BFD3.4.1.11 released

sent
let me know if you got it

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Iā€™m on MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2017, Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

After first attempt to dā€™load/install BFD3.4.1.11, License Mgr showed a previous version of BFD.

I shut down the computer and rebooted the license mgr, which after reboot showed the updated version in place (I didnā€™t have to do anything). BFD works great now. Standalone operations are snappy.

Thanks BFD!

1 Like

Same here. I had to log in again to the web site, but, nothing worked until restarted the Mac. Now it seems fine.

Yeah, other than the offline business that theyā€™re working on, 3.4.1.11 has worked fine for me on Mac. It took an install and a reboot, or maybe a 2nd install. But after that it was fine.

Hopefully (not speaking too soon).

I took the plunge (against my better judgement) more in frustration than anything.

Iā€™m on Windows 10 - stuck on 1909. Lots of issues with the pc alone. But all went well with the update, and I have to say not really any glitches, apart from in BFD 3 manager when asked to press the play button nothing happens. Although the files have been downloaded to the downloads folder.

One thing I took notice of was the default install settings on the installer - using the old fxpansion path to BFD3. I changed it to the new BFD Drums folder in program files.

Iā€™ve finished up having to re start twice. Though I do seem to have two installation options in BFD3 licence manager. That in itā€™s self I hope continues at least for a few update builds as it does give the option of returning to an earlier version.

Iā€™ve still not removed/un installed/de registered any of my previous fxpansion bfd stuff due to past efforts in trying to do so with serious errors happening within my computer.

Still - The update, for me, went better than expected.

So - big thumbs up to Drew, and the team, for seemingly making it as painless as possible.

Up to now - Iā€™ve not noticed anything out of place or un expected.

Neil.

1 Like

Dead in the water here. Keeps telling me Iā€™m not logged in to my InMusic account. BFD Vers. 3.4.1.11, License manager vers. 3.0.30.15.

BFD3 took a while to set up after installation, I thought it has crashed as I kept getting the ā€˜circle of despairā€™ and ā€˜BFD3 not respondingā€™ message and forced closure a couple of times via the task manager but after a few times and a laptop reboot itā€™s now running.

As reported by everyone else, it still wonā€™t run if I log off the internet so thatā€™s a serious bug that hasnā€™t been fixed.

Other thing Iā€™ve noticed is that now, every time I start BFD3, itā€™s telling me that, 'no available sound driver is on my system and audio output will be disabled.

Iā€™m testing BFD3 on my laptop here so Iā€™m using asio4all but the previous build had no issues.
However, despite the warning message, it does still work after 20 seconds or so.

Steve

Hello Steve63.

Yeah I get the no sound card issue - but after a few seconds it opens with my usual selected sound card.

I think - but canā€™t confirm - itā€™s a windows issue on my computer, as other programs are doing the same in stand alone.

Neil

I think you mean 3.0.0.15. There is a newer version of License Manager which will fix issue. Make sure License manager is closed and re-run installer, this should install LM version 3.0.1.3.

Not sure if itā€™s a windows issue, both my laptop and desktop both have windows 10 fully updated but having just installed the update on my desktop, itā€™s only giving me the message on the laptop which is what Iā€™d expected.

I think you need to sort out your windows issues in order to establish what are, and what arenā€™t BFD3 bugs. It sounds like youā€™re having a hard time of it from your posts.

I just noticed there is a new version of asio4all (April 2021) so if youā€™re using that you might try updating it as Iā€™m about to. It is a beta version though but the one prior to that was February if you donā€™t want the beta.

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve.

Iā€™ve had the sound card issue before I even migrated the BFD stuff. so on my machine thereā€™s definitely a windows issue. But - the no audio card recognised splash screen has only just started popping up on this update (I hadnā€™t noticed it previously, or took any notice of it before as BFD3 worked).

But yeah. The computer is a old - and a mess. But at the end of the day you can only use what computer you happen to use.

New build underway but 7+ week backlog, and thatā€™s if all parts are available.

I havenā€™t noticed any other outwardly issues with BFD3 itā€™s self up to now.

Neil.

Is your a desktop or laptop Neil?

Iā€™m only getting it on my laptop and thought it might be something to with asio4all so updated to the new version which was a big mistake but still getting the error so it fixed noting.

Steve

Hi Steve.

Desktop.

Presonus 16 4 2 live ai desk (firewire) Universal control Presonus firestudio. (main sound card).

It seems windows wants to choose my sound card (which is bloody frustrating), thereā€™s no option in windows to let me choose the sound card. Windows wants to choose the best sound card (in itā€™s opinion - But sadly windows is wrong). After quite a few months of doing this itā€™s mainly decided that the presonus firstudio option is the best option, although every now and again windows will turn off my sound card and and refused to show me the firestudio option.

After a re start it comes back with no issues - until windows throws another wobbler.

I donā€™t know if that explanation helps.

But Iā€™m quite sure the good chaps at microsoft are doing their best to ballā€™s up everyoneā€™s computer.

A new version every eighteen months is no good to ordinary folk who canā€™t afford to keep up with their changes for profit.

Neil

So as well as being a mixer itā€™s your sound card? Could it be a firewire issue?

Does it show up in the control panel/sound settings?
If so can you set it to your default and disable other sound devices like on board audio?

Steve

Firewireā€¦

Windows has dropped firewire support, as Iā€™m sure you know already, its rendered my audio interface a danger to my system and I had to remove it. Focusrite dropped support and its been a battle against mounting BSOD with every new update of Windows.

It took me a while to track down the issue but I was pretty sure it was the Focusrite Firewire driver. Using this confirmed it - Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed, automatic crash dump analyzer which I had to use as Windows would crash too quickly to properly register want the problem was.

Its a disgustingly wasteful thing but Focusrite did at least offer me a 50% trade in deal, but Iā€™m more tempted to go with another manufacturer.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Hi Steve.

Yeah - done all that, bought the t shirt. Windows is a mind unto itā€™s own (it would seem)

I checked the firewire situation (and it doesnā€™t seem to be).

On another (crappy) computer I have the presonus audio box which is usb - windows also does the same with that.

The tascam 1641 is very tricky so I donā€™t tend to use that, and the Soundcraft signature multitrack 12 desk (both usb) is better with windows (for assignment) but I prefer the presonus 16 4 2 ai.

Neil

Hi maximumdembo

Iā€™m still looking in to it.

Though with my new build, although Iā€™m having firwire installed, Iā€™ also having thunderbolt installed.

I hate the thought of all my gear being put on the scrap heap, but technology is being moved too fast for us lesser mortals.

Neil

2 Likes

Subscriptions: There is nothing else more certain to guarantee that I never use the product or spend money at the company ever again. DO NOT GO THERE, BFD.

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m not keen, I think cakewalk did this with bandlab for a while but now itā€™s completely free but I donā€™t see BFD going that far.

A couple of articles I just found that Iā€™ll read more of when I get time but might be interesting.

Iā€™m sure Cakewalk offered it as a choice, you could either buy they full software for the normal price or just pay a monthly fee for when you actually use it.

Sounds a bit like a finance deal where you end up spending far more in the end. :thinking:

Steve

1 Like