this may be a pain in the ass… and you may have tried or done this… but i have but one suggestion. remove everything… program and libraries then install just the program and the core library then start the standalone. you may have to show the scan the location for the core library. at this point does it complete the scan and give you access to the program and the core sets? if so then install the expansions one at a time and after each start up the program and have it find the new content or add the path in the locations for each expansion. basically take baby steps and not pile up everything at once and see if you can get it working.
one other thing… if you removed everything in the past and when you installed the new program installer did you check or uncheck the migration option? if you have the migration option enabled it may be hanging while looking for things that aren’t there hence why it sits and spins. if it were truly ‘frozen’ the blue spinner would not be rotating. (movement)
i will try to help as long as i have ideas … one other thing which i doubt is the case but win10 is funny about permissions so maybe try running the standalone first scan after a fresh install with admin rights. right click the program launcher and select “run as administrator”
as i recall i had some trouble because i installed all my expansions on my sample lib drive under one main folder name. but how i got it to work was selecting each sub directory (folders under the main BFD Lib folder) and adding each path and not selecting the main BFD Lib Folder i placed all my expansions under so the scan didn’t overload.
for example i installed the core library under my sample lib drive in a folder named “BFD” and when the core library installed it created a folder named “BFD3 Core Library” i ran the scan and all worked with it by itself. i closed things down and created a new folder under “BFD” called “BFD Expansions” and that is the folder i installed all subsequent expansion to the product one by one and after each one i installed under the ‘expansions’ folder i created i ran the standalone program and it found new content but that was with the actual BFD expansions i bought FROM Fxpansion… my 3rd party expansions i placed in the ‘expansions’ folder but i added each subsequent folder’s path to the location area in the scanner.
hope this is not confusing you… just trying to help