Apple M1 support

Softube now has M1 support. 6 down 3 to go.

I’m really hoping BFD comes out with M1 support soon!

Thanks for this information. It’s good to have this kind of feedback for customers. Not announcing dates for availability is understandable, so long as there’s still an outward sign of progress being made, and what that looks like.

I’m currently proposing that we start a dev blog, so we can quickly get information and tidbits out to people, without having to wait for the juggernaut.

3 Likes

I’ve spoken to the devs and have made it known that VST3 and M1 support are priorities after the next 3.4.4 update is released (which addresses robustness in the software unlock and fixes some bugs in the software)

There are threats to do an experimental M1 build and put it out to beta. I’ll let you know more once I know more.

3 Likes

Hi,
I would be in for a beta as I have now two M1 Macs (Mini and MacBook Air). I could test it on one of those machines.

BFD is literally the last plugin I need to be native, all my other stuff works is either native or works with Logics Rosetta-bridge in Logic native (or whatever you may call it), only BFD is blank :frowning:
And I could testdrive VST3, too as I’m using Cubase 12 Pro, not primarily, but it’s there :wink:

Let me know, if I can join the beta-circle and what I’d have to do for it.

Hi Jan,
see this…

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

2 Likes

Thank, didn’t see that post. I just applied for being part of the beta team. Fingers crossed :wink:

I’m hoping M1 support is soon!! I’m having withdrawals from BFD…

1 Like

Yes, all my third-party plug-ins and virtual instruments are natively supported, only bfd3 is not

Dev sent a screenshot tail end of last week, showing BFD3 running natively on an M1 machine. Still got some fat binary development work to finish off, and to implement some 3rd party DSP effects that we licensed for BFD3, which we want to continue to support.

11 Likes

Thanks again for the flawless customer updates.

That’s top of the shelf communication

It’s good to hear progress is being made…

Please add Retina/HiDPI graphics support for BFD3.

Thanks.

That isn’t on the cards for BFD3 I’m afraid.

Currently running an internal M1 build here. Shouldn’t be too much longer before it hits the beta team, and then usually 1-2 weeks after that, we make it public (assuming no showstoppers are thrown up!)

7 Likes

Yay, thanks for these news. I’m so looking forward to it …

I’m excited! It’s great to hear

Fingers crossed, the beta folks will get the M1 build this coming week. touch wood

8 Likes

Will this beta be for Mac users only or will there be changes pertinent to PC users as well?

A few bug fixes I would expect. Need to double check that tomorrow.

1 Like