Yamaha dtx 700 midimap

Dear forum,
Does anybody use a Yamaha DTX 700 with BFD?
The mapping with the Hihat does not work very well. The edge does not trigger, and the open and closing is kind of weird, so if anybody uses it, could you please share your mapping file?
Thanks

I believe you will have to assign each instrument using the key map page.

Click on the instrument, hit the pad and then go to “assign”.

Did you try doing that?

Hello , yes I was able to modify the keymap so the edge notes of the module trigger the edge sounds of bfd.
But why doesn’t the factory dtx 700 keymap of bfd work out the box?
The open and closing doesn’t work very well, some open Hihat sounds are triggered, sometimes, even though the pedal is pressed down.
So if someone has a dtx 700 and figured out how to get it working, please let me know

I had the same issue but i could make it work by calibrating over and over again mi hi hat pad.

I dont know how it works with yamaha because i have a Roland TD-17 module.

My problem was that i was getting some open hi hat sounds while pressing the pedal. I was used to get closed hi hat sound just by letting my foot to rest on the pedal.

Check out and try different settings in the module’s brain. It’s a really hard job and sometimes you give up on that. I did it for a while until i got tired of not getting the sound i wanted.

Do you use a hi hat stand it just a hi hat pedal trigger?

Thank you,
Yes I already played around with the settings in the brain.
I think I have to live with it as is.
I found out, that it actually sometimes triggers a hihat tip sound when closing the pedal, so it might be more of a mechanical issue with the hihat trigger.
I am using a real hihat stand with a hh135 trigger

Well, that’s where i found my triggering problems using bfd.

It might sound crazy but i had the hi hat tilted to one side more than the other and that fixed my problem.

Now the hi hat works better but still not the way i want to.

Do you use it as a stand alone or with a daw? If you use a daw there’s a software that detect the hi hat opening range while using drum vst

I use both, standalone, and in Logic.
You can even see in the key map on BFD. There is a Hihat setting, and you can see how wide it is open or closed.
For me, really, the problem is the triggered tip (a#1)when hitting the pedal(g#1).
I will try to play around with the screw, which tilts the Hihat towards one side:-)

Unzip…place the attached map in the Map folder…re-scan System Content.
Windows …C:\ProgramData>BFD Drums>BFD3>System>Maps.
macOS Library>Application Support>BFD Drums>BFD3>System>Maps

I have named it a bit different -2 so as not to conflict with the default map…
See if it helps or fixes the issue…

Yamaha DTX700 - 2.zip (28.0 KB)

Wow, thanks a lot.
I am out of town for 2 weeks, I will reply back again then, thanks again