Why is BDF3 a Pain to Download and Authorize?

I used my birthday card a friend sent to Sweetwater for this software i apparently can’t use. That was over a month ago, and not once has it worked. Even a clean install with Monterey didn’t work. Glad I didn’t pay $300 for this crap. 2018!Intel Mac Mini, i7, 32G ram. Logic, GarageBand, Ableton, and Reaper.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about Macs, maybe someone here can get you up and running. I do know about this software though, and you’re right, it is crap.

Even if you do get it working ask yourself whether you want to continue on this painful path or cut your losses now. You don’t want to end spending thousands like I have on it only to ditch it out of frustration.

As it’s only been a month I would suggest trying to get a refund.

1 Like

Which part of it is not working? It’s a bit convoluted, but does seem to work

1 Like

What part of my post did you not understand? It’s crap! I just read the reviews on Sweetwater and 33% gave it 1 Star: that’s 1/3 of the people who bought it.

1 Like

I’m done with this S%#t!

1 Like

The part I asked you to clarify. Did you manage to get the Stand-alone version working, but not the DAW. Or did you find you couldn’t install the Stand-alone version either?

There are only 12 reviews in total (which is a pretty small pool to judge anything by), a few of which are dated way before inMusic took over.

One of the recent negative reviews is because the user thinks they lost all their presets, grooves and core library, which is probably not what happened at all and assuming they backup their system, those things would be easily recoverable anyways. Another review is basically just saying, BFD3 sucks and to just buy Toontrack instead.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BFD3-e--fxpansion-bfd3-download/reviews

1 Like

Dude, I’ve been using software for almost three decades…so I know sh*t from shinola. BTW: why are so many people HERE in the forum having issues?

1 Like

Hell no. …because it says I’m not authorized! I effing said that!

1 Like

I’m just moving on and putting it in the trash.

1 Like

So many people? I bet if you took a poll, the vast majority would say they are able to use BFD3 on a daily basis without any major issues. A lot of the recent issues seem to do with no native Apple Silicon support yet and maybe some new users who are just getting setup for the first time and figuring out how to iron things out specifically for their rigs.

No software is perfect and drum VI’s in general are notorious for being quirky on different setups. If you do some searching, you’ll see even Toontrack, who so many praise for drum samples, is not without their own issues.

2 Likes

You still yammering?

1 Like

Is there any reason you’re being shitty to anyone who takes the time to answer you?

You started a thread with a question. You also offered your system spec’s, DAW etc. Not sure it’s our fault for thinking you might’ve been seeking some kind of solution.

2 Likes

I was looking for a solution, not a chat. If I came off shitty, maybe spending so much time with support giving me the runaround might put me in a bad mood.

1 Like

SSD5, Toontrack EzDrummeer and Superior Drummer all worked….

1 Like

Then go use them. Best of luck. Good bye.

2 Likes

Soon to be 13! Lol! Tootles!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Best answer!

1 Like

Always a pleasure. I aim to educate and warn potential users.

1 Like