BFD3 has been disabled because You are not logged into your inMusic account

I’ve been down for a month with little to no help. I’m absolutely disgusted with this company now. I’ve spent a lot of money on BFD3 and expansion packs, and now I’ve taken the program completely off my system.
Even before BFD3 stopped working, I had an expansion pack that wouldn’t work after fxpansion sold BFD. I don’t have money to invest in a new drum program right now, so I’ve been using Cubase groove agent. I’m beyond pissed. I would sell my BFD3 and put that money towards a new program like SD, but I don’t want to put this hassle on anybody else. I feel like I wasted a lot of money.

2 Likes

I see a number of posts from you and some replies to your posts that you haven’t responded to so I’m not sure if you have resolved any of them.

What particular issues are you still having?
What OS are you running?
Have you tried to PM @BFD_Drew or contacted support via their email address?
support@bfddrums.com

It might be that you need to start from scratch but hopefully not.

Make sure you have the most up to date LM installed and then download the latest version of BFD3 from there.

https://www.bfddrums.com/downloads.html

LM is 5.0.5.3 and BFD3 is 3.4.3.7

Steve

typo - 3.0.5.3, not 5.0.5.3

1 Like

Still no answer from them. Not sure what else do to. Sigh. Nothing like spending money on un-useful rocks.

1 Like

I tried to message Drew… but I guess I don’t have enough credits or something because I have no ability to message him.

@BFD_Drew I get that you may have a lot on your plate. But, so do I. I’ve tried now 3 times… got so discouraged, emailed support (no response), gave up for a bit. But, now, I’m back trying again to install this and it’s still failing.

Some support, feedback, response from someone other than Steve would show that you give at least 1 crap about your customers. Right now, it certainly doesn’t feel that way…

And, spent all evening downloading and reinstalling samples… to be greeted with the same message. Sigh.

1 Like

Steve should be paid for the amount he helps people here.

I still dont understand why these repetitive problems havent got a sticky thread for solutions. People having to wait around for Drew to get a gap in his schedule is a bit ridiculous.

I understand things move slowly, but how long has this been going on now that the support email doesnt work properly, cut and paste responses without reading peoples issues, the same posts again and again with people having the same issues. Having to jump thru hoops to be able to email someone that can help is ridiculous.

I love this software and I really appreciate the effort people put in on this forum, but ffs, there is a level of frustration happening that customers have no need to go thru if there were just a few sticky threads with common issues, a way to get hold of support properly, and not having wait until they’re allowed to message Drew on here.

3 Likes

Totally agree, even with the first part. :heart_eyes:

I hurts me to see how bad some people’s experience is with the support.

I think most people will forgive buggy software as long the support team are quick to respond and know what they’re doing and give good solutions.

Steve

Probably because I keep getting asked the same damn questions over and over and over again. I’m not trying to be rude, but if im asked one more time if I signed out and then signed back in, im gonna throw my phone out the window. YES I’ve done everything that was suggested. Multiple times. Ive been given an update by Drew through email, and that didn’t work. NOTHING works. Not only did the update that was given to me not work, it made Cubase stop working and I had to Deere BFD3 completely off my system. I’m sick and tired of this whole situation. The customer support is a joke. Nobody on the team seems to give two shits.

2 Likes

[SOLVED - Details in ‘Reply’ below] I’m exhausted and out of patience. I have the same problem as the thread line (with BFD3 3.4.3.7) and have followed the advice about logging out of LM (3.0.5.3) and logging in via my browser. Considering the experiences of other users (ex-users?) set out above, I have no expectation that anyone can assist. I am posting this simply to get notified if this company happens to come up with a solution.

@BFD_Drew

Is it not time to set up some sticky threads with commonly asked questions so we dont keep having to ask people the same questions again and again, or leaves customers having to trawl thru the forum reading every post or thread that looks relevant to find answers?

We have a knowledge base section on the main website for things like that:
https://inmusicbrands.force.com/BFDHelp/s/

The forum is for user-to-user support primarily, although I’m currently trying to get more members of the team and tech support team on here as well.

Your first port of call for any issues should be support@bfddrums.com, or contact them via the support page on bfddrums.com.

I can help with some stuff, but I can’t handle everything.

@syddstone Last I read from you, you were getting ready to re-install everything from scratch, I was waiting to hear from you.

Cheers,
Drew

But that just means having to answer people with a link when they’re already here. It’d make way more sense to have something similar as a sticky thread in this forum so people dont have to post at all, or repeat posting that link again and again.

I dont think the knowledge base helps the forum run smoothly and/or stop people asking hte same questions again and again, or us having to post the same link/answer again and again.

Which is why a sticky thread here would help circumvent frustration, you cant be expected to be here all the time, but atm, youre about the only option some people have.

People wont know this until they come here and post. A forum is likely to get a post as well as the support emails. There is also post after post of the support email either not getting responses or the responses being cut and paste from the customers emails clearly not being read.

It makes no sense to refuse the info being clearly available here as this is where customers will come to find out info while waiting for a response from support.

And there is no way customers would have any clue that this isnt an official BFD forum, supposedly for customer to customer support, especially seeing as support staff do post here regularly.

You’re making more work for yourself unnecessarily.

1 Like

Totally agree with @maximumdembo here.

Having important info in the ‘knowledge base’ is all well and good but it’s primary location should be where there is the most traffic, and I’m willing to wager my entire Barry Manilow collection that that place is right here.
One this forum.
At the top.
As a sticky. :slight_smile:

It’s akin to putting a sign to the library in Fort William on top of Ben Nevis. :rofl:

Steve

2 Likes

At the risk of losing @Steve63 (thanks btw, Im never sure if Im posting something irrelevant or argumentively etc etc, diagnosed socially challenged over here, I fuck up a lot without realising), I’m gonna add to this that you’re also making more work for loyal customers having to repeat themselves. Why risk that goodwill wearing thin eventually? I bet nearly every official software forum has a sticky for FAQ’s and troubleshooting to do before posting a question.

I’m also concerned about Steve losing his Manilow collection.

1 Like

This is all a carefully constructed plan to ensure that Steve “loses” his Manilow collection.

I will bear it all in mind, stretched a bit thin at present, but some FAQ’s in some stickies isn’t the worst idea.

2 Likes

Tbf, this is also something I can get behind :smiley: I’m so conflicted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I have solved it. I completely uninstalled LM and then reinstalled it etc. Opened up BFD and its working at the moment.

1 Like

I emailed support@bfddrums.com and received a response within 24 hours, which I consider a reasonable response time considering my time zone in Australia.
I had already uninstalled the LM, BDF3, expansions and every associated file I could find lurking anywhere on this computer.
The response email had a link for downloading the LM: ‘BDF Licence Manager 3053 OSX.dmg’. I was skeptical about using this link because my earlier efforts had been with LM 3.0.5.3.
However, I have been pleasantly surprised. Using that link to reinstall LM and then LM to reinstall BFD3 3.4.3.7, I can now run BDF3 in both standalone mode and Logic (with Rosetta).

3 Likes