Chasing up a customer support enquiry

Hi!

I’ve contacted InMusic Customer Support, twice, over the last couple of weeks but have yet to have any response.

Im trying to get confirmation as to whether there is any issue with me selling my BFD license and packs. Specifically, i want to confirm that if I buy the transfer token, that it functions similarly to how FXPansion always did it i.e I can sell the whole lot as a bundle, for one flat fee of $50.

I don’t see any reason why it should be denied (Though I bought it second-hand, there was never any talk of it becoming NFR).

I do have a buyer eagerly awaiting, so it’d be nice to get the deal finally signed, sealed and delivered. Perhaps by starting this thread I can get someone on the forums to check my account to see if all is ok to proceed.

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Its $50 per expansion transfer same as BFD

Thats what it says

2 Likes

Yes! That’s also how it used to be for FXPansion. That meant that they were essentially saying that the $50 fee was not dependent on the worth of the product i.e Even if it only cost $35, it needed a $50 to be transferred.

However, going back many years, FXPansion extended that initial $50 to any expansions, as long as they were sold as a bundle to the same customer. Not only have I witness countless similar sales over the last decade, but that’s exactly how I sold my copy of Geist2 (The main software + a few expansions, to the same buyer…for the same one-time $50 fee). Moreover, that’s exactly how it was when I bought BFD3 second-hand.

Better do the research so you dont get burned

Call inMusic direct if you want any answers right away, bfd support email is worth trying but they seem very haphazard in getting responses to people. Same with inMusic email support. Calling them direct actually gets you straight thru to a human.

The BFD FAQ says its $50 per expansion, but the FAQ and ‘knowledge base’ is a copy/paste fiasco that may or may not contain lies, half truths, misinformation or this weeks winning lottery numbers.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Of course. So far that research has involved two emails and this forum post. Won’t take a penny from the buyer until I know exactly what’s going on :wink:

A call to the States is not something my mobil plan will permit, and I can’t afford to foot the bill.

Are these forums not being monitored?

1 Like

I’ll quote the policy from InMusicBrands site, NOTICE it is nowhere to be found on BFD Drums site and I challenge you to find it. It is nowhere here either. Look all around on these places.

It is kindly BURIED. here. Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page:

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/akaipro/s/article/BFD3-Frequently-Asked-Question

Why would it be buried there and not on the BFD FAQ on their site? Thats right there still Is no BFD tab there.

“”" Do you allow license transfers?

Yes, however:

** If you’re the seller, you must contact us in advance of the sale. If you’re the prospective second-hand buyer, you must check that the seller is cleared to sell. If in doubt, contact us.*
** There is a flat $50 fee per product for a license transfer, which can be purchased from our online shop.*
** Review copies, NFRs (Not For Resale copies, sometimes used for in-store demos), etc., cannot be transferred under any circumstances.*
** We reserve the right to refuse a license transfer request.*

Once a transfer is authorized and the fee has been paid, the new owner is entitled to exactly the same upgrade paths and technical support resources as if they had bought the product new.""""

2 Likes

Actually, I found it last week. All i did was Google for InMusic BFD license transfer. I came up with the same link.

I appreciate you trying to help, but this still doesn’t clear up the confusion. As I’ve already said, FXPansion had the same policy. Given the language used, it’s not entirely clear whether, like FXP, they’re informing that the license fee is the same, regardless of product, or whether it applies for each product, no matter how many in a specific group of transfers.

I’d say it tends to lean in the direction you think it is. And were it not for how FXP used to do it, and the fact that InMusic have very clearly held onto the $50 part of the policy, I’d not question it. But have InMusic really taken what was always one of the highest transfer fees and applied it to products that sell new for less than $50?

@BFD_Drew Can you possibly chime in to clear up this confusion on the license transfer policy?

2 Likes

Thanks! Was planning to do the same. Just wanted to wait to see if he’d naturally pick up on the thread :slight_smile:

$50 per product unless InMusic has changed it.

Lets hope its a bundle price as I would simply sell my whole lot for $50

Its there, its on the Knowledge Base, but its part of hte article that contained false advertising until I pointed it out for months on end, and still contains misinformation, so who knows if its correct…

Totally understood. These forums are and arent being monitored. They are when its useful, but they arent when things get really tricky. They arent officially support forums but this is where beta testing happens and one of BFD’s owner regularly does hefty support work here. Its about as clear as mud.

I wont pry as to where in the world you are but if you’re lucky enough to be in either the UK or somewhere in Europe, there might be an easier phone call to make…

WORLD HEADQUARTERS

• inMusic Brands, Inc
  • 200 Scenic View Drive
  • Cumberland, RI 02864
  • United States
  • Tel: 401.658.3131
  • Fax: 401.658.3640
INMUSIC CANADA ULC

4200 Boul Matte
Unit C
Brossard, QC
J4Y 3J5
Tel: 1-833-466-9165

INMUSIC GMBH

Hans Günther Sohl Str. 4a
47807 Krefeld
Germany
Tel: +49 2102 7402 20150
Support: +49 2102 740 2 20150
Fax: +49 2102 7402 20011

INMUSIC BRANDS EUROPE

Unit 3, Nexus Park
Lysons Avenue
Ash Vale
Hampshire GU12 5QE
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1252 896040

INMUSIC BRANDS TAIPEI

7th Floor, NO. 165, Nanking East Road
Section 4
Taipei 105
Taiwan
R.O.C
Tel: +886 2 2717 2389
Fax: +886 2 2717 2734

INMUSIC BRANDS JAPAN

6F, 3-19-23, Minami Azabu
Minato-ku, Tokyo
106-0047 Japan
Tel: +81 3 6277 2230
Support: +81 3 6277 2231
Fax: +81 3 6277 0025
Web: http://numark.co.jp

INMUSIC EOOD BULGARIA

123 Lipnik Blvd,
Business Park Ruse, building B
Ruse, 7013
Bulgaria
Tel: +359 89 7300872

INMUSIC BRANDS LATIN AMERICA

Email: asolano@inmusicbrands.com

“Prospective buyer” here, does that mean I have to send them an email? Or only if I’m “in doubt” (I’m not really in doubt).

1 Like

I think you have all the info we have, rest is up to you now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the extra info. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Im actually in Spain, but can call free to the UK. But I’ve just been contacted by support, so hopefully things will be sorted soon.

Thanks everybody for the help. Will update the thread when everything has been resolved.

Cheers.

… Hey Pebbles! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, please let us know. This question of the transfer fee has come up before and we got no answers. You folks might be the first to actually go thru the process now BFD is with inMusic.

Personally, there is no way I’m giving either of these companies any more money just to get out of this mess but thats another issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’ll be letting him make a little cash on the side too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So…Long time…

Didn’t forget y’all. It just really took nearly six weeks to finally get the situation resolved.

During that time, I dealt with six different people. Three of those were from the U.S, by email, and another three from the UK (This involved emails and three separate international phone-calls…to three different customer service guys).

It initially took about ten days to get the first email answered, after which it took an average of five days to receive replies to my replies.

Nobody seemed to know the answer to the question of the possibility of grouping licenses together, in one sale. But after this back-and-forth (Like I said, for nearly six weeks) they eventually let me know that there are no transfer fees at all - Neither for the main program nor the expansions.

Fortunately, the buyer (Pebble) was extremely patient, and so eventually they ended up with everything they were after :wink:

So…there it is

Edited to add: I should make it clear that the last guy (UK) who got on the help-train really did stick with me to get it all sorted out. Not only that, but apparently the whole affair has exposed some shortcomings in their understanding of these processes. I was also told that going forward this will be much clearer to support staff, regardless of location.

In the end, I guess I we were the guinea-pigs for this particular test, and anyone else who decides to sell will have a much easier time of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How many lives does this cat have?

1 Like