BFD3.4.5.28 Release Notes

The about box says it’s version 3.0.6.22. I don’t know if this is newer or older than the one I downloaded the other day when I last posted about this. I only know that Finder told me the one I already had on my drive was newer than the one I was trying to overwrite it with.

1 Like

When should we expect native silicon AAX? Drew please provide ‘some’ guidance on expectations, is this being worked on, is it planned in the next 6 months, is there anything you can share?

1 Like

Hi guys! Can someone explain to me what’s the current state of affairs?

Will BFD3 work with logic in native mode on a m2 mac mini?

PLEASE…can we have an up date on Native AAX support is there some licensing issue with Avid or such that is preventing this?, is there a plan to provide it at some point?

1 Like

Thanks. Replying so I can PM Drew. Why not just give us your address Drew

Drew, can we please have update on AAX native support, is there a plan to support that in the future?

1 Like

Heya. I’ve been away on paternity leave for a month or so. Back now.

AAX native is on the cards, but it isn’t something we are actively looking at this moment. We’ve got a lot of things on. AAX work beginning in 2024.

BFD3 will work with everything on M1 right now except PT and Cubase 12.

2 Likes

When I get info on BFD3 it comes up showing 3.4.5 not 3.4.5.28. Is the .28 silent or do I need to download 3.4.5 again to get 3.4.5.28?

Also, I’m doing fine on a Mac Studio M2.

Any word on compatibility with Mac Sonoma?

When you click on Help/About, you should see your version and build.

Also, if you open the licence manager and click on BFD3, it should say 3.4.5.28 in the Installed Version tab.

Steve

1 Like

Thank you.Thank you.Thank you.Thank you.Thank you.Thank you.Thank you.

1 Like

BFD3.4.528 works under Sonoma just as it did under Ventura. To use plugged into Cubase means you’re launching Cubase 12 with Rosetta 2. For it to work with silicon directly will mean both VST3 and silicon-ready (IE: eg., Vienna Suite VST 3 are not silicon-ready). AU/Component working in VE Pro 7 Rosetta 2 version.

Hi there,

New member ~ First post [So hello to all & I hope this is posted in the right section]

About to purchase BFD3 and wanting any users or Mods to confirm that this latest build works on Logic Pro X AU Silicon Native? [M1 Mac Studio macOS Monterey]
Also has anyone had it load via Rosetta AAX in Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9 ?

Cheers in advance

Hi Drew!
First let me congratulate you an send my best wishes for your (new?) fatherhood.
I just wanted to ask where on the priority list a VST3 version of BFD3 is placed.
Before this is done I honestly don’t see any use in investing in any expansions or anything else for the inMusic ecosystem.

I don’t know what you have on, but it seems to me that your software working on the professionally most used DAW’S (PT and Cubase/Nuendo) should be a priority?
I hope this will not be an endless wait. Can you give us any indication on when VST3 it will be available?

cheers, Stefan

I could be wrong but I think it won’t be until BFD4 that you’ll get VST3 and that’s not until the end of next year at least.

I don’t understand why PT, Cubase and Nuendo feel the need to drop VST2 rather than make it compatible with both.
I read in a post here a few days ago that BFD3 is working fine in the latest version of Cubase though.

Steve

Hey Steve!
Concerning Cubase it has to do with how Steinberg implemented multi-cpu usage and other technologies regarding the Apple Silicon mode. It can be run via rosetta in Cubase. I just don’t understand why one would make the apple silicon version without providing the vst3 compatibility alongside.
So any projects from now on will have to go without BFD, which is a shame, as I am eager to work in native apple mode but also would love to use BFD : /
That’s why I asked for a timeline. End of last year at least doesn’t sound pleasing :cry:
I think I read the same post but it seemed like a workaround messing up with the licensing and needed a wrapper of some sort ( I think a bluecat one)… I don’t know. I guess that won’t do it for I want to gain speed AND stability with the move to native apple mode. Anyway I was hoping that VST3 was coming sooner. I think VST2 was declared a dying standard more then 10 years ago…so…

cheers,
Stefan

1 Like

It’s a very slow death which I’m kind glad about.
I can’t afford to be upgrading all my software.

Steve

Looking forward to VST3 compatibility for Apple silicon and Cubase.

Just upgraded to Apple Silicon, did a 3.4.5.28 install. So, am I correct the AAX on Apple Si is still not a thing yet? How are you working with BFD in recent PT? I’d rather not host in VE Pro if I can get away from it, now that Kontakt and PT seem well behaved (so far). I could do BlueCat, but I haven’t really played with the routing. I’d still rather do my mixing in PT than some other app. I doubt I’ll be doing Rosetta if there’s any way at all I can avoid it.

1 Like

You still need Rosetta for AAX with Apple Silicon.

1 Like