BFD3.4.5.28 Release Notes

Yeah, I thought that was a bit funky in the mental department as well. I’m firing up the license manager looking for an update and seeing that everything is up to date — except the email that I got. :slight_smile:

Yeah I thought it was an update for AAX! But no :rage:

1 Like

Same. Better late than never I guess! :man_shrugging:

I still haven’t updated yet. I’ll be without my main audio rig for a while, as I’m tending to some family stuff in the US, but when I get back I’ll get around to it. By then, there will probably be another build released. I didn’t feel the need with the latest release because it seemed more relevant to Apple Silicon users and I’m on Intel and BFD was more or less working ok for me.

Nah, they can do better and should be doing better. It just gives off this vibe that there is a lack of attention to detail and customer support. Sending out timely emails is just one way to assure users that they are “with it” and on top of the basics of important communication for their products.

1 Like

You will hear about a pending AAX update first, here on the forum I suspect. Hopefully not too much longer for you folks.

I here you.
When I first bought BFD2 back in 2007 it was their attention to detail that put them head & shoulders above everyone else.

On the old fxpansion website all their kits had info on each individual kit piece along with audio samples at 3 or 4 different velocity levels. So I could preview not just a whole kit before buying, but each kit piece.

Now that is what you call, ‘attention to detail’

Steve

1 Like

How does one know if they have the latest version of the License Manager application? It does not seem to self-check. I recall this being an issue before and it still seems to be an issue today.

The easiest way is to just download the latest installer from here and verify the version. I think whenever you update BFD3 from the LM, it will automatically update the LM as well, if that build requires an LM update? Not sure though.

Fixed hihat pedal and splash processing…

According to the manual, I have activated the auto splash event which sends an open hihat sound after playing a pedal sound based on the hihat reopen threshold. I’ve never really wanted this sound as it is markedly different from the actual splash samples that are included with most of the libraries I own. How can I get BFD3 to trigger the actual splash samples opposed to the method described in the manual or does this latest update answer the question?

Please can we have AAX update, I know there are many patient PT users out there that have projects from over 10 yrs of BFD use that they really want to run in native silicon,…but being reasonable, loyal, dedicated users are not sharing their frustration with not being able to take full advantage of their investment in apple silicon with PT, waiting for the AAX Silicon update. Please for all of us now ‘semi-silent’ users, Please support AAX on Silicon. For most this is the last plugin they need to go full native.
Anyone else out there feeling the same?

1 Like

BFD3 crashes on startup.
From Standalone:

From App:

The only plugin/instrument loaded in the session is BFD.
Help - please.
Apple M1, Ventura 13.4, Logic Pro 10.7.8

1 Like

Hey @songkid

I assume you’ve already communicated with support, but please raise a bug report for this here:

Thanks,
Joe

@Joeface53
Done - thank you very much!

Does your HiHat actually trigger the splash samples when you close and release the pedal quickly? Or does it trigger a chick and open sample? If it’s an actual splash sample, how did you get it to work?

100% :pray:. Any updates even if vague would be better than hanging in the dark.

The one I downloaded from that link is older than the one I have installed, according to Mac OS Finder, when I went to drop it into the Applications folder. :man_shrugging:t4:

Older in what way, by date? What is the version of the one you have installed?

When will you finally support your E-Drummer Community with actual Key Mapping for up to date Modules such as Rolands Flagship Modules with Digital Pads??

1 Like

I’d like to see a proper mapping page similar, but perhaps simplified, to BFD3’s.

At least there you could create your own key maps.
Often newer drum modules use variations on a previous one.

I get the feeling BFD Player is meant for eDrummers and no one else and I guess it did pretty much allude to that in the first place.

Steve