I had little luck on Win10 (20H2) moving to 18.104.22.168 - while it did run, I some of my paid-for kits were missing.
Luckily, I had BFD 3.3.latest plugin DLL from FXpansion still on my VST Plugins dir, so I just deleted the bfddrums.com version, and could use all my kits etc.
So tonight I said I’d see if there was a later version from bfddrums.com - and there is - 22.214.171.124.
However, now, I’m getting a crash dump every time I launch BFD - both Standalone and Plugin (and it takes Ableton down badly, have to kill it).
Looking at the dump created, Visual Studio tells me “The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.”
Guys - you seriously need to up your game here… Don’t build crap on top of crap! Rip the guts out of whatever is broken here, please! I’d rather see stuff breaking due to oversimplification, and subsequent fixes for edge cases, than breaking due to building crap on crap…
Hi, I thought maybe the dumps would have been useful, but as I try to attach the two files:
2021.06.07 2128_25 BFD3 Crash.dmp
2021.06.07 2128_25 BFD3 Crash.txt
I get this message from this site:
“Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, heic, heif, webp, bfddownload).”
Just to make the point again - Visual Studio tells me “The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.”
Trying to debug your DLL in Visual Studio - best I can get from the debugger without the symbol table is:
Unhandled exception at 0x00000001806F4C4F (BFD3.dll) in 2021.06.07 2128_25 BFD3 Crash.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000. occurred
I’ve also profiled BFD.exe in depends.exe (https://www.dependencywalker.com/) - same message:
First chance exception 0xC0000005 (Access Violation) occurred in “BFD3.DLL” at address 0x00000001806F4C4F by thread 1.
Good news - I got a new copy in my inbox this morning from Alexander in support - BFD3.4.2 - well done chaps, it connects it downloads and works stand alone and as a Pro Tools plugin ! Not tested in great anger yet but at least things are booting up and making noises. I took the opportunity of fitting a brand new SSD drive and moved all audio and groove files I could find scattered about into it - then asked BFD to only scan the new drive. So far all is good - many thanks for the tireless work you guys must have gone through ! Faith restored
The “Virtual Address” it’s writing to is a Memory Location, rather than a Call Home thing where the Address would be a web address…
Not done C++ stuff in over 20 years, but this for me is a coding bug. I have just one version of BFD3.dll installed, I can see it’s the correct version… But yeah, I’ll try again once a new patch is released…
So i had delayed moving and registering to new Inmusic website, downloading new licence manager and the latest BFD3 4.1.11 release…did it last night and wished I hadnt. Hours of work to get back to even a basic running system and only managed to by eliminating paths to old content. So lost investment in kits, expansion packs Nick Mason included, massive BFD2 grove library. What happened??? Content path scanning just froze hitting BFD2 folders and couldnt get Nick Mason kit to load. Only got a basic BFD3 running by selecting content by folder and eliminating anything below BFD3. Have to say wished hadnt touched it at all. Is there plans to fix this or do I need to try and reverse the lot out?
Yeah, this is just awful software design. If it has that limitation, it should guide us to do things the way they need it to be done, or, better yet, remove that limitation. So much software updates, installs, and doesn’t complain about being unable to update itself because it was running.
I need some help here. I’ve been trying to find someone, anyone that could help me get my BDF products up and running again. I found the InMusic website, but I cannot get my BFD license manager to find any of libraries. I do have the latest version of the software: Version 126.96.36.199
There are a couple of things going on here. First, my email address was changed quite some time ago Second, where I store my BFD files has changed as well.
So when I go to update my libraries, it says none are registered. I have searched for info under my original email address as well as my current email address. I have tried to register my serial number at InMusic - nothing works there, it keeps bouncing me back to the BFD site, which in turn, bounces me back t inMusic.
I began this journey to repair BFD over 2 years ago … at least I found this site to ask for help …
And btw, I am running an older Mac Pro, OS 10.13.6
Welcome @rosindabow. Since you’re new here, follow these instructions so you can gain the ability to PM.
Once you’ve done that, send a PM to @BFD_Drew and explain that your FXpansion and inMusic email addresses are not the same and you want to merge them. Alternatively, you can also try and contact either BFD, or inMusic support and explain your situation. That should fix your issue.
Just a note… you cannot register any BFD serials on your inMusic account page. Any BFD products get registered through the License Manager only. Your inMusic page will display your products, but you cannot add serials to it. A little confusing, but that’s what it is.