troubles under the carpet.

No, I didn’t say that, maybe I should rephrase - People actually whining all the time about how sh*t everything is over and over, telling newcomers and posting it on other forums too what a bad idea it is to purchase BFD/InMusic products etc. Nothing was aimed at you. I guess I am a fan, not a boy anymore, I was a boy decades ago.

Trust me, if I didnt love this software so much I would have gone a long time ago.

Unfortunately I know from other brands what inMusic are like and I don’t want to be part of it, so it is with regret that I realise that I just need to leave BFD3.

I only recently found out they don’t charge for transfers. I would have done this a long time ago if I’d known, as I don’t want inMusic to get a penny out of me; they don’t deserve it, plus it’s an easier sell as I can keep the prices really low.

1 Like

Well I hope you get what you’re after and all ends well, pity because as you say you love this software, like a lot of us do. I use other InMusic software too and personally have never had an issue, depending on what we are talking about there’s various levels I guess. I like many on here do not like the 90 day scenario, but for now it keeps me producing with BFD3 as my killer unbeatable drummer and drum sounds. If it ever goes bang, which I seriously doubt, then I will start my rampage.

1 Like

I finally managed to get the license transfer done today 10 days after opening the ticket. The buyer as well as myself tried several days to get someone via the user help chat. Today it finally happened and the license transfer was successful.

2 Likes

A long time to wait yes, but glad to hear it was successful, no points for speed of service tho. No matter how busy you are, that’s not good customer service.

3 Likes

I hope they have a future as I would really like the beta before anything is rolled up. Used to love BFD, nowadays I’m using other drums as M1 has wiped out BFD completely. If the beta ever becomes public I’m all here for it.

1 Like

@daritimm Have you PM’d Drew to get access to the beta? I’ve seen users saying it’s working well for them.

Does BFD have a future? Well, if InMusic is smart, they can make several strategic moves. BFD lost to Superior Drummer precisely due to a lack of a strong marketing strategy and perhaps not offering as visually appealing graphics. However, in technical terms, it surpasses the competition in almost every aspect. InMusic should capitalize on this, but I believe they may be waiting for a new version (BFD4 or whatever it may be called) to avoid promoting a mere rehash, no matter how good it may be. Nevertheless, they have several excellent opportunities with BFD, and it all depends on their budget and willingness to seize them.

I would love to see a collaboration between ALESIS and BFD… Both belong to InMusic, and ALESIS is well-known for its affordable electronic drums, although often criticized for the quality of their sound module. Why not create a flagship ALESIS drum kit with a module developed in collaboration with the BFD team? Something that can directly compete with the flagship products of Yamaha, Roland, and others in the electronic drum market, which has high demand. I think it would be an excellent opportunity, and it would also provide a powerful software like BFD3, but modernized, for those who prefer computer-based operation.

In any case, there is plenty of potential for further development. Hopefully, InMusic reads this, although I’m sure they have already considered it. What are they waiting for?

This is already a thing.

BFD Player is not too far away. BFD4 is currently in the middle of a circle of candles, with a scary painting looming over it. Peter, Egon, Ray, and Winston are just sliding down the pole and jumping into the hearse.

6 Likes

“SOUNDS LIKE FUN.”

1 Like

I get the question.

I have been using BFD since its first release and have always found it fantastic. Easily up their with the best if not the best. But it does look like its been left on the shelf a bit. The download and upload software is awful and leads to head aches when making any updates or new installs. I tried the latest update and got this error message pop up and I just ran a mile and did not bother, I am settling for the old version until I face issues.

That said, the price has been dropped and you wont get a better bit of drum software unless you dish out much more cash, which does compensate a tat. It would be nice to see a version 4 released and the name rejuvenated a tad. It would be a shame if it did come to an end.

1 Like