BFD Crash (Logic Pro X)

Thanks very much! I had tried rescanning drives to reconnect to my various BFD libraries - everything worked fine in standalone but not in Logic. I tried deleting everything BFD off my computer and reinstalling from scratch on a brand new drive. Everything seems to work in both standalone and in Logic. It is still buggy with unexplained crashes periodically but it works. BFD Player is much less buggy so I have hope for BFD 4.

I’m repeating myself from other posts about crashes, but I had success with deleting the bfd preferences file. There actually was a fix in the latest build, but I think I still wound up deleting it anyways. You just have to be mindful of any important settings you wish to retain and also have a BU of the file. Worth a shot.

Sorry to hear you had to work so hard to recover the bfd system.

It is a message to the developers: BFD 3 crashes Logic in case a path of one or more libraries is wrongly set or not valid anymore, for instance after changing a hard drive etc.

Shouldn’t be to complicated to fix

I was thinking about deleting the preference file but could not find I on my M1 system. Any suggestions?

The path for me is, Users/Library/Application Support/BFD3/BFD3_user_preferences.pref

Hello,

I’m having the following issue with BFD 3.4 in Logic 10.7.9, Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.1:

I already started a new project and unticked MIDI 2.0, however it doesn’t solve the issue:

I’m trying to run BDF on a Mac Mini M2, 24GB (Ventura 13.5). It’s crashing out after 4 or 5 seconds (plugin and standalone). I’ve tried uninstalling it completely (including deleting all BDF folders and files) and then re-installing, but I’m still unable to run it successfully.
Has anyone any idea how I could get it running on my system, or am I attempting the impossible?