Sorry dangersmith, please disregard my response. I read you post out of context. (I didn’t realize you were responding to Exekiel’s post.)
My sincerest apologies.
Kind regards,
Living Room Rocker
Sorry dangersmith, please disregard my response. I read you post out of context. (I didn’t realize you were responding to Exekiel’s post.)
My sincerest apologies.
Kind regards,
Living Room Rocker
Hello all,
+100 on the intelligent drummer option. (not like Logic’s drummer… please ^^')
Something like what Jamstix did was fantastic.
Choose a drummer and a music style, define a song structure (for example IVVCVCBCO, 4/4, 4 bars per section, 150BPM) adjust (a lot) of parameters which are drummer-specific and style-specific, and generate the grooves in the grid that can be then locked or edited (this was waaaaaay before the whole GenAI buzz).
Jamstix also had some smart things, like defining which limb plays which sound (so no need to be an octopus to play the grooves), and would also take into account the latency between the brain and the limbs to humanize the grooves and give them a realistic feel, especially when composing on the fly. Intensity could be adjusted in real time or automated.
The UI was horrible, but the concept was outstanding
Something that I think would be hugely helpful to those with a lot of expansion kits, would be for the contents page to differentiate between kits and grooves.
Maybe have a split section with a kits and grooves heading or have them coloured, or shaded differently.
It gets quite confusing when they both share the same name and are mixed in together.
Oh yeah, and while I’m at it. the page would also be a lot better if kits could be listed alphabetically and if there was an option to list by date.
Right now, that would be a god send. ![]()
Steve
Will Bfd 4 really come someday or is this just a dream ?
VST3 as you have been promising
VST3 is coming when the next beta version of BFD3 goes public.
It’s currently still being tested but you won’t have to wait until BFD4 is released.
Steve
I want a Multi outputs to my DAW particularly Cubase so i can compress and eq my BFD drums with proffessional tools for each Drum and each cymbals
I’ve been running multiple outs from BFD into my DAW (Digital Performer) for years – since BFD2 in fact, and now into 3.4.
Now, I don’t know what DAW you’re using, so I can’t promise you that this will work for everything.
And some DAWS (like Ableton Live, which I also use) will only “see” a limited number of BFD’s total possible outputs. So you might have to make certain compromises depending upon how many of BFD’s outs are recognized.
And as always, a bit of dedicated time and effort is needed in order to get it all set up and contoured to the environment you’ve got.
So that’s the downside.
The upside is, after you get things sorted out you should be able to template the configuration you develop and recall it pretty easily.
Then you’ve got BFD addressing individual channels in your DAW just as if you’d mic’d a kit that way.
Multiple outs also work flawlessly in LogicPro. (And I would be very surprised if it didn’t work in Cubase just as well, though I’m not familiar with that DAW at all.) The only thing with Logic that remains an annoyance is the dreaded “An Audio Unit is causing a problem …” error message which BFD3 still tends to bring up more often than most other plug-ins. (There are a few others that seem prone to cause it as well though.)
Anyway, why I say all this is because some time ago, I checked to see if BFD3 loaded inside DDMF’s Metaplugin would improve that situation and I was glad to find that it does. Moreover, and this brings me to your multiple output problem, you can use BFD3 inside Metaplugin as a multiple output instrument and add whatever processing you like (any plugin on your system that Metaplugin knows about, can be used) to each individual output, and all of that inside a single instance of Metaplugin. Requires a bit of time cabling things and setting everything up, but it’s pretty straightforward. The big advantage is that you can save entire Metaplugin set-ups (i.o.w. BFD3 using multiple outputs, plus whatever processing you like to apply to its various outputs) as presets. Very convenient. There’s only one less attractive aspect to all of this and that is Metaplugin’s GUI which is not only stupefyingly ugly, but also very difficult to read in places.)
And maybe also good to know: Metaplugin is currently on sale for a little over half its regular price.
__
I used BFD2 inside Metaplugin years ago to use inside Pro Tools when they switched to AAX, but never knew, or figured out how to use the multi outputs. Good to know.
If it hasn’t already been requested… The browser panel on the left should be able to search with tags for brand, materials, processing, tonality, dimensions, qualities, etc. This should be able to work with BFD3 expansions as well as the new stuff.
Exactly!! It’s now March ‘25, it’s been hinted at for several years and no prospective announcements or updates. What gives? Is this happening or not?
I’ve only just discovered this, but if you want to adjust the mic placement, width and distance, you can only do it on the ambient channels and you have to be in ‘tweak’ mode.
But, you can only open the ambient channels with the little triangle when you’re in faders mode.
Shouldn’t the triangle to open the ambient channels be there in tweak mode? ![]()
Steve
Updated Key Maps for V-Drums (Roland TD-27KV2) etc… especially hi-hat articulation response upgrades…
Just getting back into it after many years…so far, an option for new “dark mode” and older “light mode”/white GUI. And another option for viewing the kits in 3D from the view sitting behind the kit, like BFD2 had, and SD3, ML Drums, etc.
I’ll probably add as I rediscover what’s missing, and what I forgot how to do ![]()
Add function in the Key Mapping window to allow Insert and Delete, which would “ripple” the rest of the keys up or down. Bonus if I could do this multiple keys at once. Ability to drag mappings on left keyboard to swap. overwrite, or layer/stack. Export a spreadsheet of mappings with “[DRUM NAME] Articulation :: Note Name :: Note number”
The ability to move drums in the window, so if I want a Floor Tom on the left of the HiHat, I can do that. Bonus if drum placement would affect panning, as in MIR, Ambiente, and other room simulators, but even just seeing the kit diagram accurately would help. Also, update the Icons…Cowbells shouldn’t look like Cymbals…takes too much space and clutters…
Second this! Second this! (repeat to mee the required 20 character minimum LOL)
It would be great to import 3rd party midi grooves without problems.
I miss a display of the last used presets in the file menu and the user folder isn’t visible in the content set up.
Bravo for the sounds.
What would be great: a conversion/export of BDF drum maps to DAWS maps (.drm for cubase, etc.).
Kind regards.