Dark Farm authorization issues

Roughly every 3rd or so time I open BFD, Dark Farm requires re-authorization. I only very rarely have this issue with other expansions.

BFD 3.4.5.27
Windows 10 Pro x64 1909

1 Like

Almost every time I open BFD (after not using it for a while) I have to re-auth Dark Farm, just happened yesterday again…

1 Like

OK, so not just me. Good to know. Hope they can square this away.
Cheers

@SF_Green You could maybe try deleting the Dark Farm preferences file (not sure where it’s located in Windows).

1 Like

The preferences file with stop authorisation prompts in LM?

I’m not certain… just a suggestion off the top of my head. I suggest making a backup of the file first and save it to your desktop, if you decide to delete it from users/Preferences.

same here, Dark Farm de-authorized about 2 weeks after installation, and out of sync with every other “installed” product in the LM.

also noted a problem with snare bleed on “mono 6”, will debug further if/when time allows.

And de-authorized again…

Does anybody know -why- this is happening?

Everything else seems to be in sync.

submitting a ticket next despite very low expectations

This happened to me as well the other day. DF is the lone wolf that doesn’t show being authorized.

Well, it happened again, didn’t even make it a week before de-authorizing.

@Fender_Bender @SF_Green @deangersmith
? Have any of you noted a difference in the “Recheck in” date for DF vs any other expansions?

• mine is two days off from all the rest…

? Have any of you filed a ticket wrt to this issue?

• The response from support…

I am afraid this situation is not quite simple due to this being a new issue we have not seen before. It is not normal for our software to react this way. We have seen authorization issues with all of the content for BFD, but not just one expansion.

The latest suggestions are to check a couple of system/browser settings which make no sense to me as they have nothing to do with the LM and any other expansion (and fwiw, were already set as requested).

I’m noting this is the only post InMusic expansion, perhaps there’s some other trickery a foot…

(tia for any thoughts)

Hi,

I noticed this on my macbook last night, with 3 or four of the packs, saying they will expire soon and I need to contact support, that is on Monterey on mac, on my mac pro with Big Sur I didn’t get any notifications, I just checked on the macbook again and now the messages did not pop up. Everything running fine.

1 Like

It hasn’t happened again since 5 days ago when I posted about it, but I haven’t opened up the LM in that time either. I’m working on a project in Pro Tools and DF has been loading up fine. I’ve got my drums printed now, so I will check the license status and report back.

2 Likes

I just checked and all of my expansions, including Dark Farm are authorized and have the same counter days remaining.

@Fender_Bender

thx, appreciate the note. got a more detailed response from support but no resolution. Reauthorized DF today and noted that it’s now 5 days out of sync with every other expansion (vs 2 from the last time.)

Crush was installed at the same time, no problem so far, but not expecting any either.
…
i seem to recall issues with the initial relaunch where different expansions would de-authorize at different times, but that appeared to have been addressed during a later release.

Have you tried deauthorizing all of your products at once and adding them again?

thx, could try that when i get some time (in case it creates bigger problems) but tbh don’t see how that would help with the specific issue of DF de-authorization (all else seems good…)

lost it again today. really, really looks like a LM issue, but jmho.

Dark Farm just deauthorized for me. Totally random. I was working on a session in Pro Tools with Dark Farm. I was loading some different expansions and when I went back to DF it wasn’t loading. I then checked the LM and sure enough, it was red. I had authorized all of my products at the same time a few weeks ago and they all had the same days remaining on the counter.

2 Likes

Yes, Dark Farm is the one that’s most persistent deauthorising pack for me.

But, for me again, It’s not my biggest concern. Cubase 13’s mine at present, with plugin issues. But thankfully not with BFD3.

1 Like

It authorized fine, but still… this expansion launched over a year ago and I see no updates for the bugs in it that have been reported. Chaser brought to my attention the lack of a splash artic for the hihat. It’s the same as a pedal. I mean for your most recent and arguably best expansion, wouldn’t you want to iron these things out?

1 Like

Sorry to see others having this issue.

Mine de-authorizes quite frequently. I went through support who tried re-issuing serial numbers for me until we got one that seemed to stick, but eventually it started in again. I didn’t bother going back to support and just live with it. Never had it de-authorize while I was using it though.