BFD3.4.4.31 Release Notes

All is well in the world again. I have my drums back.

3 Likes

Hey Drew, really appreciate all the hard work. I remember reading somewhere that the next release would be M1 compatible. I can’t see it in the notes. Is it still in the works?
Thanks again

Yep working on it! We hit a snag with some 3rd party code that needs to be updated before we can go to beta. But it is in progress, and there isn’t too much more work to do.

3 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated.

This is good. As things currently stand BFD (latest version ) does not function within Digital Performer running Apple Silicon Native, whereas all others plugins I own except three from Boz work perfectly under Rosetta within DP Native. BFD crashes the MOTU audio engine.

As an aside, I am wondering how I can gain access to my BFD 1 and BFD2 data; it is all installed on my Mac, and the License manager finds it, but doesn’t seem to offer a way for me to activate my licenses for these and a couple of add ons I picked up along the way.

Thanks!

@HCMarkus You need replacement serials for BFD1+2 (Eldorado + London Sessions). Add the new serials to the LM and download the content. You can’t use the old Fxpansion BFD1+2 content. Different libraries by name. Read this:

Dear Mr. Bender:

Very kind you are. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I’ll be sure to reach out to Drew once a version of BFD is released that will run properly on my Mac Studio within Digital Performer Apple Silicon Native.

Have a great one , and thanks again!

1 Like

What?
So we’ll need to redownload all the same content for BFD1+2 to use it, as it has a different name now…
Balls, I’ve just moved out to the sticks with rubbish connection… :roll_eyes:

@trax It’s not that they have different names now because of BFD Drums/inMusic … those replacement expansions have been around for years. This is just a workaround for being able to use those legacy products that are no longer supported and weren’t eligible products to be migrated with the transition to inMusic.

1 Like

So far so good on Monterey 12.4 Late 2013 Mac Pro both standalone and AAX

2 Likes

I have BFD3 3.4.4 build 29. Do I need to update to 3.4.4 build 31?

Yes you should. There were a few bugs in build 3.4.4.29 that the latest fixes.Most notably, routing settings not being recalled.

Do you know how I can download the latest version o BFD3? My license manager presents no way to download anything. The downloads tab has nothing in it so I can’t download the latest version.

The downloads page shows what’s currently downloading.

Try the products page. Select BFD3 from your products, and then in the lower part of the page you should have a Download button to the right.

1 Like

Hi, please help

Since upgrading to version 3.4.4.31 the .dll doesn’t work. The standalone won’t even load, just saying it’s there but it can’t load?? Also, in Cubase I got one message saying “we can no longer use 32 bit VST” or something similar.

I’m certainly no developer and a lot of the stuff that goes back and forth on here is right over my head, but I’m no dunce and can understand a system. But to have a 64-bit piece of software not install a 64-bit .dll seems illogical captain.

It used to be the case that you could load some software and it would work. Especially after you’ve paid a shed load of money to get the ‘good’ stuff. So frustrating.

Thanks

I’m also unable to authorise after moving from from an Intel machine to an M1 (Montery):

If Safari is used by the BFDLM to log into the InMusic account, the web page hangs; I set my default browser to Chrome, it logs in successfully.

BFDLM then reports authorising BFD successfully; but upon launching the stand-alone BFD application, the programme is disabled with the message: “No license file was found.” If I re-launch BFDLM, the BFD software is shown as authorised in the “Installed Products” tab; but in the “Registered Products” tab, the authorisation status is red: “Not authorized (no license file found)”. Each time I launch the BFDLM, it prompts me to “authorize” (sic) BFD3, which I indulge, after which the all-clear is given and then…same thing. Infinite loop.

I’ve spent the day trying everything from each thread, including deleting every BFD-related file from all my mass storage. At one point, I was able to get the stand-alone to launch; but after I added content, it went back to “no license file was found.”

Drew, you’re a hero for personally participating in this thread. I understand that this situation is out of your control, and sincerely appreciate your efforts here. I look forward to getting back with BFD as soon as this business of ferrets is resolved. (Fender Bender, that avatar looks familiar.)

1 Like

I am in the exact same boat as you on the eternal reauthorise loop with no luck. It “authorises” in LM then as soon as I open BFD3 it has the “no authorisation found” message you have. What is weird is that the first time I opened BFD3 in stand alone it worked? I closed it and opened reaper and it haven’t worked again. Same just got an M1 and running Monterrey

I have the same “no license found problem”. Had to do a windows reinstall and the BFD3 re-install won’t authorize. I went back to an old version, hopefully there will be a fix eventually.

I am the same. I did a complete wondows re-install in an attempt to fix a BFD issue that I wasn’t getting any answer about. Now I can’t even authorise.

Can I ask, has anyone had any response back from support@bfddrums.com recently? I’ve been trying to get a response since early last week and I’m getting nothing, not even a confirmation that they have had my email.

Thanks

Update on this. Got a message back from helpdesk, all sorted now.

1 Like