What do you want in BFD4?

I think it just happened to me-- unfortunately I couldn’t give details since I only now noticed it and 90 days might have elapsed by now. What definitely did happen though is that the license manager logged me out and de-authorized the products I had authorized, DLed, and installed. Best of luck Drew, here’s hoping you manage to convince them to give up the 90-day scheme etc. Happy Thanksgiving btw (not sure if you’re American or not but might as well be on the safe side :slight_smile: )

Unfortunately, I am irrepairably British. But thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

you are confusing a subscription with a periodic payment ?

There are lots of types of subscriptions - some require upfront payment - some require no payment whatsoever. Actually I might SUBSCRIBE to this thread.

IMO the current BFD3 licensing system is clearly a subscription system. If I want to ‘unsubscribe’ then after 90 days (or some other random amount much less then 90 days :slight_smile: ) then my licences will cease to work.

4 Likes

this is -the- problem, and specifically for a four figure investment in the core program/expansion packs made -before- InMusic dragged the existing user base down a dark alley…

to make matters worse, i’m getting some rather stressed emails from peeps who decided to give BFD3 a try based on BF pricing and it’s doing it’s wholesale de-authorization after 8 days of usage. (just smh…) I’m referring them to ‘support’.

1 Like

having read thru a few of these posts it might be nice to get a feature summary wishlist (as a poll to vote on?) sometime …or did i miss it?

ps i also get the feelin that maybe BFD may need a new name at some point… i know that sounds like anathema … but perhaps a refresh reboot that works with the various packs as a new product might be worth considering at some point if a line in the sand is required. i take my hihat off to the developers who have navigated some very serious changes by apple et al… as a software dabbler i appreciate the many challenges that users are never aware of… patience persistence perseverance… i enjoy playing BFD 3+

2 Likes

I got BFD mainly for reggae and ska. How about the ability to “tape” drumheads to shape the sound and pitch?

1 Like

Can you not achieve this with the built in effects?

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple of those on the BFD Facebook page too and I’m wondering if they’ve been sold older versions with an older LM as it seemed to have pretty much been fixed with last few builds of the LM.

Steve

That was one of the reasons I went with BFD2, not that it had any great reggae kits or presets, but that it wasn’t so heavily skewed towards metal as toontrack were (and still are) and seemed much more open to other genres.

Reggae and ska are such great genres in the rhythmic sense but seem to be largely ignored by most drum vst’s.
As @deangersmith says, you can achieve good results with the built in effects or other effects you might have but I’d still like to see a more extensive collection of reggae and ska drums and presets with lots of percussion and timbales.

They need to get Denis Bovell in to advise or create some signature kits. :wink:

Steve

2 Likes

I agree, although I have never used the reggae kits much, only on a few projects, they really are good, reggae has such killer rhythms, more of that would be great.

1 Like

@BFD_Drew a lovely reggae kit/presets for BFD4 would be awesome :slight_smile:

could be the case for one, idk. another was not though, got bit by the “LM state thing” and should be ok now. a 3rd could be Mac issues which I no longer use, so not sure.

the common thread was “authorization” issues for all of them.

1 Like

I mentioned previously to bring back mixer presets. I’m assuming that it will save the channel output routing, which is fine. However, routing presets as another option would be useful. Steven Slate has that and it makes routing multi channels to DAW and back to stereo, easy. It saves a file of the channel output routing.

2 Likes

Hi. Have you explored using the ‘Tech’ and ‘Model’ panes in the kit view to customize the sound? The ‘Tech’ windows lets you set the gain, tuning, bleed and aux mic levels, and the ‘Model’ pane lets you set things like damping, envelope, choke, articulation response, and resonance.

I use them a lot, fantastic for fine tuning the kit pieces and make a massive difference when used for cutting kit pieces even finer through any mix, used in moderation of course.

2 Likes

I’d much prefer having graphic representation or photos of each drum kit and each piece, dynamically changing when individual swaps are made, both for instant recognition and just general interest.

Aesthetics are bullshit. If we could drag the drums around in the GUI and effect both the direct and overhead/room mixes, that would be cool. I can’t seem to move pieces around so I use the stereo on the direct channel.

What do ,you mean by, ‘move the kit pieces around’?

You can add any kit piece to any slot if that helps, even a hi-hat in a kick slot.

Steve

:roll_eyes:

Moving the kit pieces around to effect the stereo field.