BFD3.4.1.11 released

Steve.

I use reason (amongst some others).

I actually don’t see how a subscription can save anyone money. It’s a constant outlay and it’s never yours.

At this rate I can see actual musicians going back to reel to reel (I still have my eight track - and a few spare parts).

reason has stated that the software can still be owned - but for how long? is anyone’s guess.

Neil

2 Likes

People smarter than me have done the math. It’s always more money for the customer.

Yes, that was the case. My impression from the forums was that there weren’t too many takers on the subscription. I was a Cakewalk Sonar user for years until we got f%^&d by Gibson. I switched to Cubase and am quite happy I did.
I installed Cakewalk by Bandlab but don’t use it. I just noticed they will now be requiring users to login from within Cakewalk to use it. Time to uninstall. I’ll use my old Sonar to pull up old projects and ideas to transfer to Cubase.

No to a subscription for me too. The problem with a subscription is that unless you render all parts to audio you cannot leave a subscription and have the important parts you have programmed. At least with a bought program you can retain that version of the product to keep projects alive. It also means that if you leave the subscription you wouldn’t be able to alter the parts. Which is no good to any one. It might be easy to swap a compressor but not the complications of a sampled drum program.

2 Likes

BFD3 stand alone works but not the plug-in. I receive the error message “BFD3 has been disabled because You are not logged into your inMusic account.”

**Update Fix
Little Snitch was blocking LM in Logic Pro, I changed the rule and the plugin works except for the BFD1 & 2 content isn’t authorized.

Maybe someone else has LS or another firewall program blocking the DAW.

BFD3 v3.4.1.11
License Manager 3.0.1.3
Logic Pro
Catalina 10.15.7

2 Likes

This is good info that other people could benefit from. You should probably make a separate post that highlights the potential fix in the title so more people see it.
Glad you got things working.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion SF_Green, I just created another post with the info.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry - fingers were flying to fast. All good here.

Yep. Not gonna do the subscription thing. Ever.

2 Likes

Nothing working at all since migration - License manager V 3.0.1.3 logs in then window pops with “our server was unable to process the request. Please try again shortly. server message: Could not retrieve registered SKUs”

Then another window "Could not connect to the server. Please try again shortly.

Been trying for days, havecontacted support - no answers - what do i do ?

Have you checked your firewall to see if it’s being blocked or do you have any other software that blocks programs calling home?

Steve

Thanks for the suggestion Steve - Just checked the firewall - BFD file manager and standalone etc. are set to Private and Public and set to allow through. Ive presumed I don’t need to re-boot the computer to engage those setting but will try again anyway.

Ged

Take my advice and go back to 3.3 and wait for this disaster to blow over.

1 Like

As @dysamoria pointed out, “The old license manager won’t work any more at some point, probably soon. This was stated in their FAQ. FXpansion authorization servers won’t be maintained because they no longer own BFD.”

I had thought it would have happened sooner but maybe they can’t decommission the old licence manager while they’re waiting for the entire user base to migrate, if so that should buy you sometime.

Steve

So I updated. Wasn’t going to, not broke/don’t fix, but I wanted to see about the online requirement.
The first thing that happened launching standalone was I was made to log it at inMusic. It worked, it’s working. Generally I’m not made to use the keychain but the first start of the day. So it’s not any difference I can tell before say tomorrow. But nothing is particularly botched here so far.

1 Like

This is very encouraging! Thanks for rollin’ up your sleeves and getting tish done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Drew - in total frustration I have wiped all the BFD content from Inmusic and now re - dowloaded the license manager 3.0.1.3 all iam getting is -

“Our server was unable to process the request.Please try again shortly
server message: could not retrieve registered SKUs”

Then another window -
“Could not connect to server.Please try again shortly”

I have been trying for days to get this thing up and running again,migrated the files last week and cannot whatever I try and whatever suggestions I get from blog get this thing going.

Please can you help me ?

Ok, standalone works no problem with wifi off. Plugin in VE Pro has had audio rendered, been able to save preset and save automap, save VEP project with no balk.

This is VE Pro 7.0.1056, OSX 15.6.

Hi Drew,
I was hoping this update would sort out my BFD1 and BFD2 data also???

Apparently not.
It is a real mess over here.
Regards,
Matt

This is a separate issue of serial numbers. Drew should be able to provide you with up to date ones if you PM him.

Steve