Dark Farm authorization issues

Why would it be a serial # issue if it’s affecting multiple users though? Did they issue a bunch of bad ones? I bought it a few months ago, so I would think that by that point they would’ve purged any bad serial #'s. Who knows?

Since you have it, have you used any of the extra HiHat articulations with DF (3/8, 5/8, etc)? I was just curious how users might be mapping these. If these new HH artics are going to be a recurring trend for new expansions, then I hope that BFD4 will have a new keymap that has everything laid out better. Having to jump up octaves for different artics is annoying, especially on my tiny controller. I get lost easily.

1 Like

Hi FB
I’ve had DF since it came out so maybe they thought there were issues? I don’t know.
No, I haven’t used those yet. Might have to check them out.
Cheers

For a temporary Solution…
Remove Splash Folder from the Audio Folder and place it somewhere it can’t be scanned.
BFD Dark Farm\Audio\Cymbals\Zildjian K Light Hihat 15\Splash
BFD Dark Farm\Audio\Cymbals\Zildjian Sweet Hihat 16\Splash

Make a Copy of either OpenS or OpenT Folder…your choice…I use the Shank…
Rename the copied Folder to “Splash”…Rescan Expansion.

I don’t know if there are actual Splash Articulations or simply a Folder of Open Articulations is used.

Thanks. I don’t use the splash all that much, but I may give it a try. So you don’t need to edit the ArticTweaks.xml for the copied folder?

The Artic Tweaks are just db Trim/Loudness for all the velocity layers in the folder.
There is no library or instrument info.
Even if it was somehow deleted BFD will generate a New one for the folder.

1 Like

5 days later… Dark Farm deauthorized again. LM says all my products are authorized, but no samples for any expansion will load in BFD3 now. Rendered completely useless. Tried restarting, logging out/in from the LM, removing all content locations and adding again. I can’t even manually deauthorize products. When I do, they still show authorized. I will try uninstalling/reinstalling BFD3.

Ngl… this is starting to interfere with my projects and I may have to consider moving on sadly. I need my music software to work when I need to work.

Okay, this is getting really weird. I will ask someone to figure this out, because it isn’t on.

There isn’t anything particular about Dark Farm versus the other expansion packs that would be causing this. It clearly isn’t meant to work this way.

I’m sorry this is interfering with your projects. Feel free to ping me directly and we can try some stuff. But I need to go and speak to a developer or two to try and figure out what might be going on. Off the top of my head the only thing I can think of is an old “legacy” session login token, but I wouldn’t have thought that would cause this, and logging out and then in again should refresh that anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for looking into this Drew.
Cheers

Ok, I finally got it working again. I uninstalled everything, restarted, installed again, but no change. However, I kept my user prefs, data paths, etc. I remembered before, I had a total app failure and after trashing my bfd prefs it was ok again. That kinda worked this time, some kits were finally loading, but still not Dark Farm. I de/re-authorized DF again, but I also trashed my data paths.xml. That seems to have worked so far.

Uninstalling the app is a waste of time, it’s somehow files inside users/Library/Application Support/BFD Drums/BFD3 that are getting corrupted somehow. My boot and samples drives are both healthy.

1 Like

Mine does this all the time (Dark Farm) but it always authorises within seconds…

2 Likes

Hahah saying that, I got this today with BFD Player, and it won’t resolve no matter what i try. THey don’t even show up in my inmuisc acc?
Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 15.24.07

I just checked BFD Player and everything is activated.
Are you checking the InMusic Software Center Version…?..it should be V1.22

wow, first time i have ever seen thatm never had to use it, busy looking at it now but from BFD player it said both those serials have expired…

Were you a beta tester?

I was, or I wasn’t told that I am not one anymore lol

In the InMusic Software Center you should have the BFD Player and CORE under My Software and FREE Software.
The Software Center is tied directly to you InMusic Profile. and all of your purchases , Registered Hardware etc. and all downloads related to each.
Each will also have the option to Deactivate,Download…Re-Install etc etc so you can change machines and not use up Authorizations.

Expansions are under My Expansions.

There is also the InMusic Store

Thanks I’ve noticed that since installing the software, but those two don’t dvdn show up in the software, or online in my account, seems they’ve gone missing, however they are in player but won’t authorise.

Is the email address you use for the InMusic Profile different from the purchase email address?..
I know when BFD Player first started up there was a lot of confusion with purchases off the BFD site and the email address had to be re-associated with the purchase.

It’s the same email, I’ve message Clive, thanks for the help everyone :slightly_smiling_face: