Apple M1 support

Agreed, there’s a timeliness to everything. (I know this from personal experience.)

Of course, there’s also the added time of learning new software…

Man, it’s so hard to prioritize with the whole www in front of you.

1 Like

It has been changed. FXpansion expected users to purchase a license transfer fee on a per product basis. inMusic don’t.

4 Likes

Interesting, that’s very helpful to know. Thank you Drew and good luck with those Audiounit bugs, hopefully you’ll nail those soon.

Just realised where the confusion came from. A bunch of my sample libraries are platinum samples and they have kept the old FXpansion policy of $50 per product for transfers, very disappointing and frustrating but obviously can’t hold that against BFD/InMusic.

@BFD_Drew Can I also get a beta invite? Need to run in rosetta mode and that breaks some other plugins for me

Hi akc7364

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

and how is the work going?

4 Likes

Can I also get a beta invite?

Hi Yuki and welcome to the BFD forums.

Just follow the thread I linked in response to akc7364 above and you will find the necessary link to apply.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

I completed the application a long time ago and I still have no answer… can anyone who has the beta version tell me if something is happening in the case? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? I haven’t worked at BFD for a year and I feel that our paths are parting…

2 Likes

Just a little thing here with the 3.4.5.10 beta-version for M1. Occasionally, when I am playing, the engine just quits and I hear no sound anymore. Restarting the engine does not solve the problem, it stays mute. The only thing that works is when I restart BFD3. It is annoying, but fortunately not all too frequent. Something that needs fixing, I think.

Everything else works ok, and I am very glad it does. Still waiting for the final release and the AU update.

3 Likes

I’m also in the same situation as you

macbook pro m1 macos Ventura after update - standalone application does not start does anyone have a similar problem?

BFD3 …Testing etc has not been completed for Compatibility…

“We encourage all our users to remain on their current OS until all necessary hardware and software products have been qualified for use with the macOS Ventura operating system.”

BFD | macOS 13 Ventura Compatibility : BFD Drums

1 Like

Seriously… info like this needs to be stickied on this forum. To have a one click-link to all the current and relevant issues would really help out new users to quickly answer their questions.

3 Likes

It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to place a Link to the main BFD KNOWLEDGE BASE.
It is on the Main BFD site…however as with the alesisDRUMMER site…there are many users that have no idea a Knowledge Base exists for products or that it is being rebuilt/updated regularly and just glance over it…the drop down menu has the Forum above it,so most head here first and once here there is no return link .

For example this Topic has a modified update on the Knowledge base dated Dec 9 2022…
I added a link to Apple for Rosetta Setup.

BFD | Mac M1+M2 Compatibility

BFD is not yet natively compatible with computers running Mac’s M1 + M2 ARM chips.

Although BFD3 is not yet natively supported for use with M1 processors, some users have had success using the software with the Rosetta 2 emulator platform. This is an apple-based emulator that allows Intel-based software to run on apple silicon systems. For more details on installing and using Rosetta, please refer to Apple’s setup guide.

1 Like

it’s not about the knowledge base, I’ve been watching this forum for over a year, I know what users struggle with and how to deal with some problems on their own without cluttering the forum. BFD 3.4.4.31 worked natively under Os Ventura after the latest update does not work. I also asked many times for beta versions of Bfd 4… to no avail… it seems to me that a better action is to help users than to teach them that they can’t read the forum

There is currently no beta, or even alfa version of BFD4 I’m afraid.

Steve

BFD is the only software I have been waiting for m1 audio unit support. Personally I have tried to be understanding while waiting but I seem to have got to the point where I no longer am willing to spend money on a product that is having such a difficult time staying up to date. I’ve moved to superior drummer as they do stay up to date.

2 Likes

We’ve put another developer on the M1 case in order to expedite the finalisation of it. I’ll post here when we know more. Thanks for your patience everyone, I know it is annoying. We’ll get there!!

15 Likes