There is a new public version of BFD3, version number 220.127.116.11. Please read these release notes thoroughly.
*** BFD3.4.4 WILL require ALL users to re-authorize their software.
Make sure you have installed BFD18.104.22.168 and make sure you are running BFD License Manager version 22.214.171.124.
Please ensure you are logged into the BFD License Manager before attempting to authorize.
if you cannot re-authorize, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ***
BFD3.4.4 addresses stability and performance issues, including overall robustness of the software unlock licensing system. It introduces a license auto-refresh mechanism to alleviate user concerns with the system. As long as you are online and logged into your inMusic profile via the BFD License Manager, the system will auto-refresh licenses silently in the background as required.
If you are an offline user, you will be able to see when licenses will need to be rechecked.
The following improvements to the authentication system have been made:
- Added separate tabs for installed and registered products to BFD License Manager. No internet connection is necessary to see license status of installed products (BFD License Manager can now start when offline). If there was an error contacting the server, registered products tab will show an appropriate error message.
- BFD3 and BFD License Manager will auto-refresh licenses in background on startup and when refreshing products list in BFD License Manager
- BFD License Manager will now display time until license has to be refreshed (especially useful for users that are offline most of the time) as well as more detailed license status
- misc UI fixes and improvements
But please do note - users HAVE to be signed into the license manager, even when offline. If you logout, your authorizations will stop working. This does not affect product ownership.
Detailed Release notes - BFD - Version BFD3.4.4
BFD3 - Hot Fixes In BFD126.96.36.199
- BFD Support URL’s redirected to new support portal
- Meter when muted variable not booting up from preference start
- Kick microphones routing breaking when anything is changed
BFD3 - New Features
- UTF-16 character support for user accounts on windows
- Mixer shows meters even when channels are muted
- Mute+Solo behaviour improved - implied solo logic is now more modern and intuitive
BFD License Manager - Bug Issues Resolved
- Crash when poor internet connection causes Product List Refresh to fail
- User reporting that License Manager cannot connect in China
- License manager not responding
- License Manager says Expansions are not Authorized
BFD3 - Bug Issues Resolved
- BFD3 enabled despite license being expired (Win only)
- Rapid DAW transport start-stop stress test can crash BFD
- The ‘produce diagnostic report’ button in the preferences causes an error
- Only some tracks meters are active when soloing
- Solo mute representation appears to be incorrect
- Imply-Soloed upstream sends is incorrect: bug Hearing too many channels on a buss
- Ambient send level not restored with processed kitpiece
- macOS BFD3 Uninstaller within BFD LM fails to launch due to incorrect path
- Inconsistency in output assignments
- BFD3 quits unexpectedly during “Migrate Now”
- Keyboard shortcuts not working when BFD is plugin in Ableton Live 11, win10
- Long mac path support (was: BFD3 AU causes crash while launching in Logic Pro)
- User reporting incorrect thumbnails and overlapping KP graphics
- Drag Exporting grooves with “Export Audio not MIDI” causes freeze
- DAW crashes when loading in a processed sample
- Loading BFD2 presets does not recall ambient mic routings correctly
- BFD3 has been disabled after updating to 188.8.131.52 in macOS Monterey
- Resetting preferences sets profile drop-down to “Economy detail 16 bit”
- Unable to run on Windows 10 accounts with Japanese characters
- BFD3 notes getting randomly choked during playback
- Kit/Preset loading progress bars not finalising
- Projects crash when using multiple instances in Reaper, Studio One, Ableton Live
- Fixed a crash when loading presets.
- crash on rescan all with non paths
- drag kit piece creates slot but doesn’t load.
- hihat audition strip in KP inspector silent in “all artics” mode until another artic is selected
- Effects A-B switch bug
- Fixed Null chan pointer dereference when connecting mics to kitpiece - channel name matching
- Fixed Damping code low pass term storage made assumption that right channel index was +1 left channel index
- Fixed credits box bug.
- Fixed Apple empty date string reinterpretation issue
BFD - Task Issues Resolved
- MIDI Map panel keyboards: vector drawn, less frenetic
- Resize midi map artic list when GUI is big
- BFD should tell users to go online to recheck license if there is 20 or fewer days until license expiry
- Add preference / menu item for Meter When Muted
This is what happens on MacOS Monterey, Macbook Pro, License Manager version 184.108.40.206,
Any suggestions? It just jumps straight to that message within 2 seconds, does not even attempt to download anything?
@deangersmith X out the updates from the LM and manually delete them from your downloads location, restart the LM and try again?
Hey, I actually just had the same problem. The reason was because I didn’t have the drive for my BFD3 downloads mounted. That was the issue for me. It downloaded fine when I tried again after mounting.
Hey bro, thank you, that worked a treat. I didn’t have the drive connected either. Awesome!
Was gonna say, I did test it before announcement!
So in LM my downloads folder is set to an external drive (where the content is), which is where I set it to, all good. But the BFD programme/app is installed locally, on my internal ssd, it wouldn’t download until I connected the external ssd, but then once I do, it downloads the BFD3 programme to my download folder on the internal ssd
Fyi, after installing the update, I was not prompted to re-authorize for some reason… LM did show everything authorized and BFD3 standalone loaded fine.
I was kinda confused so, I signed out of LM and back in. It took me to inMusic, but there was an error signing in. However, the LM and BFD3 were fine. It was all just very unexpected behavior.
I just X’d out the download and chose the downloads path again in LM prefs with the correct drive mounted. It may revert the downloads folder to the default location, if the drive for another location is not present.
I’ve been seeing some funny behaviour today too, kit piece images loading as microphones in the mixer etc, I haven’t wanted to report anything yet as I restarted everything and it seems fine again, but from seeing them load correctly and then 5 minutes later showing as microphones and having no sound coming from the kit, it’s a bit weird, some other stuff too. I’ll keep testing and see whether there’s anything solid to report.
If you previously installed 220.127.116.11 and did all the auth stuff then when upgrading to .31, you wouldn’t need to redo it. Totally expected! No need to sign out.
Missing hard-drive or data-paths???
I can’t se how they were missing as I was busy using BFD, then stepped away for 20mins, came back and loaded a different kit and then the microphones showed up, so I tried a few different kits and got the same thing in DAW and Standalone, I rebooted and everything was okay again, so can’t really nail it down to BFD right now.
Been going through the list of bug fixes and one I have found to be producing an error is - * The ‘produce diagnostic report’ button in the preferences causes an error. It’s strange as the path it is showing mentions WiFi/WiFi Manager/wifi-buf 05-15-2018_10:21:46.912 what ever that is lol, and I can’t find the zip in the path it points to.
I’ve encountered a new wee quirk. When using the search field for a drum, if you start typing, matching drums will show underneath. Up until .31 a simple mouse click would suffice to select the drum. But now with .31 I see that the first click just “moves focus(?)” from the search field to the results list, a very brief “Searching…” message pops up and the first item in the list is selected.
This is especially disorienting in the following situation: One can scroll the results list using the mouse wheel while the caret is still in the search field. So when they find the drum they want and click on it, the list changes in the blink of an eye and a completely different drum is highlighted. (the first of the results list)
ALL OF MY AUTHS — GONE. And this is my main production machine. (Thank you very much)
I installed the newest version on my Mac 30 min ago. Then, after everything went fine, I installed on my PC and immediately lost all of my authorizations on everything — including the extension kits.
Error msg says: “Maximum simultaneous authorizations reached”. HOWEVER, I’m only using some of those extras on this computer alone, meaning: I haven’t reached even ONE (friggin’) authorization, you…(grumble, grumble).
I did everything right as instructed and the way I have always done with previous installs. But apparently my auth files are gone — even though I was using them yesterday with an earlier version of BFD3.
Should I expect help or just get out of the music business while I’m still ahead?
(The BFD3 auth system is fatally flawed if it destroys the existing authorizations of paying customers in its efforts to hunt down cracked versions of the software.)
Expect help, definitely @BFD_Drew
If they can fix it at their end, they will. That you even have to do this tho is the fatal flaw in this system. That this is a user to user forum and we keep on having to call on inMusic/BFD staff because of their own ridiculous LM system is ridiculous.
I suspect you will get this fixed for sure, but I’d start looking at saving for other options. After a year of asking, there isnt even merest of hints that the licensing system will be changed in regards to checking up on already fully authorised customers.
You’re just going to have to go on faith that this will improve.
EDIT: This is another reason why I’ve just stopped installing updates. There is no way back if it breaks, just gotta wait for someone at HQ to check the forum instead.
Did you read the release notes? Clearly pre-warned everyone about this. Unfortunately in some cases this is going to happen, and we’re going to have to reset all your auths. This is because of old bugs, which have now been fixed. It won’t happen again.
Unfortunately, you’ve set your forum email to one that is different your inMusic Profile account, which means I can’t just go in and fix this for you. Please private message me your inMusic Profile email, and I’ll go in and reset all your old auths.
What happens when/if, due to unforeseen circumstances, you cant be here, Drew? How stuck are people going to be?
Is everyone now expected to read all release notes on a forum thats mainly for user to user feedback before installing any updates? I thought I’d answer my own question by updating.
No warning in the installer that this requires re-authorisation.
EDIT: Uninstalled. Logged out. LM gone.
Just to follow up on this for the viewing public at home:
There is no warning of what I experienced, nor any way that I could have avoided it.
I was told that I ran out of authorizations error code: #403002, I think. And I got that by doing this, from the release notes:
“As long as you are online and logged into your inMusic profile via the BFD License Manager, the system will auto-refresh licenses silently in the background as required.”
This was not my experience, and I don’t know why. The only thing is that I was using the 2nd last version, not the latest version of BFD3 on that machine.
In short, this is not my fault. I did nothing wrong except try to use the software and update it online.
The company needs to decide whether it’s more important to stop crackers than it is to ensure a smooth user-friendly experience for its customers. I understand that there is an issue. But ironically, I have NEVER had to reauthorize BFD2 since the first time I installed it in…2008 or so. That, to me, is how BFD3 should work. After all, I paid for it.