Does BFD have a Future?

To get the best, predictable response from a studio PC, there’s no AV - or indeed anything at all non-music related. I want to install things and then leave well alone - licensed on an iLok or similar. Having to reconnect every 90 days at the random whim of a business who COULD do things differently but choose not to, is a showstopper. So. No BFD on my studio PC. I’ve moved to something else, but BFD was the best sounding library. Such a pity.

3 Likes

I get you. It’s not a problem for me, but for you it is. It’s a pity, exactly.

Running properly? Hell no!

1 Like

Had a drastic financial emergency. But the license-transfer process took so long (Not so much the process, but just merely trying ot get everyone on the same page as to whether there was or wasn’t a transfer-fee), that the finance-crisis had been resolved and I no longer needed to sell. I didn’t have the heart to tell the buyer I’d changed my mind, as he’d been waiting patiently the entire time (Think he’d also missed a sale in going for my copy)

…So I sold it.

…Then the $50 sale happened, and i jumped back on :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone wants my expansions or BFD3 super-cheap, hit me up! or PM me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, now that’s ringing a bell… I do remember your story now, sorry 'bout that. Well, I’m glad you got your financial crisis sorted… that seems to be the most important thing and sweet that you were able to get BFD3 again for the sale price.

Did you wind up grabbing any expansions over the holiday sale… getting back maybe some you parted with?

1 Like

BFD’s been a solid part of my production for nearly 20 years, so I’m hoping things go well with it. Might be misguided of me but I think it’s gonna stay around for a while. Even if it should suddenly implode and vanish I have legacy setups going for BFD1/2/3 usage for years to come.

However since BFD3 became unstable in my modern workflow and I resorted to other software for my mixing and composing gigs I gotta say I’ve felt the loss and I need it back in top working order. Superior and all that are wonderful and I’ve been using them for decades since original DFH in the 90s, but maaaaaan nothing sits in a mix or layers over a live kit like BFD, Toontracks stuff sounds so f’kken Swedish (I love you Sweden and your amazing people and music, but you know what I mean!)

BFDs been relatively lowkey compared to the other drum softs out there but I think people would mess themselves if they knew the full extent of how many times they’ve heard BFD in their favorite albums over the last 15 years.

No idea how my rant fits into this thread but I’m on my 7th cup of coffee during a nutty session and need to offgas some love.

7 Likes

@BFDDr always has time to tell you you’re wrong but not how to put things right. Sadly.

3 Likes

thanks for that. So if the existing description of how to do a license transfer is not right, where can I find a description of how to proceed in order to transfer my BFD licenses to a buyer?

1 Like

to a buyer or a seller? I think I read @BFD_Drew mention that there is no fee anymore? Maybe he can clarify and send you to the correct process

thanks for your hint, I meant to a buyer of course. And I guess that it is clarified that I won’t have to pay a fee when selling. However, I have no idea how to proceed in oder to actually process the transfer. I want to sell my BFD3 license including 24 expansion packs…

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s no procedure in place. I assume you have to email BFD Support, but the support part of that email is a joke. I never got a single reply from it.

I had to get the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) to inform inMusic of their legal obligation before they would release my collected data to me (which upon request they are legally obliged to do within a month). Of course they didn’t do it when I requested it. I wrote to the office, a week later I had the data. InMusic think they’re above the law.

I want to sell all my BFD stuff. Cheap. InMusic have refused to give any kind of refund. I’m not after a huge amount, just want to get rid of it, leave this forum to those that are happy to bend over to inMusic’s whims.

3 Likes

thanks for the information!

That’s more up to date than the one I saw about charging $50 transfer fee. Cheers.

Thanks!

I ended up just going for ‘Jazz & Funk’, in the end. Still haven’t chosen my free library, either. Currently stuck in M1 limbo, so just waiting to get set up and rolling.

1 Like

I generated a ticket for a license transfer following this description 5 days ago.

The Inmusic websites says:

“License transfer requests are usually processed within (1) business day. Once complete, you will receive an email confirming the license has been de-registered along with instructions for the next owner.”

I haven’t got a response within 5 days meanwhile. Has anyone an idea how to get through this? I have sold a license and the buyer is waiting for the transfer…

1 Like

Write again. If they don’t respond within a day, then call them. Actually getting someone on the end of a phone should speed things along.

1 Like

Thank you, I already wrote again. I will call them on Monday. Thanks again and Cheers Thomas

IM sure this process will be just as much of a PITA as anything else to do with this fine product.

Please post back when you have an answer as Im going to give give this software to someone else here

1 Like