BFD3 has been disabled because You are not logged into your inMusic account

When I try and open BFD3 in Cubase I get an error saying that I need to login into my inmusic account, which I am. I try following suggestions from another thread including downloading a new license manager, but none of those options worked for me.

Any suggestions how I can get authorization to work for BFD3 in Cubase? Thanks!

1 Like

Open the LM and log yourself out of it manually then close the LM.
Now open your browser and log into your inmusic account and then close your browser.
Now open BFD3 and you should be good to go.

Steve

Unfortunately that hasn’t worked. I can open the program in standalone, but I’m still not able to access BFD3 through Cubase 11 because it says I’m not logged into my inmusic account (using macOS Monterey)

Ahh, I’m a cakewalk windows user so not sure what to suggest other than trying to contact support@bfddrums.

Bear in mind it’s new year so you might not get a response until Monday.

Ahh, Monterey. Yeah, there are some problems with that. I’m holding back on Big Sur for a while because of it.

One thing you can do is blow away everything in ~/Library/Application Support/com.inmusicbrands/softwareunlock. That forces the LM to reach out to inmusic, and also to sync with whatever browser magic needs to be done to make authorization work.

I’m in library/application support but I don’t see a com.inmusicbrands

could that be why I can’t access it through Cubase (but I can access it through standalone)

Make sure you’re looking in “/Users/username/Library/Application Support”, not “/Library/Application Support”. Nothing works without it, not even standalone. That’s where the keys are stored.

Thanks. I found the right folder and I deleted the files but it didn’t change anything. I’m still not able to access BFD3 as a virtual instrument in Cubase.

I am in the exact same situation.
The license is approved in the license manager, but when I open the BFD, I get the error message “BFD3 has been disabled because You are not logged into your inMusic account” and I cannot run the software.

1 Like

Does it still do this after following the advice to log out of the LM and log in via your browser?

Steve

1 Like

Yeah. No improvement.

1 Like

BFD3 has been down for two weeks for me. Drew said to email him, and I’ve been waiting for a reply for 5 days. I think it’s time to give up on this platform and head over to SD. I really didn’t want to do this because I spent so much money on BFD but this is ridiculous. I’ve absolutely had it with this company

2 Likes

@BFD_Drew Any time frame ideas on the next update? Any fixes in the works for this?

Hello, is there any progress on this?

I upgraded my BFD2 to BFD3 recently… I’ve tried about a half dozen times to sort out why this isn’t operational… I’ve NEVER gotten V3 to work… because of this very problem. I’ve updated it all. Deleted it all. REBUILT MY ENTIRE MAC. And, still, this isn’t operational.

An update would be appreciated since my upgrade right now feels like it’s a paperweight.

1 Like

So is the problem you’re having the same as in this thread title?

If so, have you followed the advice to log out of the LM and then log in via your browser?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes. I have followed the advice to login via my browser.

1 Like

Image:
Shared with CloudApp

2 Likes

Okay.
I guess you’ve messaged support but you could try their email on support@bfddrums.com if you haven’t already. Not sure what else to advise.

Steve

Steve

After contacting support and sending in the logs, Sam has not responded in over 10 days.
I’ve never seen a team where support is not up and running for such a long time.

1 Like

It seems that with Cubase does not work if License Manager version is 3.0.5.3.
If the LM version is 3.0.5.3, reinstall BFD3.4.3.7 and the LM version will revert to 3.0.5.2, so you can run Cubase by authorizing with LM 3.0.5.2.

However, if the LM version is 3.0.5.2, the same error occurs in standalone (and Ableton Live 11), so I installed two versions of LM, 3.0.5.2 and 3.0.5.3, using the following method.

1. Install BFD3.4.3.7. (LM 3.0.5.2 will be installed)
  2. Install LM 3.0.5.3, choose “Keep Both” instead of “Replace”. (3.0.5.3 will be installed as “BFD License Manager 2.app”)

I could avoid this error by authorizing with LM 3.0.5.2 for Cubase 11, or LM 3.0.5.3 for Ableton Live and Standalone.