Why can't Cubase find the core library

After many hours of fiddling around I managed to get BFD3 to load in Cubase 12 Pro.
It’s many years since I have seen such a difficult to load and operate piece of software.
The problem is that BFD3 can’t find the core library.
Has anybody had and successfully sorted this issue?
Many thanks Steve

Have you downloaded the Core Library using the BFD License Manager application? Have you then launched and completed the installer for the Core library?

Also, it’s always best to set it up in stand alone mode rather than your sequencer and make sure the content paths are correctly listed in BFD3’s contents page/tab.

Steve

2 Likes

Works fine for me in Cubase 12 here, and others on this forum.
Follow Drew’s instructions and you should be up and running quickly.
Steve also raises a good point. I know a number of instruments that tell you you make sure you open stand-alone first before opening in your DAW. I believe Omnisphere, Komplete Kontrol, and one or two others that I have all specifically state this. It’s become habit for me at this point. It gets rid of another layer of complexity if you do run into issues even if it’s not required.

1 Like

It’s not necessary to open stand alone first then in Cubase, but I would definitely make sure standalone is working correctly and can see all content rather than trying to do it from within Cubase. I’ve never had an issue when doing it this way.

Thanks so much guys for your help. This is a rare group that actually helps others!
All the advice was great and what worked best for me was to create a BFD Master file. The App found it really easily andvim up and running!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thanks so much guys for your help. This is a rare group that actually helps others!
All the advice was great and what worked best for me was to create a BFD Master file. The App found it really easily and Im writing with it now!

1 Like

All the advice was great and what worked best for me was to create a BFD Master file. The App found it really and now Im getting to know what it can do​:clap::clap::clap::clap:

All the advice was great and what worked best for me was to create a BFD Master file. The App found it really easily andvim up and running!
Thanks Steve

1 Like

Good stuff, have fun and make amazing things with BFD :slight_smile:

I can get the core library to work but I have several libraries that are installed correctly, are authorized and all in a master bfd folder that bfd3 can’t find… getting ready to send in a support ticket with screen shots showing that bfd knows the products are there and authorized but don’t show up in the list of presets that allows me to load them.

Did you try removing them all from the player library, and then rescanning the folders that contain them?